Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    images-1 (resized).jpeg
    Bladerunner_01_(resized).jpg
    vanhelsing_(resized).jpg
    Kick-Ass-3-chloefreaqq-25007616-1920-1200_(resized).jpg
    Pee-wee_Big_Adventure_(resized).jpg
    2265487-war_of_the_worlds31.jpg
    Kang_and_Kodos1.png
    invadersfromspace1.jpg
    God_of_War_2.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 6 years ago

Muffy the vampire layer

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

Alice in wonderland.
    Too soon?

Not at all too soon.
    http://riotpinball.com/node/3

#53 6 years ago

Trailer Park Boys

#54 6 years ago

Fletch and Fletch lives

#55 6 years ago

I'd like to see The Incredible Hulk remade from 1979.
    If another music pin how about something for hip hop/rap fans like Beastie Boys?
    I second a NHL pin. Make the playfield white like a sheet of ice!
    Any 80s action tv show. Dukes of Hazard, A-Team, Fall Guy.
    Also a skiing/snowboarding theme would work good on a pin. Whitewater with snow?

#56 6 years ago

I really think a christmas themed pinball could work. Thought about it the other day because our front living room where we normally put the tree up is filled with 3 pinball machines currently (and my wife teases me about it, but I know if I put them in the basement they won't get played as much). If I had a christmas themed pinball, I wouldn't need to put up a tree necessarily.

Features:
    Christmas trees GI lighting complete with ornaments fill the playfield
    Snowman artwork on the playfield (House with dead christmas bulbs that need to be relit, christmas tree in the window with ornament inserts)
    Real jingle bells that ring in the bottom of the cabinet (ALA space shuttle bell)

Goals:
    Get the santaball through the chimney scoop
    Fix the bad bulbs on the lights on the house (one light goes out, they all go out)
    Light up the christmas tree
    Go to all the stores to look for presents on your list
    Bad behaved kid mode means coal in your stockings
    Black friday mad rush multiball

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I really think a christmas themed pinball could work.

Christmas eh?

#58 6 years ago

Beavis & Butthead Pinball would make for a pretty cool theme and they could get Mike Judge to do all the voiceovers. I could see Beavis & Butthead torturing Mr. Anderson the old guy and pruning the tree in his back yard as Judas Priest's "BREAKIN THE LAW" is playing in the background as they saw the tree off at the base and it comes crashing down and the shaker motor rattles the whole playfield with a big loud boom as Anderson falls to the ground and the tree hits his house....LOL.

There could even be a Burger World area on the playfield....."Mouse Burger and French Flies" anyone?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Give me Sledgehammer. Remember that one? That dude was hilarious!

Sledgehammer was Al Jeans (Simpsons) spoof of dirty Harry. And I loved it!

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Friday the 13th would be a personal favorite. Lots of options and atmosphere potential (play as Jason and collect different weapons and/or kills for higher bonuses...).

Jason game would be cool. Have you seen the Friday the 13th game that just got funded on Kickstarter? It looks insane!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game?ref=nav_search

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Christmas vacation woud be the shit.
    Empty the shitter feature.
    "Merry Christmas, shitter was full"

#62 6 years ago

I'll take
    Ghostbusters
    Beavis and Butt-Head
    Battlestar Galactica

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

Christmas vacation woud be the shit.
    Empty the shitter feature.
    "Merry Christmas, shitter was full"

She wrapped her dam cat!

I couldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my face sewn to the carpet

If this isn't the biggest bag over the head punch in the face I ever got, g*dammit!

#64 6 years ago

Big Trouble in Little China. Porkshop Express in narrow alley lanes, Lopan with blinding flashers pointed directly at the players eyes. Although hard to not imagine the neon skull ballroom as the center piece.

#65 6 years ago

The Office
    Iron Maiden

#66 6 years ago

I'm going to second Trailer Park Boys. Imagine all the quality callouts. It doesn't take Rocket Appliances to figure out that's a winner. Knowwhatimsayin?!?

#67 6 years ago

National lampoons vacation

#68 6 years ago

The Hobbit

Too soon?

