Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

serenity (resized).jpg
IMG_20161228_161638 (resized).jpg

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#52 5 years ago

Man, most modern games are not that bad if working correctly. DI, BM66, Houdini, Alien??? I cannot stand playing a game that has important stuff not working or flippers weak. No point playing those. That said, some games just put off the stink of being bad and I don't even try. Once in a while I try to play an EM thinking I will like it. They look cool and retro but immediately regret starting a game. Just not my thing.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Played this spiderman in Arizona.... Was dirty as hell and not worth sticking around for. Was a shame because I love spiderman normally.
Can't say it wasn't working, but it was definitely full of broken stuff
[quoted image]

It’s always dirty for years at the Sugar Bowl, should have gone down the road for beer at Coachhouse and play a game.

#54 5 years ago

Shrek .

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Now you're just being a snob.

Ah, no. True story. In fact, had to plunge out the player before me also.

#56 5 years ago

Glad I’m not the only one for Houdini
Such a let down

#58 5 years ago

First time I played it on location I walked away as well, too tacky with those photos, too awkward with those drones and cell phone. The underwhelming speech and music.

A few months later I was at another location, ended up pumping 40 bucks into Dialed In

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Glad I’m not the only one for Houdini
Such a let down

Glad I'm not the only "snob".

#60 5 years ago

This year I was Alice Cooper & JJPOTC, but I'd love to try them again when they're more complete.

Edit: and maybe Houdini

#61 5 years ago

Houdini sucked at replay when I played it. Didn't walk away but didn't have any fun playing it. It does look real nice though.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

First time I played it on location I walked away as well, too tacky with those photos, too awkward with those drones and cell phone. The underwhelming speech and music.
A few months later I was at another location, ended up pumping 40 bucks into Dialed In

I had the opposite experience. Owned it for a few months and loved it at first. Can barely look at it now.

But everyone's entitled to their opinions, except when they disagree with mine, then they are wrong.

#63 5 years ago

Same as my wife and I. Both of us really wanted to love DI but just could not.

#64 5 years ago

CSI and 24. Literally could not lose the ball, had tremendously long and boring ball 1s and just let it drain finally and walked away.

#65 5 years ago

Houdini would be much better if they cut the video mode times down by 75%. There was a ton of thumb twiddling when I played it.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from DDandB-KID:

Second that! ( Houdini )

Same here.... also the new star wars and Alice cooper.....

#68 5 years ago

The new Alice Cooper game was a walk away for me.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

The new Alice Cooper game was a walk away for me.

I did the same. It's about as lousy as pinball gets.

#70 5 years ago

So many "snobs" in this thread.

#71 5 years ago

stern star wars. i was so disappointed.

#72 5 years ago

There was a stern nascar in town that was so awful that lots of people would walk away with balls left in a game and often credits on the display as well. Sometimes I would try to play one of those free games and couldn't finish.

Someone agrees because the game is linked but not by me.

#73 5 years ago

The worst game at ReplayFX was Class of 1812 - loud, ugly and generally awful - but I still played 3 balls. I walked away from a badly leveled Dr. Dude and a Rollercoaster Tycoon that was so grungy that ramp shots were impossible.

I tried Ro-Go, El Toro and Satin Doll - not great but not deserving of the hate they often get.

CSI, Wheel of Fortune and 24 fascinated me and I was determined to figure out how to play them. I predict that CSI will become the new Congo - a once-reviled game that will become a collector's grail once people see how brilliant it is.

#74 5 years ago

Most recently Houdini.

It stopped to tell me what to do, and I just stopped playing it.

Iron Maiden

Big Lebowski

Kiss

are a few of the recent others I had no desire to keep playing.

#75 5 years ago

Didn't walk away from the middle of the game, but I certainly left credits on Stern's KISS. Just couldn't bear to hit "Start" to finish the credits I put in.

#76 5 years ago

F14 with ridiculously bright LEDs as flashlamps - stumbled away blinded shortly after plunging first ball.

#77 5 years ago

I’m surprised by how often Houdini is brought up. Is it just because of the long ball times? With as visual as it is, i would think you would want to keep playing to at least see what’s next.

Funny enough, I never got a chance to play it as there was always a wait, and I didn’t want to stick around.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

I’m surprised by how often Houdini is brought up.

Like I said, I want to be playing, not stopping and listening to instructions. That one is totally over the top lame in that department.

#79 5 years ago

Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball. My god what an awful game.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like I said, I want to be playing, not stopping and listening to instructions. That one is totally over the top lame in that department.

You can skip the instructions and there is also a way to disable the instructions in the menu

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

You can skip the instructions and there is also a way to disable the instructions in the menu

That's the only instructions it wouldn't give me.

There wasn't anything really special about the rest of that machine that would make me want to play it again anyway. And how about that god awful cabinet design that makes it stick out like a sore thumb.

#83 5 years ago

Stern IJ

SW Episode 1

Games just wouldn't end and were not fun for me.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, because holding in both flippers to skip through it and put ball back in play is such a chore. Not everyone is as brilliant and allseeing as you, some like to have guidance when they play a game

To me a walk away game is where I keep
Flipping and flipping and I get bored as nothing happens, shots are too easy and repetitive and feels like the game is never gonna to end, like South Park

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

I’m surprised by how often Houdini is brought up. Is it just because of the long ball times? With as visual as it is, i would think you would want to keep playing to at least see what’s next.

No idea. On the route I help with that's mostly casuals, Houdini is currently earning better than AfMr and Iron Maiden (neither of which are earning badly in their own right). In fact Iron Maiden has fallen to 3rd place at that location after a strong start. Houdini's been strong since February when it was put out.

#86 5 years ago

star wars

#87 5 years ago

"Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure"
Not so spectacular actually.

#88 5 years ago

JJP potc

#89 5 years ago

I'm one of the people who wears the orange STAFF shirts at the VFW Pinball Museum show in May every year (and now one day in September too). During the shows the thing I do most isn't fixing machines, it's plunging unplayed balls. Knock it off peoples, hahaha.

#90 5 years ago

So has this happened to anyone else - At a show walk up to a game that's on ball 3 - and 4 players - so I play the last balls - someone comes up and stands behind me and I start a 1 player new game . I end up looking like an A- hole for hogging the game !

#91 5 years ago

Dialed In for me - definitely don’t see the hype.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So has this happened to anyone else - At a show walk up to a game that's on ball 3 - and 4 players - so I play the last balls - someone comes up and stands behind me and I start a 1 player new game . I end up looking like an A- hole for hogging the game !

Been in the same position at vfw

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Been in the same position at vfw

At the VFW we try to cancel out 2,3, & 4 player games sitting idle that have balls remaining ASAP, but sometimes we don't get there quick enough unfortunately. We can't stand it either, trust me, LOL.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Houdini is currently earning better than AfMr and Iron Maiden

Doesn't surprise me.... so visual, along with a mysterious theme... It seems like it would just draws people in to play it.

#95 5 years ago

I don't think I've ever walked away from a pin mid game.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like I said, I want to be playing, not stopping and listening to instructions.

Dude that's no lie. Wouldn't shut the hell up.. . Comical after a minute or2.

#98 5 years ago

I walked away from Ghostbusters in my own house.

#99 5 years ago

Cactus Canyon at the PHOF.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I walked away from Ghostbusters in my own house.

Haha so many times. I'd wait a day or 2 and think; "That game couldn't have sucked that bad could it?"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
$ 210.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
Unisex
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-have-you-walked-away-from-with-balls-left-to-plunge/page/2?hl=demonstyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.