(Topic ID: 4519)

What Pinball to get?

By Jamesiewaimsy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should I buy?”

• Shaq Attack 1 vote
      5%
    • Teed Off 2 votes
      9%
    • Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball 3 votes
      14%
    • World Soccer Challenge 2 votes
      9%
    • Dr Dude 14 votes
      64%
    • Wipeout 0 votes
    • Rescue 911 (Only vote if its much better) 0 votes

(22 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 12 years ago

This is my list due to

What I think I can get in my area, Price, Budget.

What one would you go for if any?

I have 2 from this list that I like after reading up but have not played any due the arcades staying right away from pinnys in the last 10years.

Rescue 911 Is there but a little out of price range

Thanks for the info and help.

#2 12 years ago

none the above sorry wait for something better

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperion:

+1

#4 12 years ago

This is great as its what im after.

Honesty.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesiewaimsy:

This is great as its what im after.

Honesty.

If these are your only options i would say Teed off

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperion:

+2
    johnny mnemonic is on the pinside price thing for low numbers. swords of fury too i might hold out for a low priced one of those. check the bang for buck list as well.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Hyperion:

+3

Check out the Bang4Buck section on this site for some good ideas. That said, someone wise once said, "there is no such thing as a bad pin".

#8 12 years ago

Just being in Australia really mixes things up in relation to what you can get and the price that people charge due to the fact its a very small market.

#9 12 years ago

C'mon guys, Dr. Dude isn't a bad pin at all. It's a little annoying, but kitcshy and fun.

#11 12 years ago

Wow, that is an expensive JM! I guess that's one of the downsides to being halfway around the world from where these things were originally manufactured.

#12 12 years ago

My wife is from Australia, and I don't think she'd seen a pin 'til I brought one home.

Good luck!

#13 12 years ago

It is sad that prices for pins are so high in the land down under. Dr Dude would be my pick from your selections. I hope you find one you enjoy.

#14 12 years ago

Gonna go with Dr Dude on this one.

I prefer the superior Party Zone (its sequel...sorta...and can be found at cheap prices), but Dr Dude is still pretty fun.

#15 12 years ago

Might be able to locate a Fish Tales also for $400 more.

#16 12 years ago

If you can swing the extra cash, go for the Fish Tales if you can find one in decent shape. No pinball is a "bad" game, but out of that list, FT trumps them all IMO. Other than that, I think Dr. Dude is probably the best on that list as well.

#17 12 years ago

Im selling everything I have to get FT

Sega Mega Drive
    Wii
    Atari
    DVD Box Sets
    And a heap more

HAVE TO HAVE IT.

#18 12 years ago

FT sold argh

Dr Dude seems to be getting the votes

Seeing how I go with all my selling going to try to get a T2.

#19 12 years ago

Noo not Dude???

I have the same horrible dream sometimes. I think I have gone to heaven and see an arcade through the clouds and go in only to find there are only two games-Dr D and Gilligan's island.

Then the sound from them gets louder and louder and the colours of the arcade change from whites into reds and blacks aaarrrgghghhhhh!!

The sound tracks from hell!

#20 12 years ago

Does T2 have enough depth to be someone's only home pin? I don't really think it does. It's real thin on modes.... I enjoyed playing it, but i think i'd get sick of it fast.

#21 12 years ago

DR DUDE! Gift of Gabb Bro!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pinball-to-get and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.