Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.56.55 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.57.34 PM (resized).png
B9B84C1E-C9E9-4B1A-95EA-E16965688F80 (resized).jpeg
458C795D-11D4-4032-96C2-52718819B989 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 1.34.05 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.57.08 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.06.55 AM (resized).png
FCDB21EA-948E-431D-BF19-AC70CC9A1B8B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Speaker lights animated LCD and a flashy topper always increases visibility. More visible = More Money.

I have never found this to be true. In fact, I have never seen any add-on be worth the extra cost.

Invest in LEDs if you want to do something for visability, but toppers and bright flashy lights on speakers seem to do little IME.

Everything else is pretty spot on.

I always encourage people to provide a minimum of 4 games and make sure you have a variety.
1 Modern, 1 classic DMD, 1 Classic solidstate, and 1 EM
Prices these across the spectrum.
Dont worry about catering to collectors as they already have access to the games. Cater to the players and the casuals.

1 month later
#42 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Star Wars has been outstanding the entire time, even though a lot of the regulars ignore it. (Also, only game priced at $1).
Ghostbusters was probably the best earning game I've ever had.
Deadpool is off to an extremely strong start...consistently well above average with no drop-off since the end of the first month honeymoon period.
Wizard of Oz is consistently way above average, no matter where I put it.
Game on Thrones started out great for the first six months. Then was average for seven months. Then had a 15 month streak way above average. Yes...it magically became a better earner. Then back to average. The bracket on the sword mech broke after about 10,000 plays. Not sure I had to do anything else other than a flipper rebuild and a few rubbers.
Twilight Zone was great until it started going crazy on me.
Addams Family has been in the same spot for four years, and is still consistently above average (even at 50 cents where modern sterns are 75).
Iron Maiden dropped down to a completely average earner after the first two months.
Metallica had a great run, but eventually dropped off. And is very location dependent. I think this was being propped up by a few regulars in one location. Nothing ever goes wrong with it though.
Stern Indiana Jones has been consistently average, and often a little above average. I consider it a great earner given that it's a terrible game to play, but players with novice skills love it for the 8 ball multiball.
Dialed In pretty much bombed, especially given the price. At 75 cents, Dialed In consistently earned the equivalent of a $3k Bally/Williams priced at 50 cents.
South Park bombed at one location, and became the top earner when moved to a different venue.
Fish Tales, Congo, Wheel of Fortune, and World Cup Soccer have all been consistently in the bottom half/quarter...but never bad enough to get kicked out of a lineup.
Also, my 25 cent games consistently get the most plays at every collection (Prospector, Old Chicago, Paragon). If ROI is important, you can't go wrong. I never have to do anything to those games (except once in a while a 40-50 year old piece of metal will break).

It never ceases to amaze me how some games differ so widely form location to location and region to region.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This one surprises me. I would have thought AC/DC would do very well with pinheads and non-pinheads alike.

One of the shorter lived pins we ever had on route.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So why do you think the game is so popular and yet such a poor earner?

I don't think it is popular for any reason beyond theme. With collectors they will keep a game forever just because of theme and it had a bunch of hype so people liked the cool factor. IMHO is was super overhyped.

On route, you play it a few times, get tired of "oye. Oye. Oye" and find the code pretty boring combine with that cannon blocking the left outlane which makes you feel cheated.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't think it's one of Stern's best selling games of all time based solely on the theme. The theme and music certainly help, but it also has a solid layout and a great ruleset.

I think at the time it came out, it stood out for many collectors and was uber over hyped. In the current world, it has taken a steep drop on the secondary for good reason. On route i have heard from many that it did not do as well as expected. Like i said, it did not last long here.

#73 5 years ago

Will get to see how these compare.

458C795D-11D4-4032-96C2-52718819B989 (resized).jpeg458C795D-11D4-4032-96C2-52718819B989 (resized).jpegB9B84C1E-C9E9-4B1A-95EA-E16965688F80 (resized).jpegB9B84C1E-C9E9-4B1A-95EA-E16965688F80 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Will get to see how these compare.
[quoted image][quoted image]

MUN and Beatles both doing fine so far.

Just the minor expected issues out of the box and both getting played a similar amount.
Will be interesting to see if they hold steady and which drops first.

Granted Beatles really would need to earn at about 1.4x of Munsters in order to make sense in the long run

Luckily we do this for fun and the love of pinball as much as anything

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-are-earning-well-right-now?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.