Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What pins would you prefer to play?”

• Old EM 1 vote
      2%
    • Early solid state 4 votes
      7%
    • Late 80s 2 votes
      4%
    • 90s Bally Williams 13 votes
      24%
    • 90s Data East 0 votes
    • 90s Sega 2 votes
      4%
    • 2000s Stern 2 votes
      4%
    • JJP 2 votes
      4%
    • CGC remakes 4 votes
      7%
    • New stern 18 votes
      33%
    • American Pinball 2 votes
      4%
    • Spooky 1 vote
      2%
    • P3 Multimorphic 1 vote
      2%
    • Homepin 0 votes
    • Other- add in comments 2 votes
      4%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

frontjjp (resized).JPG
    popmach (resized).JPG
    808CAFEF-7F16-42CB-86ED-A530F8A65D37.gif
    a122bb7f (resized).jpg
    9125666C-00DC-4842-ACCE-207A16150496 (resized).jpeg
    how to use pinside (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinquest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

COZ ma dude! We have 16 games in our brewery location. All I can say is THEME THEME THEME in the beginning. Remember that if you are reintroducing pinball to the general public, they are going to be drawn to pop culture/something they recognize. Once you break the barrier and get people addicted you can then add the occasional off the path/classic title.

Our line up consists of:
    Super Mario(shitty game but top earner)
    Rocky and Bullwinkle(another shitty game, but a close second in earnings)
    South Park(again..... real shitty game... but great earner)
    Creature from the black lagoon
    Twilight zone
    Tron
    Attack from Mars
    Monsterbash
    Oktoberfest
    Star Wars
    Star Trek
    Munsters
    Ghost busters
    Deadpool
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Medieval madness

I can 100% tell you the general public start on the licensed themes. Once they learn there are actually rules, they start to explore the other games.

make sure you have a pinball 101 class every now and then, get the bar to provide a free beer to draw a crowd and teach the class. I have a power point I can send you if you like!

Lastly, I don’t mean this to be a plug.... but it is what it is.... If you can get people using PINQUEST the theme may not matter like it used to as the chase for the achievement may out weigh the theme.

PM me if you want to chat!

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As far as THEME THEME THEME, I guess it really matters what part of the country you are in. Or what part of the world you are in for that matter.

Agreed, but generally speaking in most parts of the country and world, pinball has been dead for a long time. To resurrect the game, you need to get a familiar theme out on location to get the general public playing. Stern knows this, which is why they are expanding to target events like Comic-Con and releasing “new” titles like the Starwars home pin and JP.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

May want to consider Oktoberfest.

Yes! This game does great for the brewery here!!!

#38 4 years ago

We had an Austin powers and a monopoly both did AWESOME but were maintenance nightmares for some reason for us. Monopoly’s little flipper always had issues and the time machine on AP would always crap out.

We tried music pins. Big time losers at our location. We’re a massive family friendly brewery. You can look it up if you care to! wonderland Brewing in Colorado.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

OP I think you can mark this as resolved- the consensus is in!! Summary:
    Get a variety of pins and manufacturers but different eras with different themes and not certain manufacturers or themes or eras.
    Get some classic 90s themes like baywatch, but don’t get baywatch cause it’s a dog on location.
    Get all music pins, but don’t get any music pins cause you might not be able to hear them and people won’t play them.
    Get a few jjp, stern, and wms games but don’t get any jjp games, get all modern games and have a good line up of classic wms games.
    Make it kid friendly but get more adult themes cause kids and adults will be playing.
    Also make sure you put in a bunch of the shittiest pinballs (from pinheads perspective) like south park, Mario and street fighter to bring in the cash but don’t put any of those in cause you wanna attract players.
    Def put in a an IM cause players and casuals will both like it except people’s children will shit their pants when they see it and everyone will then leave the bar.
    Clear as mud????? Lol

Hahahaha well said. Pure science

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinquest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-to-add-at-a-brewery?tu=pinquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.