• 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Skrippy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

416f2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I've done a few threads exploring the world of non-multiball pins, but now I would like to look at Pins that do have multi-ball, but only 2-ball multiball. Most pins I have seen have 3 or more multiball and I have seen some pins with 2 or 3 multiball like the Data East Secret Service. The only 2-ball only multiball that I can think of is a Williams Road Kings. There must be a at least a few others.

Please help by sharing with us any pins that you know of that have just a 2-ball multiball mode.

Thanks!!

#29 10 years ago

Thanks for all the great input!! A lot of these Pins I had never heard of before. Doing my research on all of them. Please keep them coming if you can think of any that haven't been mentioned yet.

Thanks!!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I never understood Road Kings: it's got this very nice time-lock system, and what would be cooler than to add a ball when you've achieved that? I think a lot of games would be nicer if they had a 3th ball in multiball, and most 2 ball games already have 2 places to 'hold' the ball, so a 3-ball multiball would be easily added.

I actually prefer 2-ball over 3 or more balls in multiball. When you have 3 or more balls going you really loose control of what's happening. It's more of a punishment rather than a reward. With 2 balls you still can maintain control over the game play. It becomes more of a challenge rather than a punishment. A challenge that rewards you with extra points.

I'm glad that there are 2-ball multball games out there and this was the reason for this thread - to help me identify those pins. Now I'm just researching the videos and downloading the pinmame so I can check these different pins out. Living in Hawaii this is about the only way I can do it as there are so few pins available to play over here. Hopefully I can determine what I really like and then I can try to find one on the Mainland and have it shipped here.

I tend to like the "Old School" game play a lot better. From the list so far I'm liking, Sorcerer, Andromeda, and Road Kings. If anyone has some really good strong opinions on any specific game I would love to hear it. Your personal experiences can really help me in this quest!

Thanks again to all!!

#48 10 years ago

Doing some more research on all these great pins!! Another one I'm really liking is Robo-War. Does anyone have a rule sheet for this pin?

Great "Old School" feel with drop targets, spinner, upper role over lanes with flipper lane change. The sound is great too!! Mars from Holst's "Planets" is great music and the robotic call outs are perfect match for the theme.

1 week later
#56 10 years ago

OK I found another one that no one has mentioned and it really fits that "old school" feel with the "new school" features I'm looking for. Gottliebs 1991 Cactus Jack's! It has plunger shot leading to flipper lane change roll over lanes that increase the bonus multiplier. These drop to 3 pop bumpers. A great ramp loop shot from either flipper that is returned to the left inlane. Two return shots to the upper roll overs. No spinners though. 2 ball multiball. 8 drop targets! A VUK that launches the locked ball to a habitrail going to the left inlane. A under the table feature. A fun musical theme that's not too obnoxious. And some amusing artwork.

416f2.jpg416f2.jpg

I'm trying to find the manual online so that I can check out the ruleset but I haven't had any luck. Anyone have the ruleset from the manual? Anyone have any insights on this pin? Any info, stories, or whatever regarding Cactus Jack's would be appreciated. And of course any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

scrippy mentioned Cactus Jacks. Would be another game that I would like to own again

Yes, sorry I missed that. I still haven't been able to find the rule sheet from the manual anywhere. Bob, since you have played the game can you elaborate on some of the game play rules and strategy? I think I have figured most of it out but do you remember how the Banjo Bonus and Catch-up works?

Let me know. Thanks!

#61 10 years ago

Thanks for the rundown beepnutz!! Don't know if I will ever be able to find one at a decent price and then get it shipped to me here in Hawaii. What kind of price would you put on a decent working but non-shopped Cactus Jack's?? I see a couple up on ebay but, like most pins I see there, they seem to be priced at double what they should be.

And yes, anyone with a rulesheet that they can send me it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

Maybe start another post asking for Cactus Jacks rules?

Yes already did that a few days ago. Also have a WTB post up.

Quoted from beepnutz:

Drops were for the multiplier, maybe the rollovers were for the left loop to top right bonus target.

Drops advance the "Fruit Bonus" and the roll overs advances the multiplier. I've been playing the PinMAME version on my computer and have figured most of it out. I understand the "Catch-Up" now as working with multi player only giving you a shot that will get your score up to whatever the high score is in that game. I see the "Banjo Bonus" as being that shot straight up the banjo neck, through the pops, and hitting the 3rd roll over. A really cool shot!

I really like the way they incorporated a lot of new school features and play along with the old school features of roll over lanes, integrated pops, and the drop targets. Hopefully one of these will come my way one way or another!

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

The one on ebay for $1299 or make offer in Nevada, looks pretty nice.

That gentleman also has the pin up for sale here on pinside. I have already corresponded with him on the pin. It does have a damaged playfield section that would need to be replaced for it to play correctly. Also some missing stickers. Nothing too bad but still things that would need to be addressed. I try to keep my budget at no more than $1,000 per pin. But of course with about $400 shipping cost here to Hawaii that cuts into that $1,000 considerably. I'll give him a chance to sell it at the price he wants and maybe in couple of weeks if it doesn't sell we may still be able to work something out.

If someone wants to pick up that pin for me I will trade you two weeks free stay here in Hawaii at my vacation rental. Go to www.halemalu.com to check out my place. The two weeks stay is worth about $1,500 so it could work out as a pretty good deal for everyone!

Let me know!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jags.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-are-2-ball-multiball-only?tu=Jags and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.