Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

serenity (resized).jpg
IMG_20161228_161638 (resized).jpg

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

While at ReplayFX this weekend, I probably played about 30-40 pins which I never had the chance the play before. And while I can appreciate most of them, there were obviously some that I just did not enjoy.... but the select few that just made me want to run away are the following

Hollywood Heat - Ughhh.... Played the first ball and had to walk away. when I was looking to buy my first pin, I would see this title for super cheap, and thought it would be a good entry level pin... if I had bought it as my first, I would never have gotten in to this hobby.

CSI - Looked like it would be fun, but just could not get in to it. I just let my third ball drain and walked away.

Nascar - I think the track around the playfield is cool, but then shrinks down everything else making this a pin I just didn't want to spend any time on.

#2 5 years ago

Barring a game that simply didn't work correctly, Dominos is the
Only Game I can think of

#3 5 years ago

A virtual pin...midway through the first ball I said "what the heck is this crap?" and walked away.

#4 5 years ago

Love my Hollywood heat... You just have to understand the rules. I played a Rock last weekend... Holy hell that sucked. It needs a 2x6 under the back legs.

#5 5 years ago

Swords or fury, night rider this year

#6 5 years ago

Blackwater 100
Barbwire
Viper night driving

#7 5 years ago

X Men
Ghostbusters

#8 5 years ago

Never walked away in the middle of a game unless there was a stuck ball, flippers not working properly, or mech broken. And even then I still at least plunge the balls and play out the game if possible. I consider it improper etiquette to just walk away from something you started. But not quite as bad as starting a multi-player game all for yourself when there are people waiting in line.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Never walked away in the middle of a game unless there was a stuck ball, flippers not working properly, or mech broken. And even then I still at least plunge the balls and play out the game if possible. I consider it improper etiquette to just walk away from something you started. But not quite as bad as starting a multi-player game all for yourself when there are people waiting in line.

Ya... I did still "plunge the ball", just didn't play it.

A couple of times this weekend I walked up to a game, and there were 4 player games started, all on ball 1.... can't stand that.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Hollywood Heat - Ughhh.... Played the first ball and had to walk away. when I was looking to buy my first pin, I would see this title for super cheap, and thought it would be a good entry level pin... if I had bought it as my first, I would never have gotten in to this hobby.

Ha, that was my second game. Can actually be pretty fun after you get to know it!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Love my Hollywood heat... You just have to understand the rules. I played a Rock last weekend... Holy hell that sucked. It needs a 2x6 under the back legs.

I agree with that. Hollywood Heat is one of those games where the rules aren't very clear at first, but once you get it, it makes for some seriously fun games.

As for me, I don't think I've ever left balls on a machine that I didn't like playing. I have plunged extra balls and let them drain if I felt like the game was going on too long, though. Some of the early Lawlor games are a little too generous with extra balls.

#12 5 years ago

CSI for me. I actually bought one because my wife loved the show so much. It was just so bad!

Top end game: monster bash. Just did nothing for me and the ball times were super long. I was expecting AFM and it just did nothing for me.

#13 5 years ago

Stargate. . . but only because someone was done with his game on Dialed In and there was no one behind him at the last show.

I'd still like to own a Stargate someday. . .

#14 5 years ago

South Park.

#15 5 years ago

Played this spiderman in Arizona.... Was dirty as hell and not worth sticking around for. Was a shame because I love spiderman normally.

Can't say it wasn't working, but it was definitely full of broken stuff

IMG_20161228_161638 (resized).jpgIMG_20161228_161638 (resized).jpg
#16 5 years ago

WPT
Mustang Pro

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Was dirty as hell and not worth sticking around for.

Looks like there could actually be spider webs in that one.

#18 5 years ago

My Full Throttle almost 2 years ago...broke mid game...

Not Heighway neither Cointaker ever made good on their promise to assist me.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

ascar - I think the track around the playfield is cool, but then shrinks down everything else making this a pin I just didn't want to spend any time on

Similar thoughts. Liked the track, the smash toy. Played it at a bowling alley nearby, replays were set fairly low. Walked away with 4 or 5 credits.

#20 5 years ago

Alien, truck stop, dr dude, Viking, classic Iron Maiden, space invaders. All games that just don’t do it for me. All games I’ve left with balls in play over the years..oh! and last but not least preditor

#21 5 years ago

American Most Haunted, Magic Girl, Vacation America, Jetson's, Shaq Attack, most Data East titles, Gameplan cocktails, and virtual pinball.

#22 5 years ago

One that just made me recently walk away from was Thunderbirds at replay fx.

#25 5 years ago

Batman 66

#26 5 years ago

Mustang. That game is just a bummer, if all pinball was like that, I wouldn't play pinball. Also: Road Kings, Stern Rolling Stones, Gilligan's Island.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Same here. What a disaster...

#28 5 years ago

Pit Stop (em). Walked away during tournament warm up. Forced to play a complete game during tournament play. I like a lot of EMs but not this one

Jungle Lord. See above comments

SF2. Really boring

Games that I see at shows that I dont like playing I always plunge the remaining balls before leaving. Usually their pitch isn’t set up high enough or main features of the game aren’t working

#29 5 years ago

class of 1812, Gilligan's island.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Forgot... I also walked away from this at replayfx. Though it was because it couldn’t find my ball and after about 20 seconds of waiting, it hadn’t gone through a ball find sequence, and I was too bored to wait.

#31 5 years ago

I have a "rule" , if I see an unfinished game, I will play it through. example it's usually the 3'rd ball in the shooter lane. I'll look around to see if the player just hadn't stepped away for a moment. and ask if anyone is close by if it was their game. then play it out if none to be found.

Or if I see a ball search & the flippers are functioning I will try and un-loosen a trapped ball to finish the game.

I always wait to see if I match for a whole new game and celebrate (even if on freeplay)

Yeah sometimes I will get burned out on a game I had won a lot of credits on and will leave them for others.

If a major malfunction I will let someone know to hopefully fix the situation. if it's just a kid giving me quarters back for an obvious unplayable game I will turn it off.

So Thanks to everybody who leave a ball in a shooter lane for me

#32 5 years ago

south park and shaq

#33 5 years ago

The only games I’ve ever dropped coins in and walked away before plunging the third ball were Pool Sharks and Rescue 911.

#34 5 years ago

Second that! ( Houdini )

#35 5 years ago

Alien at home, but thats just because it was night time and I was too scared to play more by myself with no one else in the house.

#36 5 years ago

I get some of these, but Mustang? Houdini?

They may not be for everyone’s style, but they’re not terrible.

#37 5 years ago

None....

#38 5 years ago

Wrestlemania most recently. Had enough after 2 balls.

#39 5 years ago

BBBB, and I love Loony Tunes...

#40 5 years ago

Street Fighter II

#41 5 years ago

Only once. Cyclopes. Ball was bouncing back and forth between lower left pop bumper and rubber ring.

Apparently a common issue, I've seen a path worn there on all the ones I've seen.

What a snooze fest.

LTG : )

#42 5 years ago

Probably none that I can think of plus it's rude to do so at somebody's house or at a show.....but I can think of plenty of games that I would have liked to, simply because I didn't care for the game right from the start.

John

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

Ya... I did still "plunge the ball", just didn't play it.
A couple of times this weekend I walked up to a game, and there were 4 player games started, all on ball 1.... can't stand that.

Phew. I was ready to give you a ration of crap for that. I walked up to a bunch of machines that were “mid game” this weekend. I always assume it’s newbs or kids. And I just play them out so it’s ready for the next person. Yes, there were a few games I just dumped out of and plunged the rest because I didn’t like the game. So I guess those qualify. Really the few days I had were not long enough to play all the games I wanted to. So I’m not going to play one I don’t like.

PS: WTB: Transformers Pro. If I hadn’t needed to be back for work tomorrow, I’d still be playing it.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from DDandB-KID:

Second that! ( Houdini )

What made you walk away from this one?

#45 5 years ago

Just about any 2 inch flipper EM where your fingers get cut up when you push the flippers.

#46 5 years ago

Lost in Space. Truly awful.

#47 5 years ago

Rob zombie....no good....

#48 5 years ago

Waterworld

#49 5 years ago

Dialed In

#50 5 years ago

Now you're just being a snob.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-have-you-walked-away-from-with-balls-left-to-plunge?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.