Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.56.55 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.57.34 PM (resized).png
B9B84C1E-C9E9-4B1A-95EA-E16965688F80 (resized).jpeg
458C795D-11D4-4032-96C2-52718819B989 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 1.34.05 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.57.08 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.06.55 AM (resized).png
FCDB21EA-948E-431D-BF19-AC70CC9A1B8B (resized).jpeg
There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’ve only had it for 4-5 months or so. It’s probably still in the honeymoon phase, but that’s lasted longer than pins normally do. My location shut down from Dec 23- Jan 4th or so. So the early collections this year were expectedly low. Couple that with Covid being in play the whole time I’ve owned it and who knows how it will be doing in a year.
However, if it was a pin, it would likely be my number one earner. It was 5th compared to my pins last year and I’d only had it almost 4 months by the time the year was over. If that was 12 months, it might have been number one.
Hockey is a big part of the rink, but Saturdays are soccer all day. When I have my pinball league, which is one Saturday a month, I will see soccer parents and kids playing bubble hockey, which wasn’t what I was expecting.
Mine is used and from the serial number was made in 2000. I did have some parts to replace, the puck, one gearbox, the red lenses on the scoreboard, and after discovering a poor repair on the ice surface, a new one of those too. They are fairly simple designs and once cleaned and all fixed up should be pretty low maintenance for a while. I make sure to play a practice game when I’m there just to see that everything is working as it should.
I’m happy with the purchase. Based on ROI it should pay for itself before 2021 is over. That would obviously vary by location. It’s not crushing it, but is something I have wanted since I was a kid and if it can supplement pinball buying with its coin drop that works too.
Once covid is over I want to try a quarterly tournament to try to get some additional interest going.

Very cool i have a location interested in one once COVID is over so that’s super helpful! Thank you

#152 3 years ago

Results from the latest roller hockey tournament:

Super Chexx
Ghostbuster/Metallica (tied)
Dolly Parton
Iron Maiden
High Speed
Old Chicago
Funhouse
Future Spa ($3 wah wah)

Taxi broke a kickout bracket a few days before and was off. Stars had an issue with the coin door pop up and wasn’t taking coins, so counting that as effectively being off. Fixed Stars yesterday and Taxi parts arrive any day.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Results from the latest roller hockey tournament:
Super Chexx
Ghostbuster/Metallica (tied)
Dolly Parton
Iron Maiden
High Speed
Old Chicago
Funhouse
Future Spa ($3 wah wah)
Taxi broke a kickout bracket a few days before and was off. Stars had an issue with the coin door pop up and wasn’t taking coins, so counting that as effectively being off. Fixed Stars yesterday and Taxi parts arrive any day.

Dolly Parton ?!?!

I would have never guessed! Haha

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Are you running an SE or LE? Also it’s doing better then your average new pin? What -% would you say it’s up over a normal new game for your location.

Its an LE. Significantly better >30% than the other new pins. Of course, who knows how long that will last.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Dolly Parton ?!?!
I would have never guessed! Haha

Yeah, it might settle down a little when it’s just regulars playing the pins. One of the bartenders told me recently that she plays a few games a week on it and I know some of the ladies that play soccer play only that pin a time or two every week recently. So it has draw for a decently wide audience.

It’s a good game too, and my tournament players absolutely enjoy and respect the gameplay.

#156 3 years ago

Dolly is awesome, but I couldn't get barely any play on single level classics. I wanted people to love stars and meteor so bad but I couldn't justify keeping them in rotation.

#157 3 years ago

Personally, I think Dolly Parton is an average player at best, but that doesn't always matter for a location game. Routing classic games like Centaur, Fathom, Viking, Frontier hardly registered a hearbeat in the coin box. These were all beautiful restored games, didn't matter. Had much more luck with Bally Playboy, KISS, Joker Poker, Quicksilver, and Eight Ball Deluxe. Some weeks Joker Poker would be in the top quartile for earnings.

#158 3 years ago

What do you attribute that to?

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What do you attribute that to?

I wish I knew what drives a casual location player to embrace one game and just ignore another one. With tournament and league players, I can usually guess pretty well what they will like and play. With EBD, I had historical reports in Playmeter that showed how dominant it was on location. So that one was an easy pick. But Bally Playboy? I figured it would be up and out after three months. Nope, it kept earning well enough to stay on location for two years. I had to pull Bally Viking after six weeks because it earned as well as an empty box of lights. Restored Fathom on location? Meh, who cares. Every location is different, YMMV.

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Personally, I think Dolly Parton is an average player at best, but that doesn't always matter for a location game.

I can think of two reasons why people like it.

1 week later
#161 3 years ago

How’s avengers earning right now?

Are you routing a pro or premium?

#162 3 years ago

Looking for a little advice from anyone running newer arcade

Have a new family arcade going into a resort.

Looking for a shooter
Jurassic park sit down raw thrills
Rabbids Hollywood 4 person
Halo sit down shooter
Tomb raider 4 person

Anyone have a recommendation on which one is earning well.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Looking for a little advice from anyone running newer arcade
Have a new family arcade going into a resort.
Looking for a shooter
Jurassic park sit down raw thrills
Rabbids Hollywood 4 person
Halo sit down shooter
Tomb raider 4 person
Anyone have a recommendation on which one is earning well.

I thought about getting one of those big box shooter games, but figured I could fit a couple smaller ones instead. Like aliens Armageddon and/or buck hunter.
Replay magazine said that the jurassic park one was the best earning game out of all the shooters. Based on a poll given to various operators on different genres.
I went to a few family fun centers and tried out that tomb raider game.... I'm not sure what the appeal is besides redemption, because the game play is terrible.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I thought about getting one of those big box shooter games, but figured I could fit a couple smaller ones instead. Like aliens Armageddon and/or buck hunter.
Replay magazine said that the jurassic park one was the best earning game out of all the shooters. Based on a poll given to various operators on different genres.
I went to a few family fun centers and tried out that tomb raider game.... I'm not sure what the appeal is besides redemption, because the game play is terrible.

I thought game play was ok. The bright side was a 4 player light gun shooter. I think having a 4 player game would help.

#165 3 years ago

Stranger Things- still my top earner at my brewery location

Reach out to ZMeny , He’ll be selling raw thrills and ICE arcade games

The new big buck hunter has terminator on it too. My friend that has an arcade and some of the most played games are the sit in walking dead and Jurassic Park, they get a lot of play, especially since they are 2 player. Definitely recommend those to be good earner. He has the tomb raider and I never see anyone playing it.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I thought game play was ok. The bright side was a 4 player light gun shooter. I think having a 4 player game would help.

Well as far as modern light gun games go, the graphics were kind of meh. I played the super duper huge deluxe version @ pinballz in austin. I get the four player aspect though.

As far as those virtual reality games go, they are expensive. kong island is the newest one from raw thrills. I saw the next mario kart is supposed to be in VR, it looked freakin awesome. The price tag was nuts though. Anything over 15-20k for one game is out of my league. U would have to have an FEC in order to make roi.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

The new big buck hunter has terminator on it too

what does that mean? Like you can swap the software and use the same machine?

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

what does that mean? Like you can swap the software and use the same machine?

It's like a select screen. Buck hunter has a few other modes besides shooting deer.
Zombies, duck dynasty, terminator and another side game called monster island.
The sides games aren't easy with a pump action.

#169 3 years ago

Anyone seeing an increase on stranger things? Seems like mine has become more popular recently. Understandable the new code has made this game a blast!

3 weeks later
#170 3 years ago

Anyone using a prepaid card system in their arcade? I’m looking to pick up a system and looking for recommendations

#171 3 years ago

Just sent you a text regarding some local card systems in Colorado.

1 week later
#172 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone using a prepaid card system in their arcade? I’m looking to pick up a system and looking for recommendations

I have a card system coming in from these guys.
https://unitetechno.com/dt_catalog/rfpay
you either need a kiosk or an employee to add credits on the cards. Fees after installation are if you want tech support. I thought the cool thing was you can use coins in conjunction with the card system. you don't need to drill holes and it mounts in the DBA slot.

I used another basic card system a while back from AXIS networks, a Canadian based company. The form factor is a little different though.

I shopped around and the bigger players like intercard, think I was quoted like over 36k for 50 machines. Then you have the X amount a month you spend after per card reader up to a certain amount per location. That'd be cool for places like D&B but for smaller venues, it seemed like a lot.
Depending on the number of machines you have, your probably better off using Nayax VPOS touch on them.

There is another guy on pinside who has an arcade, he made his own card system with a rasberry pi and card readers. Thought that was pretty cool.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

There is another guy on pinside who has an arcade, he made his own card system with a rasberry pi and card readers. Thought that was pretty cool.

That would be me here at Blizzard Mountain Pinball in Conifer, CO. It was expensive to implement (even do it yourself) ... I used the DBV slot to install a USB based card reader attached to a Raspberry Pi which is networked to a server. The main expenses are the card readers, a Raspberry Pi (including power cord, network cable, SD card, etc.) for each game, the swipe-cards themselves, and one thing that's easy to overlook - a coin door containing a DBV slot for the older games that don't have one. I did all the programming myself and my family and I spent days building wiring harnesses to plug into the coin door interfaces...without us doing a lot of it ourselves it would've been quite a bit more expensive I'm sure. It adds up but the flexibility it gives us is very worthwhile.

Kevin

#174 3 years ago

Also to answer the original question - here are the top 10 games at Blizzard since we reopened in January:

Avengers AIQ (Premium)
JJP Pirates (Standard)
Willy Wonka (Standard)
Stranger Things (Premium)
The Hobbit (LE)
Ghostbusters (Premium)
Galaga/MS Pac-Man combo
Indiana Jones (WMS)
Wizard of Oz (Standard)
Medieval Madness (original WMS)

Poor Pinbot is dead last....

Kevin

#175 3 years ago

Just saw this thread. Not an op, but as a customer, one of the biggest turn offs is not being able to hear the pins and that seems to be very common in barcades. Turn the bar music down and let the pins and games ring out. I played in one place and I couldn't hear any of the pinball games except for the scream on GB. It just sapped the fun out of them because if you haven't played them before, newer games are all about the audio and visual cues.

Reading back I saw the talk of AC/DC, interestingly, playing that one on location was what made me buy it. I wasn't expecting to like it and loved it. One of my favorite games.

#176 3 years ago

Rank of my pins in earnings order: Flash Gordon, Wild Fyre, Rick N' Morty

1 week later
#177 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

one of the biggest turn offs is not being able to hear the pins and that seems to be very common in barcades.

I would agree, but as an OP myself there are limitations at different locations. Most OP's rent space at a location and the volume is dictated by the owner, manager, etc. I would rather have the pins turned up but unfortunately it is not my choice as an OP on how loud I can turn the pins up at a location.

2 months later
#178 2 years ago

Would love to see this thread pick up steam again.

AIQ premium is doing poorly for me right now. Gave South Park a try and it’s doing well.

Stranger things has become really strong!

Mando should be here on Wednesday it’s going in the best slot at the location so we will see how it earns

#179 2 years ago

Just collected from a location today. Stranger things was 1, Houdini was 2, and tales from the crypt was 3rd. Note: the only reason tales is on route is because the cooks love it.

#180 2 years ago

Mando is a no brainer. It’ll earn.

#181 2 years ago

52 pin collection of all eras. Game, percentage of total collection in $$, price per game:

Top 10

Led Zeppelin 6.1% $1.00
Rick & Morty 5.1% $1.00
Avengers IQ 4.5% $1.00
Attack from Mars 4.3% $0.75
Jurassic Park (Stern) 3.9% $1.00
Star Trek (Stern) 3.5% $1.00
Munsters 3.1% $1.00
Total Nuclear Annihilation 3.1% $0.75
Twilight Zone 3.1% $0.50
Medieval Madness 3.0% $0.75

Top solid state:
Hercules 2.7% $0.75

Top EM:
Captain Fantastic 1.0% $0.25

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

52 pin collection of all eras. Game, percentage of total collection in $$, price per game:
Top 10
Led Zeppelin 6.1% $1.00
Rick & Morty 5.1% $1.00
Avengers IQ 4.5% $1.00
Attack from Mars 4.3% $0.75
Jurassic Park 3.9% $1.00
Star Trek 3.5% $1.00
Munsters 3.1% $1.00
Total Nuclear Annihilation 3.1% $0.75
Twilight Zone 3.1% $0.50
Medieval Madness 3.0% $0.75
Top solid state:
Hercules 2.7% $0.75
Top EM:
Captain Fantastic 1.0% $0.25

Ryan are you running the led zep pro or premium?

#183 2 years ago

shockingly my led zeps are doing good as well. I say that because ive had only mediocre success with old rock based pins on location.
Stranger things and deadpool are always at top along with guardians, ghostbusters, GOT.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Ryan are you running the led zep pro or premium?

Premium. Personally, I doubt there would be much of a difference, and there is no way to tell the difference between how well a Pro would earn vs a Premium/LE. (Except maybe if you had a game in one spot for a long time, to the point where earnings had stabilized, and then replaced it with a different version?)

2 weeks later
#185 2 years ago

Alright here’s my line up.

Tmnt LE
Tmnt data east
South Park
Iron Maiden pro
Afm LE
Monster bash LE
MM Royal
Mando pro
Avengers premium AIQ
Strange science
Rocky bull winkle.
Stranger things pro

Ok
Strange science
Avengers AIQ
Rocky bull winkle

Are all on the chopping block. I
Like to keep things fresh and make sure i rotate out an older game once every 2 months.

Stern play boy
Austin powers
T3

Are all on my list. Any suggestions which one to avoid or pursue? I understand none of these will be a home run.
Thanks

#186 2 years ago

I currently have only 3 games out- Ghostbusters pro, Stranger Things pro and Mandalorian pro. All 3 earning great. These are also the Top 3 games Ive had in a few years of having games on location

I’d get a Ghostbusters pro and switch out one of your lower earning games - another good option would be Deadpool pro

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I currently have only 3 games out- Ghostbusters pro, Stranger Things pro and Mandalorian pro. All 3 earning great. These are also the Top 3 games Ive had in a few years of having games on location
I’d get a Ghostbusters pro and switch out one of your lower earning games - another good option would be Deadpool pro

Your probably right ghostbusters would be a good addition… however i hate that game with a passion! Haha

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Top solid state:
Hercules 2.7% $0.75

YOU LOVE TO SEE IT

#189 2 years ago

Is there *any* instance in which an EM can earn well? I'm curious, I was thinking maybe a western/Americana themed EM (Bow and Arrow, Spirit of '76, Klondike etc. etc.) in a rustic themed bar in my smaller town might be decent.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Is there *any* instance in which an EM can earn well? I'm curious, I was thinking maybe a western/Americana themed EM (Bow and Arrow, Spirit of '76, Klondike etc. etc.) in a rustic themed bar in my smaller town might be decent.

Target Alpha earned well in a lineup full of new/old games. 4 player games w/ lots of drops are key I think for location EMs.

#191 2 years ago

I have had Stars, Meteor, and Viking all on location at 50c vs the new games at 1@2/3 and they do not earn well. I have them there more for me and the other pinheads.

Star Wars premium and Stranger Things are by far my top guys right now in a lineup with BKSoR, Aerosmith, Cyclone, Hook, Iron Man, and Viking.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Target Alpha earned well in a lineup full of new/old games. 4 player games w/ lots of drops are key I think for location EMs.

Hmm maybe a Spirit of 76 would be good then, since it has those 2 sets of 4 drops. Just spitballing ideas, I would like to dip my toes in operating. I also ended up with Jumping Jack and Air Aces, 2 games with large center drop target banks, out of pure coincidence lol. Maybe Ill try seeing if any place would be interested in those.

#193 2 years ago

Old Chicago is currently the only EM I have out. It earns decently well compared to the others.

Does anyone run tournaments at their locations. I do and that 100% has an impact. The tournament players will play everything, even if it’s just a few times on occasion, if they know they have to play it in league and/or tournaments and I do both.

My main location sucks for casual foot traffic and is 90%+ coin drop from tournament players.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Like to keep things fresh and make sure i rotate out an older game once every 2 months.
Stern play boy
Austin powers
T3
Are all on my list. Any suggestions which one to avoid or pursue? I understand none of these will be a home run.
Thanks

I'm pretty sure Austin Powers has the thinnest ruleset of the bunch, if your players care about that sort of thing at all. And I don't think the Austin Powers movies are that well-liked anymore.

#195 2 years ago

AP did well for its price / era at my location.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Hmm maybe a Spirit of 76 would be good then, since it has those 2 sets of 4 drops. Just spitballing ideas, I would like to dip my toes in operating. I also ended up with Jumping Jack and Air Aces, 2 games with large center drop target banks, out of pure coincidence lol. Maybe Ill try seeing if any place would be interested in those.

If your serious about making this work I’d put my best foot forward and route something brand new. Less likely to break will make you and the location more money and impress the location to help your growth moving forward.

ROI might be smaller but your doing what’s best for your business

#197 2 years ago

Anyone have luck running stern Simpsons?

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone have luck running stern Simpsons?

Ran TSPP about ten years ago for around six months. Had high hopes as others had told me it earned well. It was a disappointment for me from an earnings perspective and heavier maintenance that I had expected. YMMV

#199 2 years ago

From my previous route before it died a Covid death, highest to lowest:

Theatre of Magic
The Shadow
Star Trek Pro
The Walking Dead
Whirlwind
Genie (.25 play)
Bally Atlantis
BSD
Target Alpha (.25 play)
Sorcerer

Some of these were on route less time than the others (Atlantis, BSD, Target Alpha, Sorcerer were all short-lived).
All were .50 a play except the ones noted at .25/per.
ToM is a killer and I just rebought it in search of a new route.

Genie and Target Alpha were constantly played at a quarter. Genie paid itself off in under five months.

I would highly recommend checking pinballmap and looking for desirable games that are not on route near you and targeting those games specifically.

#200 2 years ago

Double post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 349 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-are-earning-well-right-now/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.