Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bronty
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3542 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3541 (resized).JPG
    image-3 (resized).jpg
    image-1 (1) (resized).jpg
    image-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5111 (resized).JPG
    ironmad2 (resized).jpg
    gtb_jumpingjack2s (resized).jpg
    Andromeda_playfield.jpg
    Andromeda_backglass.jpg
    image-7.jpg
    mach7.jpg
    IMG_3820.JPG
    image-9.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!k4E1FygYcuTBNbu(BUNJw~~_3.jpg
    image-9.jpg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 13 years ago

I find myself mesmerized by the Centaur artwork and backglass. What other pins have great art? So far I have seen Medusa, Paragon, and Lost World, but only online. I have yet to see any of these in person.

#2 13 years ago

As a diehard sci-fi person, I simply love the artwork on Embryon:

Embryon_-_Backglass.jpgEmbryon_-_Backglass.jpg Embyon_-_Playfield.jpgEmbyon_-_Playfield.jpg

#3 13 years ago

Have a look for any of the Zaccaria games. Some really detailed artwork everywhere on one of those. I've always considered Farfalla to be one of the most beautiful pinball machines ever made.

#4 13 years ago

Oh yeah, is this one good!

waterworld.jpgwaterworld.jpg

#5 13 years ago

most of john pop's games are great , TOTAN, CV, TOM. I also like the older games like space invaders. late 70's thru 80's had some awesome art

Picture_4.pngPicture_4.png

Damn that embryon art is great...

xenon is good also

#6 13 years ago

Yeah, Space Invaders and Xenon have awesome backglasses.

#7 13 years ago

found this pin for sale on CL and somehow the art just makes me want to get it.
    good thing I have no room - Christian Marche's pointy people love em or hate em

op1.jpgop1.jpg 0p2.jpg0p2.jpg

#8 13 years ago

Wow Embryon is outstanding! Doesn't beat Centaur for me but right behind it. Farfalla has an excellent backglass and very good cabinet art, although the playfield looks just ok for me.

I don't know about Water World art, although I am one of the few people that actually liked the movie.

I forgot about Space Invaders and Xenon. I have actually played both but didn't have fun playing either but did enjoy looking at them.

When I was a kid I was enamored with Comet and Cyclone art. I found myself looking at the machines more so than playing them but like to play them still for nostalgia memories.

The funny thing is the only pinball I own is Street Fighter II which has probably one of the worst artwork. I love it though, very fun to play and I got a good deal on it.

#9 13 years ago

OP-POP-POP is pretty good, I usually don't like the artwork on the older machines but I like the modern art on it.

#10 13 years ago

My favorite (of course) I feel cartoon boobs are ok when pinball art, just not real ones. If Robin asks though I will censor or delete this picture.

Backglass.jpgBackglass.jpg

#11 13 years ago

I found this article, Has some good and Bad with humor thrown in.
    http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9026924

#12 13 years ago

I think he was joking with Waterworld.

#13 13 years ago

That OP-POP-POP pic is the same kind of art as my A-GO-GO Autumnfade. Sure you don't want to drive and come pick it up ?

#14 13 years ago

Paragon

#15 13 years ago

While I do love me some 1970's pin art (Captain Fantastic & Fireball), I'm a sucker for 1980-era solid-states. Not only does the 80's have nostalgic value to me, but a lot of those art pieces really do stand the test of time. The 90's did produce some nice looking machines (Scared Stiff, Theatre of Magic, Cirquis Voltaire, and Monster Bash), but the sheer volume of them in the 80's outweighs them.

Fathom, Centaur, Firepower, High Speed, Earthshaker, Black Knight, Haunted House, or Eight Ball Deluxe. Lots of these have artwork so nice, that they usually end up on T-shirts (Haunted House t-shirts).

#16 13 years ago

Totally agree with ya drbond. The art style on pre 80's pins is good, some amazing and fantastic. But the number of nice looking pins that are SS in the later 70's to 90's is incredible.

#17 13 years ago

I love Paul Farris artwork such as centaur and Paragon.
    Fathom is one of the collest backglass.
    Really enjoy french brand Rally's fliptronic serie.

but I gonna choose an amazing spanish pin: fantasic world

FANTASTIC_WORLD_01ter.jpgFANTASTIC_WORLD_01ter.jpg FANTASTIC_WORLD_04.jpgFANTASTIC_WORLD_04.jpg

#18 13 years ago

Ha Ha Ha @ Sexy Girl! I can't complain about that artwork

Haunted House is great first I have ever even heard of it. The whole pin looks great.

Fathom is another one I have never seen before. I think it is a tie for second place with Embryon for me.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I will keep my eye out for some of these pins. I just hope they are fun to play too.

#19 13 years ago

Fantastic World reminds me of Jules verne. It has such an awesome backglass.

#20 13 years ago

that 'fantastic world ' looks outstanding LorenZ

*BD I wish but I know how wicked those Mid -West winters can be right about now
    -COLD

#21 13 years ago

I have to admit, I really like the looks of that Embryon.

#22 13 years ago

Speaking of Lost World (mentioned above). Anyone here have experiences with playing or repairing one of these?

Comments welcome.

There is a non working one in my area for 400.00. I made an offer to them of 250.00 if still available. Worth more than that if parted out?