#69 6 years ago

Ash vs. Evil!!

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from keithm:

Jason game would be cool. Have you seen the Friday the 13th game that just got funded on Kickstarter? It looks insane!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game?ref=nav_search

Yeah, the game looks great! It's been awhile since I've had time to play any video games but for that one I may have to make some time

#71 6 years ago

Pat Lawlor's Wrestlemania by JJP or boutique $15,000 vaporware. Just to see what my dream theme should've looked like.

#72 6 years ago

Some great themes here. Maybe Three stooges? Beavis and Butthead would be fun. Also like Resident Evil/T-virus, Evil Dead, Guardians, and National Lampoon vacation (Papa Georgio). Beavis and Stooges might be too dated.
    image.jpeg

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Davidus56:

Stooges might be too dated

Stooges is pretty timeless. The new movie wasn't so terrible, plus Kate Upton plays one of the nuns

#74 6 years ago

Jack Daniels could be an addictive title

#75 6 years ago

Amazing pin and video and accolades to Dave Nelson for building such an outstanding Buffy concept pin. If only he could commercialize this and build a few hundred of them. Anyone up for a Kickstarter investment in 'Nelson Pinball"?

#76 6 years ago

I would love an F-Zero themed pin.

Possible Features:

• Energy bar like in the game
    • Every shot or maybe only every missed shot (e.g. when a ramp post is hit) takes away a specific amount of energy.
    • If the bar reaches zero the flippers turn off and you lose your ball
    • The game would feature "recharge strips" (shots) that recharge your energy meter when the ball rolls over them.
    • Starting from your second ball (think: second lap) a turbo boost button would become active.
    • Pressing it would either give you more points per shot or maybe speed up the ball somehow, allowing you to advance faster in the game's various race modes
    • However, while the boost is active you continuously lose energy
    • "Death race" where you have to take out other vehicles, again using up energy
    • Dash zones (maybe lit shots) that increase your speed without using up energy
    • Vehicle selection with different stats:
      • Boost: How fast you advance in races/effectiveness of boost button
      • Body: amount of energy lost
      • etc.
    #77 6 years ago

I'd love to see an original theme and title again. Alas, those day are gone forever, over a long time ago.

People are always surprised to hear that the video game industry is larger and more lucrative than Hollywood. I'm surprised pinball manufactures haven't yet capitalized off of that (unless you count Gottlieb's Super Mario games). Plus, if a lasting franchise was selected, the game would have lasting appeal, and wouldn't look dated as hell in a year or two. That being said, here are my top picks:

A Legend of Zelda game ---> Timeless and creative.
    A Minecraft game ---> Could play like Junkyard, where you have to collect pieces of things to build other things.
    A Metroid game ---> This would be sort of a niche theme, but man oh man would it be good.

Really, and game franchise with a long history of goodness would be nice.

#78 6 years ago

80's Gi Joe cartoon theme would be my #1
    pasted_image.png

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

She wrapped her dam cat!
    I couldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my face sewn to the carpet
    If this isn't the biggest bag over the head punch in the face I ever got, g*dammit!

"It's the gift that keeps on giving all year long"

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Davidus56:

Amazing pin and video and accolades to Dave Nelson for building such an outstanding Buffy concept pin. If only he could commercialize this and build a few hundred of them. Anyone up for a Kickstarter investment in 'Nelson Pinball"?

Thanks! I absolutely love how this game has turned out. If only it would stay the way it is after the license holders got their say with it.

#81 6 years ago

Axis and Alliesimage.jpeg

#82 6 years ago

xmas pin

expired license
    songs
    artwork
    santa 8-80 gets it its a no brainer
    can't believe it hasn't happened already

1 week later
    #83 6 years ago

Jokerz is 75% there. Put old lady glasses on the queen, add some reindeer, and change the sound.

#84 6 years ago

Pro Pinball TimeShock!
    Waiting on development status of the finished prototype and code.
    If actually constructed, I will be first in line for a sample test game, cash in hand, and will pick the game up in person.

