(Topic ID: 43014)

What pins would be a hit based on gaming system games made over the years?

By Jackontherocks

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dgpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-4.jpg
    sonic-the-hedgehog.jpg

#1 6 years ago

My vote hands down is Castlevania. Just an idea as have not seen hardly any new pins based off any of the long lasting games which have lasted through the years on various game systems like Playstation, Xbox, Wii, etc. As we get more selections I can add a poll with top 8 choices. Yep Ninja Gaiden was my favorite as well and I think would work along with Contra. I wish Stern would look into it besides movie after boring movie to make pins today.

#2 6 years ago

COD and GTA

#3 6 years ago

Ninja Gaiden (based on the original NES trilogy, they would have to make the game pretty darn impossible to beat the wizard mode, Ninja Gaiden made Castlevania look like a kids game as far as difficulty goes):

#4 6 years ago

Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden would be sweet.

For newer series, I think God of War would make a good pin theme. Not my favorite series, but it feels like it would make the conversion well.

My real choice would be Metroid. Sexy? Check. Space? Check. Hell, she's a freaking ball already!

#5 6 years ago

I think the elephant in the room in this conversation is Resident Evil.

Many believe Stern is going to do one based on the movies (and their immense library) when they switch to the LCD display (if zombies remain in vogue whenever that actually happens...and I'm beginning to think that may be further away than many people realize).

Of course, since it would be based on the movies and not the game I don't think I would count it as a fair answer to OP's very good question.

#6 6 years ago

Cod for sure

#7 6 years ago

I would take a GOW theme over COD.

#8 6 years ago

The Legend of Zelda has a ton content for a pin. If you base it on the original, you battle the bosses, collect the triforce, defeat Gannon, and save Zelda. In all of the Zelda games, they have a ton of mini games, so it would fun to see those incorporated as little optional side missions.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from crazyerk:

The Legend of Zelda has a ton content for a pin. If you base it on the original, you battle the bosses, collect the triforce, defeat Gannon, and save Zelda. In all of the Zelda games, they have a ton of mini games, so it would fun to see those incorporated as little optional side missions.

Zelda would be really cool. I'd be a bit worried about the art package being overly cartoonist though. The sound track they could do with the game would be epic though; there has been a lot of really iconic music in the Zelda games.

Good call on Zelda.

#10 6 years ago

The games already made to this criteria are really hit and miss.

There are a ton of themes that sound great just not sure they would make and excellent pinball machine. Games like SF2 for example. Or I like SMB but most do not. Is there bigger characters outside of disney?? Street fighter was huge so was Super Mario Bros and anything nintendo to date.
    Zelda sounds cool so does contra. Would they make a great pin I have no idea really. I would like to see more original themes honestly. Get away from licensing and put the money towards loaded playfields.

#11 6 years ago

Anyone here remember the Bally Professional Arcade? It became Astrocade/ Astrovision. Greta Gaming System. Jack may have played it and liked it!

#12 6 years ago

Legend of Zelda all day long. There are so many things you could do and the music and sound would be stellar!

Kevin

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Zelda would be really cool. I'd be a bit worried about the art package being overly cartoonist though.

This was my concern with a Zelda pin, and FWIW my favorite Zelda art style is Wind Waker. Using the SMB pin as an example, I really enjoy that game, but it does stand out when placed in a lineup with other machines. I do agree it would have the best music of any pinball ever though.

Contra would be cool. 3-ball spreadshot multiball? I could see it.

Disregarding my above concerns with cartoony pins, what about a Steve Ritchie designed Sonic pin with a No Fear-like layout and a Dr Robotnik toy in the middle you could bash over and over?

#14 6 years ago

Metal Slug would be a pretty fun title to play with. Rocket LAWNCHAIR!

#15 6 years ago

God of War hands down would be the best video game to adapt into a pinball machine. It has sex, mythology, and an epic story. Plus, the theme resonates beyond the video game market. Practically everybody is familiar with Zeus, Atlas, Aphrodite, etc. in one way or another.

It would make for a great pin with a killer art package and an awesome soundtrack. Build it and I will buy it. Assuming it doesn't cost $7,500 anyway.

#16 6 years ago

Capcom could have done it, Mega Man.

#17 6 years ago

Metal Gear Solid or the Final Fantasy Series!!

#18 6 years ago

Metal Slug and Mega Man have both been done virtually.

#19 6 years ago

Oh man, can't believe I didnt think about Mega Man. Talk about a game that would have potential for a cool video mode...boss fights. The DMD display is not all that much worse than the original 8 bit graphics; heck, I think it is better...certainly better than the original gameboy.

