Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What pins would you prefer to play?”

• Old EM 1 vote
      2%
    • Early solid state 4 votes
      7%
    • Late 80s 2 votes
      4%
    • 90s Bally Williams 13 votes
      24%
    • 90s Data East 0 votes
    • 90s Sega 2 votes
      4%
    • 2000s Stern 2 votes
      4%
    • JJP 2 votes
      4%
    • CGC remakes 4 votes
      7%
    • New stern 18 votes
      33%
    • American Pinball 2 votes
      4%
    • Spooky 1 vote
      2%
    • P3 Multimorphic 1 vote
      2%
    • Homepin 0 votes
    • Other- add in comments 2 votes
      4%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

frontjjp (resized).JPG
    popmach (resized).JPG
    808CAFEF-7F16-42CB-86ED-A530F8A65D37.gif
    a122bb7f (resized).jpg
    9125666C-00DC-4842-ACCE-207A16150496 (resized).jpeg
    how to use pinside (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonedef131.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 4 years ago

DO NOT count on people getting change from the bar staff. You absolutely must have an automatic way for people to convert paper money into pinball currency. You need people to be able to play impulsively and with maximum convenience. If they have to wait in line or interact with unenthusiastic bartenders, they would rather just not play. You also don't want the staff to be annoyed by the machines. It's important the establishment feels like the machines are drawing new customers in, or causing current customers to stay longer and drink more beer. As soon as they have to sit there and dish out change instead of pouring drinks and earning tips, you'll be on their shitlist. If you do a split that can keep the proprietor happy, but you want the wait staff to feel like the machines are a good thing so they can report problems, clean the glass and maybe if you're lucky even play the machines. I always chat up the staff when I'm in playing or servicing the machines and ask them specifically if the machine are causing them any problems. I also hook them up with free credits and tip very generously, this all gets paid forward.

Change machines are great, especially if they accept large bills, but they take up space and when they run out and people are counting on them you're in trouble. They work great in arcades where coin drop is the business and someone is always there when they run out to fill it up. You won't always be there and if that thing runs out in the middle of a busy weekend night your earnings will take a serious hit. I have zero interest in stopping in and checking change levels on a machine multiple times a week and making constant trips to the bank for change. One of my breweries asked specifically for a change machine even though every table has a DBV. I bought them one under the condition that they keep it full and all the money inside of it is theirs. I don't even have a key to it, so they are soley responsible for keeping it stocked. If it runs out, I don't care because the games all take bills.

My recommendation, put a bill validator on every single game. If it doesn't have a slot for one, it's too old for location use. Even if you bulletproof an old game and get it reliable, you can't charge as much per play and they just don't make enough money on route.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonedef131.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-to-add-at-a-brewery?tu=tonedef131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.