Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0321 (resized).JPG
LGMB Lighting Mod Kimball's (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paul_from_Gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Which pinball tables are most improved from factory conditions with mods and/or adjustments?
I got the idea after playing my Judge Dredd table and I remember thinking it was an ok game when I got it 3 years ago.
However, after adding Color DMD, Pinsound with a custom soundtrack, OCD LED and GI OCD boards that have improved the lighting 1000%, the deadworld mod, a couple of spotlights on the playfield, all LED playfield and GI lights and some under-cab lights the whole game has changed completely and I find it so amazing! Of course it helped that the overall code and shots were good.
Also, it helped that I cleaned the entire table, added new balls and put it at proper level.
Does anyone have tables that have improved drastically with mods and/or adjustments?

I've installed dozens of mods over the years, including the Deadworld mod in Judge Dredd, the Bill Ung mods in AFM, Martian Eyes in AFM, Robby the Robot (with LEDs tied into gameplay) in TZ, etc. I'd classify most of that as "eye candy" compared to mods like ColorDMD displays, Flipper Fidelity/Pinball Pro upgrades, non-reflective glass, and LED-OCD. In my opinion, those mods take games to the next level (and yes, some of those mods are pricey).

So, in response to your question, where do these mods have the biggest impact? ColorDMD is always a nice upgrade, but I've discovered there are certain games where ColorDMD colorization is stunning. So far, my favorite ColorDMD colorizations are The Shadow and Indiana Jones. Similarly, speaker upgrades are always good, but the results are stellar in certain games. Flipper Fidelity speakers in TOTAN blew me away. Pinball Pro speakers in MB are great too. Perhaps speaker upgrades are good in most games and great in later games (WPC-95 and beyond). Finally, in my experience, non-reflective glass and LED-OCD are great in any game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 85.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paul_from_Gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-are-most-improved-with-mods?tu=Paul_from_Gilroy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.