Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    images-1 (resized).jpeg
    Bladerunner_01_(resized).jpg
    vanhelsing_(resized).jpg
    Kick-Ass-3-chloefreaqq-25007616-1920-1200_(resized).jpg
    Pee-wee_Big_Adventure_(resized).jpg
    2265487-war_of_the_worlds31.jpg
    Kang_and_Kodos1.png
    invadersfromspace1.jpg
    God_of_War_2.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

This month's PLAYBOY is the last issue with nudity... They are rebooting in 2016 as a MAXIMish publication! So gen 4 PB could be very "family friendly"

Well Hef is 90+ maybe thats the reason
    The newest issue I have is October 2002. And it was given to me.

#102 8 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

FREDDY vs Jason. Based on both complete franchises. 1979 and up. We all know horror sells. FACT!
    image.jpeg

1980 and up.

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Well Hef is 90+ maybe thats the reason
    The newest issue I have is October 2002. And it was given to me.

There is an interesting article about the transition in the New York Times. Bottom line = nudity is everywhere these days, so let's focus on content (and hopefully attract more readers).

Nudes Are Old News at Playboy
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/13/business/media/nudes-are-old-news-at-playboy.html?_r=0

#104 8 years ago

I would like to see ..... any pinball I currently don't have being moved into my game room!!!!!

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

Monster High
    Calvin and Hobbes
    Mad Max
    Buffy
    A really good Star Wars

after further reflection... also:

Asterix the Gaul (the new artist is very good... original artwork or reproductions from the series would be awesome... sadly probably not much of a US audience for it).

Battlestar Galactica (original or Sci-Fi not Galactica 1980)

Logan's Run

ZARDOZ (imagine his head vomiting up multiballs and the callouts "The Gun is Good," "The Penis is Evil," "Go Forth and KILL!" "Zardoz has spoken")

Monster High remains at the top of my wish list though.

#106 8 years ago

Outside of original themes, there are some Terry Gilliam licenses I'd like to see that are fairly timeless, which is an important consideration.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
    Time Bandits

#107 8 years ago

I'd be happy with a number of the titles mentioned in this thread, however I feel the only one that even has a slight chance of being made would be mad max. Sure is nice to daydream though.

#108 8 years ago

Star Wars (new movies: VII, VIII, IX, Boba Fett, Young Han Solo)
    Queen (the greatest rock band of all time)
    The Mummy (there's a new movie in the works)

Stern has also been "re-imagining" classic themes like Kiss, Playboy, Star Trek or The Amazing Spider-Man, so in the same vein, here are some they might consider:

- Fathom (imagine swirling ramps and a big lower playfield "cave")
    - James Bond
    - Medusa (or mythology theme)
    - Dr. Who (prime for an update)

#109 8 years ago

A Super Troopers pin would sound good right about meow!

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

A Super Troopers pin would sound good right about meow!

Nice....

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

ZARDOZ (imagine his head vomiting up multiballs and the callouts "The Gun is Good," "The Penis is Evil," "Go Forth and KILL!" "Zardoz has spoken")

Haha! You're sick!! Didn't think anyone even KNEW about that movie!!!

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Haha! You're sick!! Didn't think anyone even KNEW about that movie!!!

I have a thing for 70s sci-fi... and ZARDOZ is underrated!

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

Alice in wonderland.
    Too soon?

Predit... Sorry.

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

I have a thing for 70s sci-fi... and ZARDOZ is underrated!

How about StarCrash with a busty Caroline Munroe!!! Talk about your niche' pinball markets!!!

#115 8 years ago

ROME, similar to Pinball FX 2.
    It has quite a good standard layout with some good toys.

#116 8 years ago

I'd love to see a Tombstone pin. The call outs could be great. I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game.

#117 8 years ago

Mortal Kombat. Original one would be awesome but rather unlikely. Not the best game they made but the one that got it all started and has this very special atmosphere.

#118 8 years ago

New South park or super mario

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I'd love to see an original theme and title again. Alas, those day are gone forever, over a long time ago.
    People are always surprised to hear that the video game industry is larger and more lucrative than Hollywood. I'm surprised pinball manufactures haven't yet capitalized off of that (unless you count Gottlieb's Super Mario games). Plus, if a lasting franchise was selected, the game would have lasting appeal, and wouldn't look dated as hell in a year or two. That being said, here are my top picks:
    A Legend of Zelda game ---> Timeless and creative.
    A Minecraft game ---> Could play like junkyard, where you have to collect pieces of things to build other things.
    A Metroid game ---> This would be sort of a niche theme, but man oh man would it be good.
    Really, and game franchise with a long history of goodness would be nice.

Full Throttle ?
    That's an original theme is it not ?

#120 8 years ago

Forbidden Planet for me. The sound effects alone would be worth it.

#121 8 years ago

Thought of another one... Princess Bride! Could have both "Princess Buttercup" and "Dread Pirate Roberts" editions! DPR for me!

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from whisper:

New South Park or super mario

I'm on your side - the Sega fart-joke-based South Park machine doesn't reflect the smart, razor-sharp satire that the show has become. It's a game that needs at least a ROM update, at most a re-design.

#123 8 years ago

Scooby doo.

#124 8 years ago

Jaws. Jaws. Jaws.

With release of Star Wars, and already tickets are selling out, shows power in these older genres. Jaws was original blockbuster.

Ghostbusters is a strong title too but lackluster design/ meh code may be an issue

#125 8 years ago

God_of_War_2.jpgGod_of_War_2.jpg

#126 8 years ago

Pulp Fiction and Deep Throat,why not?

#127 8 years ago

Green Hornet T.V. series.

