Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What pins would you prefer to play?”

• Old EM 1 vote
      2%
    • Early solid state 4 votes
      7%
    • Late 80s 2 votes
      4%
    • 90s Bally Williams 13 votes
      24%
    • 90s Data East 0 votes
    • 90s Sega 2 votes
      4%
    • 2000s Stern 2 votes
      4%
    • JJP 2 votes
      4%
    • CGC remakes 4 votes
      7%
    • New stern 18 votes
      33%
    • American Pinball 2 votes
      4%
    • Spooky 1 vote
      2%
    • P3 Multimorphic 1 vote
      2%
    • Homepin 0 votes
    • Other- add in comments 2 votes
      4%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

frontjjp (resized).JPG
    popmach (resized).JPG
    808CAFEF-7F16-42CB-86ED-A530F8A65D37.gif
    a122bb7f (resized).jpg
    9125666C-00DC-4842-ACCE-207A16150496 (resized).jpeg
    how to use pinside (resized).JPG

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

New people to pinball are really going to dig the deep, complicated rules of the modern game. Everything they need to know is printed right out on the instruction cards.

#102 4 years ago

Another thing to consider when people like a pinball machine or report long lines to play it.

Is it on coin play or free play ?

That can make a huge difference on what games get played in your location or not.

And your concern is the cash box, not games you like. You are working towards pins that earn.

LTG : )

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And your concern is the cash box, not games you like. You are working towards pins that earn.

I like only the best games so they will like them too.

A guy in his 30s just upgraded my DirecTV. He saw my T2 and said "I remember this one". So I turned it on and he started killing it.

Young adults remember pinball, and just like the rest of us, it is the games they remember that they would like to see again, even if they were too young to play them at the time.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Another thing to consider when people like a pinball machine or report long lines to play it.
    Is it on coin play or free play ?
    That can make a huge difference on what games get played in your location or not.

Coin drop, no free play.

What is the best drink holder to use on pins? I found a couple but they were $45 a piece. Any other drink holders you’d recommend?

#105 4 years ago

$45? Holy shit! PinGulps are like $12-$15. Not sure how they would hold up out in the wild though. I’m sure others here have an opinion

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Coin drop, no free play.
    What is the best drink holder to use on pins? I found a couple but they were $45 a piece. Any other drink holders you’d recommend?

PinGulps!!

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

What pins to add at a brewery?

I'm mildly surprised that no one has suggested any "home brew" games as appropriate for such a location.

(It's okay if you don't like this one. My wife keeps telling me I'm not as funny as I think I am.)

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

$45? Holy shit! PinGulps are like $12-$15. Not sure how they would hold up out in the wild though. I’m sure others here have an opinion

Sure do!

a122bb7f (resized).jpga122bb7f (resized).jpg
    #109 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm mildly surprised that no one has suggested any "home brew" games as appropriate for such a location.
    (It's okay if you don't like this one. My wife keeps telling me I'm not as funny as I think I am.)

808CAFEF-7F16-42CB-86ED-A530F8A65D37.gif808CAFEF-7F16-42CB-86ED-A530F8A65D37.gif
    #110 4 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Love having pinball machines at breweries.
    I hope this is a huge success for you!

Agreed. Breweries with pinball machines are cool!

And ... beyond that, a brewery with an Oktoberfest pinball machine is BITCHIN'!

Just sayin'.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sure do![quoted image]

Gotta love those old machines! What’s to the right of the glass? Is that where you plug in your electric razor?

#112 4 years ago

Did you See Dave & Busters is re-introducing Pinball?
    Announced here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3s-are-on-location-at-dave-amp-buster-s

Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm mildly surprised that no one has suggested any "home brew" games

With Pinstadiums?
    LOL - sorry couldn't resist.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Gotta love those old machines! What’s to the right of the glass? Is that where you plug in your electric razor?

That's your cigar holder right there. Or cigarettes, whichever you prefer. All arcades, home or otherwise, should at least have one shelf game.

#114 4 years ago

AFMr
    SM
    Stern POTC
    GOTG
    MBr

#115 4 years ago

BM66
    T2
    Earthshaker
    Flash Gordon
    One random EM shelf game.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Any other drink holders you’d recommend?

I don't use them.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't use them.

can people byob at ss billiards?

i don’t even recall seeing a soda machine when i was there last time. and that’s totally cool with me

#118 4 years ago

Use the detachable ones from pinballlife.com.

#119 4 years ago

The newest games you feel comfortable working on and making minor fixes to. Good luck Coz.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from anathematize:

can people byob at ss billiards?

No alcohol. You can bring in food and non alcoholic drinks.

i don’t even recall seeing a soda machine when i was there last time.

You mean the big black thing that has been sitting by the front door for 28 years ?

popmach (resized).JPGpopmach (resized).JPG
    #121 4 years ago

Addams
    Sopranos (routinely kills)
    Spiderman
    Metallica
    Deadpool
    Lord of the rings
    Wizard of Oz
    Wonka
    Mario (this seems ever true)

Themes with immediate appeal are key, esp if they have cool toys

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You mean the big black thing that has been sitting by the front door for 28 years ?
    LTG : )[quoted image]

i think i must have been distracted by the row of pristine JJP machines to even notice the vending machine

#123 4 years ago

i think i must have been distracted by the row of pristine JJP machines to even notice the vending machine

Well you can't be blamed for that.

frontjjp (resized).JPGfrontjjp (resized).JPG
    #124 4 years ago

I also very strongly suggest bill acceptors on your machines. Don’t bug bartenders with making change!

#125 4 years ago

DBAs are a must. Absolutely no question. Its not just about the bartender / staff, its about player convenience. Most people don't walk around with lots of quarters in their pocket, but usually will have a couple ones. Casuals especially may not even bother to try to create change and just keep walking.

Modern Stern (Pro model) games are going to be the best bet for a location. GOTG and Deadpool are two very strong earners. Perhaps you can snag these for a decent deal used with all the new hotness coming out. Stay away from Premiums.

#126 4 years ago

The Getaway is great beer drinking game, not to complicated an always seems to do well on location.

#127 4 years ago

Thanks for all the info so far. Looking to get a change machine ASAP

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If i was to sneak in a flask like at the ball game, would you look the other way?

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If i was to sneak in a flask like at the ball game, would you look the other way?

I would be sad that someone would risk me losing my license and putting me out of business.

Disclaimer : Family, friend, or customer. I'd throw you out so fast that you would wonder what just happened.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I would be sad that someone would risk me losing my license and putting me out of business.
    Disclaimer : Family, friend, or customer. I'd throw you out so fast that you would wonder what just happened.

I wouldn't do that Lloyd. But what my big plan is when I retire and take my nationwide RV tour, is to camp out in your parking lot for a couple nights, and any of that will be done out there.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Well you can't be blamed for that.
    LTG : )[quoted image]

Jeebus cripes. That's what... like North of $48k sitting there? How in the bloody hell does a person plan on making that money back? Seems most operators I know quote a couple hundred a month is normal for them. I suck at math but that's a long ass haul investment that I cant see how it pays to stay in business?!

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Jeebus cripes. That's what...

That is called doing the best for your customers you can.

Quoted from CLEllison:

I cant see how it pays to stay in business?!

I often wonder that myself.

Right before Willy's arrival.

#133 4 years ago

We have some amazing line ups at multiple breweries. I think you can pull it off COZ!

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

We have some amazing line ups at multiple breweries. I think you can pull it off COZ!

Wow! That’s an impressive lineup. I’m just hoping to have 4 or 5.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Wow! That’s an impressive lineup. I’m just hoping to have 4 or 5.

Thanks! You will start with 4 or 5. You will end up with a lot.

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-to-add-at-a-brewery/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.