#85 6 years ago

Parks and Recreation - loads of classic lines from that TV series. Mouse Rat to play the soundtrack.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Every time theres one of these threads i always say Xmas pin.

#87 6 years ago

Three Stooges, man the audience is immediate - can't imagine why this hasn't been done!!! Imagine the artwork, black and white with some gold and silver thrown in - would be AWESOME!!!!

Moe, Larry Cheese!!!!

#88 6 years ago

Escape from Alcatraz, sleepy hollow, and planet of the apes would be good themes.

#89 6 years ago

Back to the Future
    Pee Wee's Playhouse
    Rocky III

#90 6 years ago

A modern Doctor Who with the new Doctors. Come on Stern!

#91 6 years ago

erkel.jpg

#92 6 years ago

- Kingsman (awesome flick, and has a 2017 sequel in the works)
    - Portal (one that's better than the Pinball FX nonsense)
    - Beavis and Butthead
    - Dark Angel or Sin City (just so I could have a Jessica Alba backglass)
    - Kill Bill (the two movies basically write the rules. Crazy 88 multiball a must)
    - An actual American Gladiators (not Gladiators and NOT the NBC remake, just the original run. Tons of toys potential)
    - Arrested Development (game must go dark after 55 pop bumper hits or 55,000,000 scored)
    - Scooby Doo or Tom and Jerry
    - Halo

#93 6 years ago

Here's a list of games I'd be willing to come out of retirement for:

Futurama
    Road House
    Anything Evil Dead
    Bible Adventures

#94 6 years ago

Matrix
    Sons of Anarchy
    Foo Fighters

#95 6 years ago

Monster High
    Calvin and Hobbes
    Mad Max
    Buffy
    A really good Star Wars

#96 6 years ago

Why not a fourth Playboy Pin ??? This time by JJP And the 26-inch High Definition LCD could display centerfolds!

Updated Corvette Pin to include all 7 generation3, being (7) levels to complete like RFMs 6 levels.
    Then the bonus levels being concept cars. JJP once again with 26" LCD, option to install of your own Corvette data: year, color, body style, trim.....

#97 6 years ago

This month's PLAYBOY is the last issue with nudity... They are rebooting in 2016 as a MAXIMish publication! So gen 4 PB could be very "family friendly"

#98 6 years ago

Jaws. My first pick and latest attempt. "As the mayor of Stern you're going to do the right thing Gary and sign the paper."
    (Gary)- " my kids were on that beach too!"

image.jpeg
    80's decade pin. Music, culture, people, cars, hell, even throw in a Gorden Gecko.

image.jpeg
    Freddy vs Jason. Based on both complete franchises. 1979 and up. We all know horror sells. FACT!

image.jpeg

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

80's decade pin. Music, culture, people, cars

I've had ideas about this and would love it, but might be tough to license (contacting all those IP's)

Quoted from benheck:

Here's a list of games I'd be willing to come out of retirement for:

Futurama
    Road House
    Anything Evil Dead
    Bible Adventures

Futurama would be guaranteed sales (including me).. easily as many as rob zombie

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I'd love to see an original theme and title again. Alas, those day are gone forever, over a long time ago.
    People are always surprised to hear that the video game industry is larger and more lucrative than Hollywood. I'm surprised pinball manufactures haven't yet capitalized off of that (unless you count Gottlieb's Super Mario games). Plus, if a lasting franchise was selected, the game would have lasting appeal, and wouldn't look dated as hell in a year or two. That being said, here are my top picks:
    A Legend of Zelda game ---> Timeless and creative.
    A Minecraft game ---> Could play like junkyard, where you have to collect pieces of things to build other things.
    A Metroid game ---> This would be sort of a niche theme, but man oh man would it be good.
    Really, and game franchise with a long history of goodness would be nice.

If you are looking to introduce Millennials to pinball, they are very big into e-sports. A game like Counterstrike is timeless. Also Dota and League of Legends. Playing for specific Power ups would work here. Personally though, I'm hoping for a Buffy, Three Stooges or Evil Dead

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside