Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bronty
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3542 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3541 (resized).JPG
    image-3 (resized).jpg
    image-1 (1) (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5111 (resized).JPG
    ironmad2 (resized).jpg
    gtb_jumpingjack2s (resized).jpg
    Andromeda_playfield.jpg
    Andromeda_backglass.jpg
    image-7.jpg
    mach7.jpg
    IMG_3820.JPG
    image-9.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!k4E1FygYcuTBNbu(BUNJw~~_3.jpg
    image-9.jpg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 13 years ago

I just love the backglass. Probably one of the most "erotic" ones I've seen, and I want to have it! I even considered getting a tattoo of it if I can't find the glass.

image-9.jpgimage-9.jpg

#52 13 years ago

Wow that is a badass backglass! I think this will be a new entry to my top 5 back glasses.

#53 13 years ago

I agree with Embryon, Spectrum, Fathom, and Gemini. I think Paragon is the most overrated artwork in the history of pinball. And I would like to add Genie, Big Game, and Centigrade 37 to the list.

IMG_3820.JPGIMG_3820.JPG mach7.jpgmach7.jpg image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg

3 weeks later
    #54 13 years ago

I just discovered another pin with cool artwork ... Game Plan's Andromeda:

Andromeda_backglass.jpgAndromeda_backglass.jpg Andromeda_playfield.jpgAndromeda_playfield.jpg

#55 13 years ago

hmm For Me Xenon, Strange World, Iron Maiden (Stern) and Strikes and Spares.

I like that Rally one pictured earlier, most impressive. Sexy European ones I like are Fantasy and Miss World.

I have a Fantasy waiting in line to be fixed but it is rough.

#56 13 years ago

I am obsessed with the detail in Fathom's artwork. Also Gottlieb's The Hulk, love the crazy green and purple cabinet and the backglass transforms when lit. And of course Xenon, and AFM.

#57 13 years ago

Gweempose... um... yeah....

#58 13 years ago

gees....Andromeda looks like a lady I met once in NYC

5 years later
    #59 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ultmte_Nghtmre:

I just love the backglass. Probably one of the most "erotic" ones I've seen, and I want to have it! I even considered getting a tattoo of it if I can't find the glass.

I hope no one minds the necro bump but I'd love to hear more opinions about favorite backglasses. I love love love this Viper piece!

I'm relatively new to pinball but so far I really enjoy, besides this viper,

fathom
    paragon
    centaur
    xenon
    lost world
    addams family
    medieval madness
    bride of pinbot

I'm sure there are many others but so far these ones I dig. I'm sure the TAF and MM ones are partly due to the machines as well but the art is great too.

I own some Paul Faris originals but they are video game related (which I collect also) not pinball.

#60 7 years ago

Surprised to find a a very old thread with previous post of mine already on it! Still concur with what i put down before, but now realize that Roy Parker and Gordon Morison both lead gottlieb artists of the 50s, 60s, and 70s really can't be beat. These guys were lightyears ahead of everyone else at the time, and still even in the modern era it really never comes close, even when it is classically illustrated like Ghostbusters. I would kill for an El Dorado, Centigrade 37 or a Buckaroo. Greg freres also really nailed the cartoon pin style with Dr. Dude, Party Zone, Elvira, and Scared Stiff. And it goes without saying, but Whitewater has one of the best all around art and sound design packages from any era.

#61 7 years ago

gtb_jumpingjack2s (resized).jpggtb_jumpingjack2s (resized).jpg

How can you leave Jumping jack out?

#62 7 years ago

Tales from the Crypt, Metallica, Aerosmith, The Hobbit, Wizard of Oz, Dialed In, Paragon, Scared Stiff, Dracula? And tons more.

#63 7 years ago

Bally Voltan...........

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Bally Voltan...........

That's pretty cool, hadn't seen that one before!

#65 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Tales from the Crypt, Metallica, Aerosmith, The Hobbit, Wizard of Oz, Dialed In, Paragon, Scared Stiff, Dracula? And tons more.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do find that spinner thing kinda gets in the way on the scared stuff back glass, but I dig the playfield

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from emo:

Iron Maiden (Stern) .

yes! love it!

[img]http://www.pinrepair.com/bally/ironmad2.jpg[/img]

ironmad2 (resized).jpgironmad2 (resized).jpg

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I really digg George Molentin's work from the 50s
    Realistic yet sometimes dream like

I'm with you on that. I have several of his works of art decorating up the place.

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

image-1 (1) (resized).jpgimage-1 (1) (resized).jpg

image-3 (resized).jpgimage-3 (resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago

IMG_5111 (resized).JPGIMG_5111 (resized).JPG

IMG_3541 (resized).JPGIMG_3541 (resized).JPG

IMG_3542 (resized).JPGIMG_3542 (resized).JPG

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

I hope no one minds the necro bump but I'd love to hear more opinions about favorite backglasses. I love love love this Viper piece!
    I'm relatively new to pinball but so far I really enjoy, besides this viper,
    fathom
    paragon
    centaur
    xenon
    lost world
    addams family
    medieval madness
    bride of pinbot
    I'm sure there are many others but so far these ones I dig. I'm sure the TAF and MM ones are partly due to the machines as well but the art is great too.
    I own some Paul Faris originals but they are video game related (which I collect also) not pinball.

Thanks for the necro bump!

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thanks for the necro bump!

Great stuff guys.

As for the necrobump, great topics deserve to be revisited, no?

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-have-the-best-artwork/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.