Bring on Mega Man and breath life back into video modes for pinball!

#20 6 years ago

The Witcher, Dead Space or Portal are my votes. But all the others would be pretty dern cool.

#21 6 years ago

Ghouls and Ghosts

#23 6 years ago

That's easy.......Bioshock!

#24 6 years ago

Metroid would be incedible.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tseamans:

That's easy.......Bioshock!

This would also make for an amazing pinball theme.

#26 6 years ago

This would have done very well back in 1991....

sonic-the-hedgehog.jpg

#27 6 years ago

Earthbound

#28 6 years ago

How bout smash tv!?! Would have a great sound and art package.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Completely agree! The classic mega man music would be perfect!

#30 6 years ago

Super Smash Brothers

#31 6 years ago

I'd buy a Zelda or MegaMan instantly. Castlevania could be sweet, and would love to see a Metroid if done right. (wasn't a fan of the GBA one)

Other big titles off the top of my head: Kingdom Hearts, God of War, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear, and Pokémon! (loved the GameBoy one :p)

#32 6 years ago

I think you would have to go with a 80's to mid 90's arcade. just for the art and theme.

#33 6 years ago

Grand Theft Auto V would make an awesome pin.

#34 6 years ago

Come on guys. I'm disappointed.

Mass Effect. It's got modes coming out the nose, ultra hot women, bad ass aliens, guns, explosions, story line, sound effects, speech. Can you imagine the back glass with Miranda, Tali and Liara?

Food for thought:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hA26_T34wDk/T00m-tx63cI/AAAAAAAAAvk/Ie8JYbahlts/s1600/Mass_Effect_3_Girl_Miranda_Lawson_HD_Wallpaper-gWb.png

#35 6 years ago

I'll jump on the Zelda bandwagon. The sound package alone would be fantastic in a pinball machine.

#36 6 years ago

I think Donkey Kong would work. I think something interesting could be done with Duck Hunt and moving targets. Actually, I'd like to see Tetris, you could do a Pinbot like target set that either rotates or moves falling blocks then when a line is completed you get something.

#37 6 years ago

I've always wondered if Mega Man was in the works before Capcom closed. Here's a pic of some Mega Man toys hanging on the bulletin board at Capcom.

image-4.jpg

#38 6 years ago

Metroid prime

Tombraider

Dune 2

Wolfenstein

#39 6 years ago

Would never happen but Bombermanwould be awesome. I'd like to see something done with bright colorful graphics.

#40 6 years ago

Now I'm wanting to see a Tempest pinball machine. I have Tempest 2000 and Tempest 3000, and I'd get the arcade game in half a second if I found one local for a reasonable price.

#41 6 years ago

Metroid

#42 6 years ago

I'd be down for a Gears of War or a Halo pin.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

Now I'm wanting to see a Tempest pinball machine. I have Tempest 2000 and Tempest 3000, and I'd get the arcade game in half a second if I found one local for a reasonable price.

I enjoyed Tempest for many years when my Dad brought it home for me back in 8th or 9th grade I belive or around 1990.After my friend pulled the plug the screen went dead and I could not find anyone to fix it in Southern California. Years later it was sold for about 50 bucks but always. Then I discovered pinball and my Dad picked up a 1978 Williams World Cup for around 500 bucks. I enjoyed it as much as I could until it broke and once again could not find anyone in area with knowledge to fix. After college it was sold for maybe 100 bucks or so. All in all both we're fun to play and I was extremely like to have them growing up. Thanks again DAD. Now finally I was able to get one of my favorites TFTC. I always played in the wild after getting World Cup and wanted more with ramps. I said one day I would get another pin and finally did in Dec 2012.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from HeyNow:

Would never happen but Bombermanwould be awesome. I'd like to see something done with bright colorful graphics.

I could never get to end of Bomberman and would always blow myself up once I got so many bombs and game went faster.

5 years later
    #45 1 year ago

Since Stern apparently watches or listens to our suggestions, and I always wished for a Maiden pin and it’s finally happening. I wanted to restart this thread hoping CASTLEVANIA gets made, always great music and everyone loves monsters. Bring it.

#46 1 year ago

Come up with the top choices and we can at a poll as when once I figure out how to do too.

#47 1 year ago

The Earth Defense Force series.

#48 1 year ago

Mortal Kombat in any version would have been a great pin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 24.25
    Lighting - Other
    The MOD Couple
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 299.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    £ 82.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rods Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside