11 days ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 days ago

If you were going to purchase a Bar & Grill like the one seen here:

https://www.upflip.com/listing/michigan/michigan_starters_bar_and_grill_187189

What are the best types of pins to put in an establishment like this one? Is it better to buy your own pin machines or is it better to contract out a route for a restaurant like this?

#2 10 days ago

Stern Ghostbusters pro and Star Wars are my top pins! Definitely earning well in my brewery location.

#3 10 days ago

Oktoberfest seems like an awesome choice for a bar.

#4 10 days ago

I bet the new Jurassic Park would do well.

#5 10 days ago

Oktoberfest, Harley Davidson, AFM...

#6 10 days ago

Definitely the most current and modern action themes like Fast and Furious and X Games.

#7 10 days ago

+1 for contracting with an operator. Every restaurant/bar owner I know has little time to deal with some of the challenges that pinball machines bring. They can become a real PITA, even for experienced technicians. A non working pinball is also a poor reflection on the restaurant/bar itself. Why concern yourself with pinball tediousness when you can focus your energy on B I G picture things and get paid to have someone route their pinballs in your establishment? Do what you do best and outsource the rest. Just my .02

For my route I like to compliment a newer game with an older game. I have a Deadpool and a Tales From the Crypt (for the month of October) currently at a brewery and they get played quite well. My theory is that an older $.50 per play game up sells the the newer pins that are $1 plays. I trade the lesser expensive game in and out as the ROI is usually a lot better and it keeps things fresh while I chip away at that NIB Stern. Good luck and hope everything works out

#8 10 days ago

There might be a learning curve.

Finding out what earns and what customers like. This can be different at every location.

If you want to be an operator. You can let emotion dictate the games you buy. It should always come down to the cash box. The cash box doesn't lie.

You just asked about pins. I'll leave insurance, licenses, and zoning ordinances, for your next post.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Over a million dollars to buy and you won't own the building. I'd investigate the tax records to find accurate income levels. It doesn't appear to earn enough to make a go of it. Maybe why it's for sale ? If you are looking to buy. And an operation of this size, you won't have time to run it and be an operator. And income from the games won't make a dent in your overhead. Best wishes if you are serious and move forward on this.

#9 10 days ago

Also, how does it work as a chain restaurant? Typically a chain or franchise restaurant is dictated by the overall company. From what I understand the headquarters would have to allow any deviation from the normal look of the restaurant (including adding pins?).

#10 10 days ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Also, how does it work as a chain restaurant? Typically a chain or franchise restaurant is dictated by the overall company. From what I understand the headquarters would have to allow any deviation from the normal look of the restaurant (including adding pins?).

If it's a huge, nation wide chain. There won't be any deviation.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.50
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    € 59.80
    Lighting - Backbox
    Freddys Pinball Paradise
    $ 24.00
    $ 12.50
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 30.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 18.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside