Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.56.55 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.57.34 PM (resized).png
B9B84C1E-C9E9-4B1A-95EA-E16965688F80 (resized).jpeg
458C795D-11D4-4032-96C2-52718819B989 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 1.34.05 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.57.08 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.06.55 AM (resized).png
FCDB21EA-948E-431D-BF19-AC70CC9A1B8B (resized).jpeg
There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 1 year ago

OK, glad it isnt just me. hope they fix it. not sure which stat is right.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

last few days the insider connected daily play counts for the location (pro) does not match the totals of the games at this location. anyone else seeing this?
Also...is there a good thread for operators? it seems disjointed with no active thread for current operators.

Yes, I am seeing this too.

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

OK, glad it isnt just me. hope they fix it. not sure which stat is right.

Same here, I believe the quick stat on daily plays is the correct one.

#254 1 year ago

Luckily my system 3s don’t have that issue

Sad that Shaq and Hollywood Heat continually out earn Fish Tales... what is wrong with my players?

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Sad that Shaq and Hollywood Heat continually out earn Fish Tales... what is wrong with my players?

ha ha. that's crazy. no pinheads playing there obviously.

#256 1 year ago

I picked up a buck hunter reloaded. It's out earned every single pin Ive ever had. Highly recommend getting one if you have a route location. Absolutely kills it.

#257 1 year ago

100% agree on Buckhunter. I have had 4 pins and a Buckhunter in a brewery/pub/bowling alley since June. Buckhunter has out earned every week except once. The Buckhunter is the CRT standup version, and was 1/3 of the cost of the pins. Stranger Things pro has been the best pin, and during the run of the last season was averaging $25/day. Let’s hope come March Mando sees a bump.

4 weeks later
#258 1 year ago

Anyone know how to set a stern SAM game (Rollercoaster Tycoon) on location to $1 a play? When I scroll through standard adjustments menu, the only US pricing options are 50c a play or similar. Has to be an easy way to have it $1. Thanks!

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Anyone know how to set a stern SAM game

First problem is it's before SAM. It's Whitestar.

No idea on $1 play.

LTG : )

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Anyone know how to set a stern SAM game (Rollercoaster Tycoon) on location to $1 a play? When I scroll through standard adjustments menu, the only US pricing options are 50c a play or similar. Has to be an easy way to have it $1. Thanks!

There is setting in the menu to build custom pricing. I won’t lie….it’s an absolute pain in the ass.

I had to redo a sopranos over the summer and set it at 1-$1 7-$5 and I honestly couldn’t tell you exactly how it’s done.

Doing a flat $1 and not doing a price break will be easier for you, that’s for sure.

If you’ve muddled though setting up SAM custom pricing, whitestar will give you that extra challenge and then some.

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

There is setting in the menu to build custom pricing. I won’t lie….it’s an absolute pain in the ass.
I had to redo a sopranos over the summer and set it at 1-$1 7-$5 and I honestly couldn’t tell you exactly how it’s done.
Doing a flat $1 and not doing a price break will be easier for you, that’s for sure.
If you’ve muddled though setting up SAM custom pricing, whitestar will give you that extra challenge and then some.

Ahhh, yes, white star indeed. At least I know it can be done. Challenge accepted. Thanks guys!

#262 1 year ago

Hey guys! New to routing and have some games at one location!

My best earner and lowest maintenance game so far is my Data East Simpsons.
This is usually followed by spiderman or southpark earning wise!

I'm pretty new to repairs and such, are there any other decent theme games that are relatively simple to upkeep? I had a doctor who that I ended up selling because I feared the mini playfield going down.

#263 1 year ago

Acdc, fish tales and South Park

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from daytonspink:

Acdc, fish tales and South Park

I'll look into them! Thank you. South park I've had for a month and it's been killing it. I'll try saving up for an ACDC or fish tales. I passed on a fish tales because I heard of a router having insane issues with the multiball water wheel. But all games will eventually have problems!

#265 1 year ago

Looking forward to hearing how this deluge of new titles does in a commercial setting.

Operators who buy NIB: what is your risk tolerance for younger companies?
Are there companies you won't purchase for routes?
Are any operators NOT buying current Stern games and focusing on other companies?

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

Looking forward to hearing how this deluge of new titles does in a commercial setting.

Are any operators NOT buying current Stern games and focusing on other companies?

Interesting post.

First the title of this thread what pins are earning well right now. What earns in one location might not in another. Even in the same town or even right across the street.

Back to me. In the video game fad days, I stayed away from new companies. You didn't know if they'd be around later for help or parts.

I'm not buying NIB right now. I did in the past. And may again in the future. Just don't have that income level going on. Not doing tech support for jjp anymore, those jjp games at some point might be traded or sold. Fact in point I traded my jjp POTC for a GF CE, and Hobbit isn't going anywhere.

I don't have any current Stern Spike 1 or Spike 2 games. I'm a little concerned with the reported node board issues here, not covered under warranty, and not always available. Though I'd probably risk it if a Godzilla premium deal came along.

And I am glad I am still with CGC. For my arcade, I know they are the wave of the future. Tech support is light and they make a quality product.

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

And I am glad I am still with CGC. For my arcade, I know they are the wave of the future. Tech support is light and they make a quality product.

Totally agree. But not being able to get pins out the door is really hampering their penetration...Cactus Canyon LE delays are ridiculous.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But not being able to get pins out the door is really hampering their penetration.

And I believe they are working hard on that issue.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Cactus Canyon LE delays are ridiculous.

That is why.

They want better too. Won't happen over night. I believe it will.

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Under custom pricing I typically set “left coin” to 1 pulse, “center coin” to 4 pulses, “right coin” to 1 pulse and “pulse:credit” to 4. This works on all my machines. Good luck!

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't have any current Stern Spike 1 or Spike 2 games. I'm a little concerned with the reported node board issues here, not covered under warranty, and not always available.

Do you have the same reservations about the SAM titles?

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from RetroRambler:

Do you have the same reservations about the SAM titles?

No. TWD pro here and AC/DC Luci vault here.

#272 1 year ago
Quoted from sidetrackedbrew:

Under custom pricing I typically set “left coin” to 1 pulse, “center coin” to 4 pulses, “right coin” to 1 pulse and “pulse:credit” to 4. This works on all my machines. Good luck!

Will try this tomorrow. Many thank for that response!

#273 1 year ago

Top Earners for Silverball Subs in Asheville NC :

Star Wars Pro Comic (1/1 2/3)
Stranger Things Pro (1/1 2/3)
Last Action Hero (.50/1)
Iron Maiden (1/1 2/3)

#274 1 year ago

Anyone route an American pinball game?

I’ve ran most everything but America. Thinking about going with GTF but not sure how reliable they are.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

I don’t want to throw shade so i won’t…

I have full faith in stern and CGC they know what they’re doing. I would recommend purchasing with Confidence. Stern may have some adjustments that need to be made no excuse if you ask me but you will get it dialed in.

Waiting for some input on American.

#276 1 year ago

The only two Americans I've seen on location (one Houdini, one Hot Wheels) both had very weak and mushy flippers. Hot Wheels also had dead RPM targets and lights - seemed like a node board was out (if American uses those.) No idea if these were outliers or typical.

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The only two Americans I've seen on location (one Houdini, one Hot Wheels) both had very weak and mushy flippers. Hot Wheels also had dead RPM targets and lights - seemed like a node board was out (if American uses those.) No idea if these were outliers or typical.

You need to have active cooling for the flippers on AP machines. They're using PROC3 and the coils get hot pretty quickly. Once they're cooled, they're fine. Of course, this doesn't help you on location, but that's the answer.

#278 1 year ago

Stranger things Pro is punching far above its weight class at a brewery with 12 pins with a few premiums mixed in (GZ, LZ, SW, Alien LE). 007 is not doing well after its initial new car smell wore off.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Will try this tomorrow. Many thank for that response!

100% worked. Very much appreciated!

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Stranger things Pro is punching far above its weight class at a brewery with 12 pins with a few premiums mixed in (GZ, LZ, SW, Alien LE). 007 is not doing well after its initial new car smell wore off.

STH pro is the best performing game we have ever seen. Bond is staying decent with casuals but dropped off a cliff on plays with serious players because the code is a complete joke at this time.

I don't blame them either, Bond went on route in November and hasn't improved since. It will be hard to win back players at this point with that game.

#281 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I think the physical layout there probably matters some. Stranger Things is right up front as the first thing people see when they walk in (and also right next to the change machine.) Bond is kinda buried on the far side where it gets less attention.

I also venture a guess in general that Stern's choice of translite graphics was really dumb. "Dr. NO" in a gadzillion-point font isn't going to excite anyone about a sixty-year old movie. They really should have used the 60th anniversary translite for the wider distribution of the Pro, or at least something cool and classy and metallic that actually says James Bond or 007.

#282 1 year ago

Ok I’m a little confused. Normally stern releases pros all at once. Operators across the country get theirs within a few days of each other. Great seems fair.

What the heck is going on? Stern is sending foo fighters across the country to random distributors and their making their way to
Locations. I don’t believe I’ll get my pro for 2 weeks that means we’re missing a big part of the honeymoon stage and costing us a significant amount of money. What’s up with this what’s their agenda here? Makes zero sense to me all they’re doing is upsetting their loyal customers.

Stock pile games and ship to all your operators within 1 week. Don’t cherry pick your favorites.

#283 1 year ago

Deadpool, Metallica, Cactus Canyon

Just got scooby this week will be interesting to see how it does

Id reccomend Deadpool to any route owner.

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Ok I’m a little confused. Normally stern releases pros all at once. Operators across the country get theirs within a few days of each other. Great seems fair.
What the heck is going on? Stern is sending foo fighters across the country to random distributors and their making their way to
Locations. I don’t believe I’ll get my pro for 2 weeks that means we’re missing a big part of the honeymoon stage and costing us a significant amount of money. What’s up with this what’s their agenda here? Makes zero sense to me all they’re doing is upsetting their loyal customers.
Stock pile games and ship to all your operators within 1 week. Don’t cherry pick your favorites.

Stockpile 1000 pinball machines? I don't really know too much about their operation but I assume they really can't go more than a few days without shipping without running out of space. Or why they would want to. Would also be a mess with the logistics company.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

My understanding is they sent a small amount to dealers to place in their show rooms. There are some distributors that also have a location and that's what we are seeing. I think?

The first batch of operator pros are suppose to ship out in the next week-10 days I believe.

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Stockpile 1000 pinball machines? I don't really know too much about their operation but I assume they really can't go more than a few days without shipping without running out of space. Or why they would want to. Would also be a mess with the logistics company.

They have done it every single time without issue. It’s also not 1,000 games probably closer to 200 on the first run of pros.

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

My understanding is they sent a small amount to dealers to place in their show rooms. There are some distributors that also have a location and that's what we are seeing. I think?
The first batch of operator pros are suppose to ship out in the next week-10 days I believe.

Yea they have not done this in the past. I don’t get the play… how is this beneficial to stern? This does not help any operators

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I don’t get the play… how is this beneficial to stern?

Running the bulk of the Pros after the LEs and the Premiums means their higher markup games ship first, encouraging people to pay more to get it sooner is the answer to that I'm sure.

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

I try and route everything for variety because there are sterns everywhere. They and CGC make the best low maintenance games on the market.

My experience is pinball bros is absolute garbage. My alien was a total piece and the code still isn't updated to the point where it won't lock up on location. I would advise against anyone routing it.

Spooky quality is a little better if you get a working game. They will provide tech support and send you parts but they have little to no documentation and their games look like they were just slapped together in a garage.
I've really tried to support them but they can be frustrating with lack of documentation and no decent source for replacement parts. I have a Rick and Morty and Halloween that have been rock solid and a TNA CE that has been nothing but a headache.

Houdini is the only AP game I've owned and it was rock solid other than the flippers would mush out because the power supply was under sized for the game and when the magnets would go it would drop the flippers but it was rare. I would definitely buy and route an AP game again.

I love to route stuff that other people won't and will continue to do so as long as it makes sense.

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Yea they have not done this in the past. I don’t get the play… how is this beneficial to stern? This does not help any operators

It builds the hype. Stern is edging us.

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I think a big number of games are going to Texas Pinball Festival, and seems like every disto might have gotten 1 to do whatever with.
Just a guess

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Running the bulk of the Pros after the LEs and the Premiums means their higher markup games ship first, encouraging people to pay more to get it sooner is the answer to that I'm sure.

Home Pros FIVE MONTHS after the Prems and LEs instead of right after is Stern's new play, debuted with Bond to encourage home users to buy a Prem or LE so they don't have to wait 5 months or more for their Pro. Putting a huge gap AFTER the LE/Prem run before running the home pros is new. Naked money grab to push home users into the much more profitable Prem and LE tier. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pros eventually become location only and they just stop making them direct for home. It's the slimmest profit margin by a LOT now that the Prem and LE margins have been fattened.

#293 1 year ago

Talked to my dad and he said Back in 2007 when we operated machines at a campground in Hope, the most popular were rescue 911, fish tales and cactus jacks. Kids loved Cactus jacks and would always yell “FOOOD FIGHTT!!!” When they got the cactus figures dancing

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pros eventually become location only and they just stop making them direct for home. It's the slimmest profit margin by a LOT now that the Prem and LE margins have been fattened.

I would be surprised if that happened. Difficult to implement, unpopular, short-sighted since a lot of relatively casual types are buying pins for home use now and they're more price-sensitive.

#295 1 year ago

Well godfather is a complete dud so far. Everyone walks past it on their way to foo. Anyone having better luck with GF?

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

My popeye is kicking the snot out of all my other pins except monster bash

#297 1 year ago

Well godfather is a complete dud so far. Everyone walks past it on their way to foo. Anyone having better luck with GF?</blockquote

Yes, I was pleased with the first week's earnings on GF. Each location is different, YMMV. FF has been doing well, too.

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well godfather is a complete dud so far. Everyone walks past it on their way to foo. Anyone having better luck with GF?

Time to move it to another location. Sounds like it's just not vibing with that location's crowd.

#299 1 year ago

I'm trying to get more dollar bill acceptors on my pins. I had a 12v DBA that worked on Dialed In but I can't get it to work on GnR. Also, I'm curious what people use for WPC games, R&M and TNA. I've figured out Stern Spike and Sam systems.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I'm trying to get more dollar bill acceptors on my pins. I had a 12v DBA that worked on Dialed In but I can't get it to work on GnR. Also, I'm curious what people use for WPC games, R&M and TNA. I've figured out Stern Spike and Sam systems.

MEI/Mars 110/120v bill acceptor with a 300 bill stacker. $1 ones that aren't reprogrammable are cheap ($100-$125 used) and fine, but if you spring for the ones that are reprogrammable and can take $1,$5,$10,$20 you can make $5 an option and you'll be surprised how many $5s you'll find in the mix when you collect. 12v acceptors are the most expensive because you rarely see them used for cheap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-are-earning-well-right-now/page/6?hl=theshaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.