#128 8 years ago

Hellboy
    Scooby Doo (original 2 years sourced)
    Christmas Vacation
    The Thing (1982)

Non-license
    A GOOD ghost/haunted game
    Steampunk and/or Victorian adventure

And artwork for all of this that is drawn, not photoshopped, with an open, uncluttered playfield.

#130 8 years ago

1) Original Western - Something a little campy along the lines of The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

2) Attack From Mars II - Doesn't need to follow that license, but a spiritual successor to Attack From Mars would be cool.

3) Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Maybe with a Whoa Nellie throwback feel.

4) Harry Potter - Probably one of the most obvious missed themes.

5) Zombieland / Plants vs Zombies - A little burnt out on zombies, but I still think Zombieland would be a great fit for pinball. Then again, I also think Plants vs Zombies could be done really well. It's a simple theme and could feature a major return of drop targets. Basically just a game that features drop targets that must be hit with some urgency.

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Attack from Mars II - Doesn't need to follow that license, but a spiritual successor to Attack from Mars would be cool.

How about taking various pop culture references and doing an abstract version (without needing licenses because they are only concepts)

Futurama space invaders episode
    invadersfromspace[1].jpginvadersfromspace[1].jpg

The Simpsons Aliens
    Kang_and_Kodos[1].pngKang_and_Kodos[1].png

War of the worlds (the modern tom cruise version)
    2265487-war_of_the_worlds3[1].jpg2265487-war_of_the_worlds3[1].jpg

#132 8 years ago

Yeah, it's a pretty generic concept, defend earth from waves of attacking aliens. I do like the idea of a pinball version of Space Invaders. I know the theme has already been used, I'm talking more about a series of drop target that need to be hit similar to the advancing aliens in the video game. That alone would make a really cool upper playfield.

#133 8 years ago

"Space Balls" the pinball Machine!

#134 8 years ago

<blockquote cite="#2850973"
    2) Attack from Mars II - Doesn't need to follow that license, but a spiritual successor to Attack from Mars would be cool.

That was called, "Revenge from Mars", and it did not work out well...

5) Zombieland / Plants vs Zombies - A little burnt out on zombies, but I still think Zombieland would be a great fit for pinball. Then again, I also think Plants vs Zombies could be done really well. It's a simple theme and could feature a major return of drop targets. Basically just a game that features drop targets that must be hit with some urgency.

The Walking Dead and the Pinball FX2 version of PvsZ was already made as well...

#135 8 years ago

You know it's strange, while editing that I pretty much forgot about Revenge from Mars. What I originally posted was a Smash Up style game where you defend earth from various creatures. I figured not enough people would know Smash Up. I'm actually changing that to a King of Tokyo machine after hearing some of the suggestions in the Spooky thread.

#136 8 years ago

I really want a SM, it's next on my list. Really hoping Stern does the remake, otherwise I'll be looking for a nice older one.

#137 8 years ago

Black Knight Lives...

1 month later
    #138 8 years ago

If Stern can redo Spiderman as a Vault Edition themed to the comic books, why not The Walking Dead redone as a Fear The Walking Dead
    edition?

I'm kidding! I'm Kidding! Nobody really want that.

#139 8 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

If Stern can redo Spiderman as a Vault Edition themed to the comic books, why not The Walking Dead redone as a Fear The Walking Dead
    edition?
    I'm kidding! I'm Kidding! Nobody really want that.

Walking Dead Comic book edition would be worthwhile.

1 month later
    #140 8 years ago

Pee Wee Herman! New movie coming out and tons of past material to draw on. The toys, the call-outs, the graphics, this could really be a GREAT machine.

Pee-wee_Big_Adventure_(resized).jpgPee-wee_Big_Adventure_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #141 8 years ago

I think Kick-Ass would translate well to a pin.

Kick-Ass-3-chloefreaqq-25007616-1920-1200_(resized).jpgKick-Ass-3-chloefreaqq-25007616-1920-1200_(resized).jpg

1 month later
    #142 7 years ago

I think Arrested Development would be a great pinball theme. Each character is unique and could easily have their own mode. They might consider skipping that 4th season for content though...

#143 7 years ago

Van Helsing.
    It has a ton of characters.

vanhelsing_(resized).jpgvanhelsing_(resized).jpg

#144 7 years ago

Bladerunner, i actually made some concepts...

Bladerunner_01_(resized).jpgBladerunner_01_(resized).jpg

8 months later
    #145 7 years ago

It's an old thread, but I thought of some others. First though, interesting idea Star Gazer. You've really thought about it.

Star Trek II Wrath of Khan (first ball lock - "They're still running with shields down", 2nd - "Their coil emissions are normal". Multiball start - "Their shields are going up...they're locking Phasers. Shields! FIRE!"

A Knights Tale (jousting theme)

A Raiders of the Lost Ark pin - just the best, first movie.

I agree with c508 - a Battlestar Galatica pin - the original series, by your command.....

And of course, Rogue One.

#146 7 years ago

I still think SpongeBob could be an awesome machine. Flying Dutchman green hologram, Krabby Patty multiball... the possibilities are endless. The MUNSTERS could be a great theme too.

#147 7 years ago

+1 Fallout
    + 1 Spaceballs

#148 7 years ago

images-1 (resized).jpegimages-1 (resized).jpeg

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpeg

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

Unknown-2 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpeg

#149 7 years ago

Wasn't F-14 Tomcat really just Top Gun under an unlicensed name?

#150 7 years ago

I'd buy any of these:

1 - Battlestar Galactica (reboot version with human cylons too)
    2 - Scooby Doobie Doo (original mysteries, mandatory no Scrappy)
    3 - Guardians of the Galaxy
    4 - James Bond (medley: like best villains, girls, various Bonds, or focus on one particular Bond's movies)

I think a few of these would sell like hot cakes!

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pinball-would-you-like-to-see/page/3?hl=crater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.