Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.56.55 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.57.34 PM (resized).png
B9B84C1E-C9E9-4B1A-95EA-E16965688F80 (resized).jpeg
458C795D-11D4-4032-96C2-52718819B989 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 1.34.05 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.57.08 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.06.55 AM (resized).png
FCDB21EA-948E-431D-BF19-AC70CC9A1B8B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider v8haha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Wondering what are some of the strong earners are right now.

How’s Maiden and dead pool earning?

Are the new games more reliable then some of the older titles?

Looking to add some pins to a route.

Thanks

#4 5 years ago

Thanks guys.

I just wonder if you cater towards pin heads or try to get games that have an appeal to the masses.

Iron Maiden for instance is loved by pinball players but i don’t see a random person off the street pumping quarters into a Maiden... Star Wars i could see the opposite happening

1 month later
#13 5 years ago

Thanks guys for the feedback! Please keep it coming!

Always good to know what is doing well and what isn’t!

Really helps when buying the next game

10 months later
#93 4 years ago

Great info guys

I added another location
7 pins
1 big buck hunter Hd

I’ll list the top earners
1. Monster Bash LE
2. Big buck hunter ( VG)
3. GOTG
4. TMNT
5. Star Wars pro
6. Dead pool
7. JP pro
8. Bay watch

Thinking i want to pick up a stranger things but i feel like AFM LE would be a better choice.

#94 4 years ago

Also another good question for people. At what point do multiple pinball machines start having diminished returns.

We all know they compliment each other and having 5 will earn better per machine then having 2.

But at what point do they start to cannibalize each other?

Will the players that show up for 20 machines still be there if you only had 10?

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

How is JP doing on location for you guys?

Surprisingly slow although price is $1-1 or $2-3 and most other games are 50cents

However that doesn’t stop people from playing monster bash at $1–1

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Here is a 6 month audit on games at Tilted Arcade Bar
$1.00 games
ACDC-1930
GOT-2594
Iron Maiden-2045
TWD-2009
Spiderman-1316 (on location for 3 months)
Avengers-1930
Aerosmith-1648
Deadpool-2828
Munsters-2506
Star Wars-2064
Ghostbusters-2651
.50 Games
Nascar-1142
Monopoly-1474
RBION-891 (4 months location)
BBH-2064
STTNG-2981
Taxi-2068
HD-2392
Jurassic Park DE-4058
Hook- 2500
LW3-2300
Big Guns-1921
The Simpsons DE-3620
Playboy Stern-2123
Flintstones 1149 (4 months location)
Slugfest 2954
57,178 games played in 6 months.

Thank you for sharing! That’s very helpful

1 month later
#128 4 years ago

I will say Stranger things is doing well but monster bash LE is by far the top earner.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Here are my top 5 for 2019 for totals
1. Deadpool
2. Monster Bash
3. Ghostbusters
4. Medieval Madness
5. Black Knight SOR
To make it fair since not all games were there all year this is top 5 via avg weekly earnings
1. Star Wars Comic Prem
2. JP pro
3. Road Show
4. AC/DC Prem
5. Black Knight SOR

Surprising to see ghostbusters over medieval madness

Good to know!

8 months later
#131 3 years ago

Monster bash is still doing well however TMNT LE took the first spot last month.

Just put a MM on route excited to see how it does.

How’s AFM do for everyone? That’s next on my list.

I also added a Star Trek pro. Which is out earning most of the newer sterns.

Does South Park really do that well? I’m interested in picking one up if the rumors are true.

1 week later
#140 3 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Guns N Rose's. Get one now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this doing well for you or just a guess?

Standard or LE?

I’d be curious to know. I’ve got an AFM LE on my list next

2 months later
#141 3 years ago

Update

I have a MM royal and AFM LE i put on location at the same time. AFM is ok but MM is doing 3 times what any other game in the line up is bringing in.

Just pulled JP it’s never been a good earner. Iron Maiden pro will be replacing it. Not expecting maiden to do any better but i enjoy it a lot more.

How’s guns and roses doing? I’m interested in picking up a SE I’ve heard of to many problems with the LE on location. To much to go wrong.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

There was a big regional roller hockey tournament at my location this past weekend. Between my 10 pins and my Super Chexx I wonder how many pins will have to be combined to get to the total in Super Chexx. That is, assuming SC didn’t go down and nobody reached out. I have labels with contact info on most of the games, but have never had a stranger reach out.

How reliable are the super Chex? Also do you find they earn well? Outside of having a tournament?

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Blue line is the game. Red line is an average machine at that same location.
[quoted image]
Maiden (above) was great initially and dropped pretty quickly.
[quoted image]
JP (above) had a slightly weaker start, but more consistently above average in the long term.

Wow very cool! Love the statistics. Your location definitely has more experienced players then my customer base. JP was fun I’m sure maiden won’t be an improvement but I’ll put more time on it at least. I’m a sucker for a maiden pro it’s #1 for me!

#150 3 years ago

Are you running an SE or LE? Also it’s doing better then your average new pin? What -% would you say it’s up over a normal new game for your location.

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’ve only had it for 4-5 months or so. It’s probably still in the honeymoon phase, but that’s lasted longer than pins normally do. My location shut down from Dec 23- Jan 4th or so. So the early collections this year were expectedly low. Couple that with Covid being in play the whole time I’ve owned it and who knows how it will be doing in a year.
However, if it was a pin, it would likely be my number one earner. It was 5th compared to my pins last year and I’d only had it almost 4 months by the time the year was over. If that was 12 months, it might have been number one.
Hockey is a big part of the rink, but Saturdays are soccer all day. When I have my pinball league, which is one Saturday a month, I will see soccer parents and kids playing bubble hockey, which wasn’t what I was expecting.
Mine is used and from the serial number was made in 2000. I did have some parts to replace, the puck, one gearbox, the red lenses on the scoreboard, and after discovering a poor repair on the ice surface, a new one of those too. They are fairly simple designs and once cleaned and all fixed up should be pretty low maintenance for a while. I make sure to play a practice game when I’m there just to see that everything is working as it should.
I’m happy with the purchase. Based on ROI it should pay for itself before 2021 is over. That would obviously vary by location. It’s not crushing it, but is something I have wanted since I was a kid and if it can supplement pinball buying with its coin drop that works too.
Once covid is over I want to try a quarterly tournament to try to get some additional interest going.

Very cool i have a location interested in one once COVID is over so that’s super helpful! Thank you

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Results from the latest roller hockey tournament:
Super Chexx
Ghostbuster/Metallica (tied)
Dolly Parton
Iron Maiden
High Speed
Old Chicago
Funhouse
Future Spa ($3 wah wah)
Taxi broke a kickout bracket a few days before and was off. Stars had an issue with the coin door pop up and wasn’t taking coins, so counting that as effectively being off. Fixed Stars yesterday and Taxi parts arrive any day.

Dolly Parton ?!?!

I would have never guessed! Haha

1 week later
#161 3 years ago

How’s avengers earning right now?

Are you routing a pro or premium?

#162 3 years ago

Looking for a little advice from anyone running newer arcade

Have a new family arcade going into a resort.

Looking for a shooter
Jurassic park sit down raw thrills
Rabbids Hollywood 4 person
Halo sit down shooter
Tomb raider 4 person

Anyone have a recommendation on which one is earning well.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I thought about getting one of those big box shooter games, but figured I could fit a couple smaller ones instead. Like aliens Armageddon and/or buck hunter.
Replay magazine said that the jurassic park one was the best earning game out of all the shooters. Based on a poll given to various operators on different genres.
I went to a few family fun centers and tried out that tomb raider game.... I'm not sure what the appeal is besides redemption, because the game play is terrible.

I thought game play was ok. The bright side was a 4 player light gun shooter. I think having a 4 player game would help.

#169 3 years ago

Anyone seeing an increase on stranger things? Seems like mine has become more popular recently. Understandable the new code has made this game a blast!

3 weeks later
#170 3 years ago

Anyone using a prepaid card system in their arcade? I’m looking to pick up a system and looking for recommendations

2 months later
#178 2 years ago

Would love to see this thread pick up steam again.

AIQ premium is doing poorly for me right now. Gave South Park a try and it’s doing well.

Stranger things has become really strong!

Mando should be here on Wednesday it’s going in the best slot at the location so we will see how it earns

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

52 pin collection of all eras. Game, percentage of total collection in $$, price per game:
Top 10
Led Zeppelin 6.1% $1.00
Rick & Morty 5.1% $1.00
Avengers IQ 4.5% $1.00
Attack from Mars 4.3% $0.75
Jurassic Park 3.9% $1.00
Star Trek 3.5% $1.00
Munsters 3.1% $1.00
Total Nuclear Annihilation 3.1% $0.75
Twilight Zone 3.1% $0.50
Medieval Madness 3.0% $0.75
Top solid state:
Hercules 2.7% $0.75
Top EM:
Captain Fantastic 1.0% $0.25

Ryan are you running the led zep pro or premium?

2 weeks later
#185 2 years ago

Alright here’s my line up.

Tmnt LE
Tmnt data east
South Park
Iron Maiden pro
Afm LE
Monster bash LE
MM Royal
Mando pro
Avengers premium AIQ
Strange science
Rocky bull winkle.
Stranger things pro

Ok
Strange science
Avengers AIQ
Rocky bull winkle

Are all on the chopping block. I
Like to keep things fresh and make sure i rotate out an older game once every 2 months.

Stern play boy
Austin powers
T3

Are all on my list. Any suggestions which one to avoid or pursue? I understand none of these will be a home run.
Thanks

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I currently have only 3 games out- Ghostbusters pro, Stranger Things pro and Mandalorian pro. All 3 earning great. These are also the Top 3 games Ive had in a few years of having games on location
I’d get a Ghostbusters pro and switch out one of your lower earning games - another good option would be Deadpool pro

Your probably right ghostbusters would be a good addition… however i hate that game with a passion! Haha

1 week later
#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Hmm maybe a Spirit of 76 would be good then, since it has those 2 sets of 4 drops. Just spitballing ideas, I would like to dip my toes in operating. I also ended up with Jumping Jack and Air Aces, 2 games with large center drop target banks, out of pure coincidence lol. Maybe Ill try seeing if any place would be interested in those.

If your serious about making this work I’d put my best foot forward and route something brand new. Less likely to break will make you and the location more money and impress the location to help your growth moving forward.

ROI might be smaller but your doing what’s best for your business

#197 2 years ago

Anyone have luck running stern Simpsons?

#201 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

From my previous route before it died a Covid death, highest to lowest:
Theatre of Magic
The Shadow
Star Trek Pro
The Walking Dead
Whirlwind
Genie (.25 play)
Bally Atlantis
BSD
Target Alpha (.25 play)
Sorcerer
Some of these were on route less time than the others (Atlantis, BSD, Target Alpha, Sorcerer were all short-lived).
All were .50 a play except the ones noted at .25/per.
ToM is a killer and I just rebought it in search of a new route.
Genie and Target Alpha were constantly played at a quarter. Genie paid itself off in under five months.
I would highly recommend checking pinballmap and looking for desirable games that are not on route near you and targeting those games specifically.

It breaks my heart to see BSD wasn’t earning although like you stated not sure how long it was on route. Absolutely love that game!

Picking up a new bubble hockey today hoping that does well!

1 month later
#212 2 years ago

Have a Led Zep pro on the way.

I was surprised to hear it was earning well. Hope it’s still doing well for everyone.

2 weeks later
#213 2 years ago

Led zep is in the line up. To early to tell. Fun game i like it a lot better then i thought i would.

Also picked up an Austin powers that’s going to need some work. I’m going to go through the whole thing ordered a lot of parts hoping people will want to play it!

1 week later
#216 2 years ago

Led zep couldn’t take down stranger things however it was 2nd.

Anyone route a P3? It seems that it could be something different that people want to try. I know i can never find one on location to play. I’ve tossed around the idea for the last year but really want to try it first or have someone else who routes them give me their opinion. Seems that it may be a lot to maintain.

However you may be able to charge a premium for play. Maybe $2 a play?

9 months later
#235 1 year ago

Anyone here know where to get 12v from older Bally Williams DMD games?

Putting a card system on some of my older DMDs

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switching power supply plugged into the service outlet.
LTG : )

Yea i have a couple of those plugs but was hoping I’d be able to find something close to the coin door to tap into. Sounds good thanks

#244 1 year ago

I have a lot of extra bill acceptors for sale 12v and 110v most are 1s-20s if anyone is looking to pick some up.

7 months later
#274 1 year ago

Anyone route an American pinball game?

I’ve ran most everything but America. Thinking about going with GTF but not sure how reliable they are.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

Looking forward to hearing how this deluge of new titles does in a commercial setting.
Operators who buy NIB: what is your risk tolerance for younger companies?
Are there companies you won't purchase for routes?
Are any operators NOT buying current Stern games and focusing on other companies?

I don’t want to throw shade so i won’t…

I have full faith in stern and CGC they know what they’re doing. I would recommend purchasing with Confidence. Stern may have some adjustments that need to be made no excuse if you ask me but you will get it dialed in.

Waiting for some input on American.

#282 1 year ago

Ok I’m a little confused. Normally stern releases pros all at once. Operators across the country get theirs within a few days of each other. Great seems fair.

What the heck is going on? Stern is sending foo fighters across the country to random distributors and their making their way to
Locations. I don’t believe I’ll get my pro for 2 weeks that means we’re missing a big part of the honeymoon stage and costing us a significant amount of money. What’s up with this what’s their agenda here? Makes zero sense to me all they’re doing is upsetting their loyal customers.

Stock pile games and ship to all your operators within 1 week. Don’t cherry pick your favorites.

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Stockpile 1000 pinball machines? I don't really know too much about their operation but I assume they really can't go more than a few days without shipping without running out of space. Or why they would want to. Would also be a mess with the logistics company.

They have done it every single time without issue. It’s also not 1,000 games probably closer to 200 on the first run of pros.

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

My understanding is they sent a small amount to dealers to place in their show rooms. There are some distributors that also have a location and that's what we are seeing. I think?
The first batch of operator pros are suppose to ship out in the next week-10 days I believe.

Yea they have not done this in the past. I don’t get the play… how is this beneficial to stern? This does not help any operators

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider v8haha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-are-earning-well-right-now?tu=v8haha and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.