Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinkid
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sherlock-holmes-basil-rathbone-1892-1967-english-actor-6192721.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    F109AEC0-190E-4892-8D88-277A258739D3.gif
    hfdxh (resized).jpg
    large (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

TSPP (somewhere close to home)

There's over a dozen for sale in the northeast right now

#43 5 years ago

At the top of my list right now in the northeast:

Data East Star Wars
    A Bally 6803 game
    Laser War
    Robocop
    Dirty Harry
    Apollo 13

I'm not really looking for top dollar examples. Projects are fine. I'd also be interested in a EBD if one came along for the right price.

A friend also asked me to keep an eye out for a nice Cowpoke.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

What’s the point of this thread? Seems like moderators should close it down.....bypassing the market. Gotta love ASOA the spammer.

It's a discussion thread. There's nothing wrong with it.

It's fun to have threads like this every once in a while. Maybe one person has a game they were debating on selling, but didn't really feel like listing it--and then saw someone post that they were interested in that title. That might help two people out in the community.

I have a few titles I'm wavering on, but wouldn't necessarily go through the trouble yet of making an ad for them. But if someone mentioned they were specifically looking for it, I might connect up with them.

I've also seen a couple times where people have worked out 3 and 4-way trades to get games to people who were looking for them. I think there may have also been a 5-way trade once.

If Pinside then helps facilitate a sale/trade without an actual ad, I know several people who just throw a few bucks towards the site as a donation. Some people are generous like that. Also, if the other person you're working with doesn't have a red heart, you can give them one by donating in their name.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

If someone wants to bypass the market all they have to do is say it sold somewhere else. I would not do that however I know it happens all the time. I see nothing wrong with this thread and it's no different then the regional for sale threads.

Yes, it's basically on the honor system. Folks list games in multiple places, so they don't always sell as the result of being listed on Pinside--I do the same thing.

However, we do address that issue from time to time with habitual abusers of the system, and their marketplace privileges can be revoked if it continues to be a repeat problem with a particular individual.

Donations and marketplace fees help keep the site up and running. So, for the hours and hours most people spend visiting the site every week (or month, or even every day), or for a completed game sale, a couple bucks isn't a whole lot to ask.

Anyway, who else has something they are looking for?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-are-you-looking-for?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.