(Topic ID: 251153)

What pins have irregular scoring like NBA fastbreak?

By SantaEatsCheese

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I found an NBA Fastbreak in a local bowling alley yesterday, and was surprised by it's game shot/score point system as opposed to more traditional point system. Are there any other games out there like this that have irregular scoring?

It plays very differently from most other pins I've played. I cannot decide if I really like it or really hate it.

#3 4 years ago

Stern Nine Ball horseshoe scores:
then jumps to

If you hit the target it scores 10,000. If you shoot through the horseshoe it raises the target value to 20,000, then 30,000, 40,000 and finally 173,000. The goal is to shoot through the horseshoe four times so that the target value becomes 173,000, then hit the target to collect 173,000 points. If you shoot through the horseshoe again, the target resets to 10,000 points

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It plays very differently from most other pins I've played. I cannot decide if I really like it or really hate it.

Let me help you out; it's horrible.

#5 4 years ago

Gilligan's Island - hitting the the island consecutively during Lava Seltzer scores 1M, 2M, 3M, 4M, 5M, 50M

#6 4 years ago

Rocky and Bulwinkle has a mystery bonus that varies; one of which can double your current score!

#7 4 years ago

Paragon-Spell it for an even 28,000 points.

#8 4 years ago

Then you have system 11 games like Police Force where you can steal the high score. That's plain weird! After getting some play time on NBA Fast Break I think the game is ok. It takes a while to get used to the scoring deflation after they put out all those game that had scoring inflation where a replay is a billion points.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from kms_pinball:

Then you have system 11 games like Police Force where you can steal the high score. That's plain weird!

BBBB and BTTF have that too I belive

#10 4 years ago

I think he is talking about games that report different score info:

Gottlieb Pro-Football: The game keeps track of your points and also your football score separately.

TNA: Scores points and also the last digit of your score is the number of reactors each player destroyed for a different goal.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

TNA: Scores points and also the last digit of your score is the number of reactors each player destroyed for a different goal.

ACNC also does similar (to TNA) with the last digit being how many monsters were killed. Neat feature!

#12 4 years ago

Gottlieb Silver Slugger has separate score displays to keep track of the number of runs each player gets and Gottlieb Deadly Weapon uses the same display set-up to keep track of the number of criminals caught.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Gottlieb Pro-Football: The game keeps track of your points and also your football score separately.

How about Data East Monday night football ?

#14 4 years ago

Big Hurt. You can go by score or by Runs. I own Fastbreak and Big Hurt and I keep Fastbreak set for basketball scoring since it is more fun for me and makes sense in the context of the gameplay.

Big Hurt keeps track of both pinball score and runs scored simultaneously, but I choose to ignore the pinball scoring and only pay attention to runs scored. Again, just more fun for me. Whenever I play either game, I play a two player game against myself to see which team wins.

#15 4 years ago

NBAFB is excellent, especially considering the value. I miss owning one.

#16 4 years ago

Willams Space Shuttle during mulitball. The "Jackpots"

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

NBAFB is excellent, especially considering the value. I miss owning one.

Yup, this is the 2nd one I've owned and it's a keeper. Pinball games that have cool ball tricks and shots are so fun.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Big Hurt. You can go by score or by Runs. I own Fastbreak and Big Hurt and I keep Fastbreak set for basketball scoring since it is more fun for me and makes sense in the context of the gameplay.
Big Hurt keeps track of both pinball score and runs scored simultaneously, but I choose to ignore the pinball scoring and only pay attention to runs scored. Again, just more fun for me. Whenever I play either game, I play a two player game against myself to see which team wins.

can nba fastbreak be set to normal scoring? ie not the baskets.

#19 4 years ago

Racking up diamonds in Congo

#20 4 years ago

I love Fastbreak. Solid theme integration and a decent fan layout. I think people who are bad at pinball like the score deflation. Doesn't sting as much to lose 25 pts vs 100 pts compared to like 300m vs 2b on an AFM

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

can nba fastbreak be set to normal scoring? ie not the baskets.

Yes, it's in the settings.

#22 4 years ago

Whoops, almost forget Williams Slugfest, which tracks runs and points.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes, it's in the settings.

Oh really iv looked a couple times never found them. Will take another look!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Oh really iv looked a couple times never found them. Will take another look!

It's under the Adjustment Menu - Feature Adjustments - 24. Pinball Scores, set to Yes.

If you don't have that option, maybe you're running an older ROM that doesn't have it?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

How about Data East Monday night football ?

Monday Night Football scores both points AND touchdowns/field goals and such. It’s a great game. The unusual scoring actually makes it extremely fun and tireless in my opinion, I’ve put a lot of games on it and still enjoy trying to get 8 field goal loops in a row for the “wizard mode”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-have-irregular-scoring-like-nba-fastbreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.