Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.56.55 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.57.34 PM (resized).png
B9B84C1E-C9E9-4B1A-95EA-E16965688F80 (resized).jpeg
458C795D-11D4-4032-96C2-52718819B989 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 1.34.05 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.57.08 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.06.55 AM (resized).png
FCDB21EA-948E-431D-BF19-AC70CC9A1B8B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Not route, but your assumption sounds accurate: the last time someone had one at our local show, it needed a lot of attention. Maybe it's improved since then, but it didn't seem up to commercial operation to me.

Weird Al seems to continue the streak.

7 months later
#267 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

And I am glad I am still with CGC. For my arcade, I know they are the wave of the future. Tech support is light and they make a quality product.

Totally agree. But not being able to get pins out the door is really hampering their penetration...Cactus Canyon LE delays are ridiculous.

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The only two Americans I've seen on location (one Houdini, one Hot Wheels) both had very weak and mushy flippers. Hot Wheels also had dead RPM targets and lights - seemed like a node board was out (if American uses those.) No idea if these were outliers or typical.

You need to have active cooling for the flippers on AP machines. They're using PROC3 and the coils get hot pretty quickly. Once they're cooled, they're fine. Of course, this doesn't help you on location, but that's the answer.

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Running the bulk of the Pros after the LEs and the Premiums means their higher markup games ship first, encouraging people to pay more to get it sooner is the answer to that I'm sure.

Home Pros FIVE MONTHS after the Prems and LEs instead of right after is Stern's new play, debuted with Bond to encourage home users to buy a Prem or LE so they don't have to wait 5 months or more for their Pro. Putting a huge gap AFTER the LE/Prem run before running the home pros is new. Naked money grab to push home users into the much more profitable Prem and LE tier. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pros eventually become location only and they just stop making them direct for home. It's the slimmest profit margin by a LOT now that the Prem and LE margins have been fattened.

1 week later
#298 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well godfather is a complete dud so far. Everyone walks past it on their way to foo. Anyone having better luck with GF?

Time to move it to another location. Sounds like it's just not vibing with that location's crowd.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I'm trying to get more dollar bill acceptors on my pins. I had a 12v DBA that worked on Dialed In but I can't get it to work on GnR. Also, I'm curious what people use for WPC games, R&M and TNA. I've figured out Stern Spike and Sam systems.

MEI/Mars 110/120v bill acceptor with a 300 bill stacker. $1 ones that aren't reprogrammable are cheap ($100-$125 used) and fine, but if you spring for the ones that are reprogrammable and can take $1,$5,$10,$20 you can make $5 an option and you'll be surprised how many $5s you'll find in the mix when you collect. 12v acceptors are the most expensive because you rarely see them used for cheap.

3 weeks later
#306 12 months ago

The newer MEI/Mars units (anything made in the last 15 years or so) or if it's a little older but has "MARS Flash Port" on the serial number label. But you need a programmer also to do it also (acceptors + reprogramming module to program unlimited acceptors). It doesn't make it so it takes bills it wasn't originally designed to take (a $1 acceptor can't be made into a $1, $5, $20 acceptor AFAIK), but it will let you update the acceptor when they come out with new bill designs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-are-earning-well-right-now?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.