#23 13 years ago

space invaders - paragon - silverball mania

#24 13 years ago

TOTAN - CACTUS CANYON

#25 13 years ago

What is a good price for a Space Invaders? There is one here locally for 1500 which I think is way too high. I wish it was a centaur cause then I would be all over it. I played about 30 games on a Space Invaders and got bored but it is a nice looking pin.

#26 13 years ago

LOTR is pretty good

IMG_0268.jpgIMG_0268.jpg IMG_0269.jpgIMG_0269.jpg IMG_0271.jpgIMG_0271.jpg

#27 13 years ago

"LOTR is pretty good ..."

I agree, which is why I am excited they hired the same guy to do the WIZ.

#28 13 years ago

M.B, C.V, AFM & TOTAN do it for mw.

#29 13 years ago

I really digg George Molentin's work from the 50s
    Realistic yet sometimes dream like
    Times Square 1953, Palisades '53, Control Tower '51 just to name a few.

times_square.jpgtimes_square.jpg palisades.jpgpalisades.jpg control_tower.jpgcontrol_tower.jpg

#30 13 years ago

The Times Square looks good.

#31 13 years ago

I think the Water World backglass art beats the new Rolling Stones one by an inch

#32 13 years ago

Oh, hey, happy b-day, Brokedad!
    For you, here's some birthday music

http://www.laughingotter.com/music/Pinball/Claude_King-Beers_And_Pinballs.mp3

#33 13 years ago

The rolling stones artwork is terrible. I have no idea what stern was thinking.

4 weeks later
    #34 13 years ago

I think the older Faris and others art work is considered best by most is because it was completely original and from their own imagination. Some of the newer stuff is okay, but it's based on movies scenes or actor portaits. Nothing original.

Don't forget to add 'Fathom' to the mix. That's a mesmerizing artwork!

Images are from the Complete Bally Fathom Pinball Page
    http://www.pinball.yoo-design.com/index.html

Fath1.jpgFath1.jpg Fath2.jpgFath2.jpg Fath3.jpgFath3.jpg

#35 13 years ago

Tom,mb,totan,

#36 13 years ago

Here is some of my favorite...

image-4.jpgimage-4.jpg image-11.jpgimage-11.jpg

#37 13 years ago

Some more.....

image-2.jpgimage-2.jpg image-3.jpgimage-3.jpg

#38 13 years ago

More.....

image-6.jpgimage-6.jpg image-9.jpgimage-9.jpg

#39 13 years ago

Spirit is so simple yet effective.
    Spectrum reminds of the the posters for logans run and westworld.
    I wonder if Krull is as bad a pinball game as it is a move
    Atarians is awesome, like it alot.
    Airborne Avenger I have seen before but I am pretty sure its pretty rare but even so I heard it is a pretty boring pinball.

Thanks, some new one I haven't seen before, I am gonna look at the playfields and cabinets of them now

#40 13 years ago

Krull was an AWESOME movie and that is a sweet backglass. It is just unfortunate that it was so much cooler when I was 10.

We watched it again recently and it didn't hold up at all. Just goes to show, some movies are better left unwatched.

#41 13 years ago

TOTAN is one of if not the most visually impressive pins of all time in my opinion.

#42 13 years ago

Scared Stiff and Theatre of Magic for playfields and Cirqus Voltaire and T.2 for Backglass...overall champion Cirqus Voltaire,it just jumps out from a line up of pins like no other!

#43 13 years ago

I was going to say Xenon, then Centaur but Fathom is up there also. I really like the art from that era. They all run a distant second to Sexy Girl. I had never seen that one, but it is now my new favorite. I just cannot get it out of my mind.?!

#44 13 years ago

um hello?
    Krull is like the best movie ever. I still watch it every few months.

#45 13 years ago

So... If I light a horse on fire, it will be able to fly?

Let me sum up the movie Krull in a short synopsis.

Flying, flaming horses and a retractable ninja throwing star that is able to control itself and dispense inter-dimensional justice all for the purpose of rescuing a hot chick.

What's not love about this movie? As long as you are 10.

#46 13 years ago

Any movie with Liam Nielsen in it has to be good.

#47 13 years ago

"What's not love about this movie? As long as you are 10. "

I was exactly 10 years old when Krull hit theaters. I guess that's why I have such fond memories of it. It was also one of those movies I watched over and over again on cable.

#48 13 years ago

Oh I loved Krull as a kid. Then I watched it again recently and couldn't understand how 10 yr old Vster loved that movie so much. Most movies from my childhood held up pretty well still, Krull however did not.

#49 13 years ago

oh come on

The Beast, and his army the Slayers, who have travelled and conquered countless worlds in their Black Fortress?
    The Glaive? (which strangely, is only used about the last 15 minutes of the film)
    The Seer?
    The Widow of the Web?
    Firemares?

and do I even have to mention Liam Neeson?

I dont care how old ya are, the plot just oozes awesomeness. LOL

#50 13 years ago

This is cool, in a trippy kinda way!

$(KGrHqJ,!k4E1FygYcuTBNbu(BUNJw~~_3.jpg$(KGrHqJ,!k4E1FygYcuTBNbu(BUNJw~~_3.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-have-the-best-artwork/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.