(Topic ID: 300282)

What pinball things that are gone do you miss?

By mrgone

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aladdins2 (resized).jpg
    B8FA27A7-23A2-4802-9DA8-A91F8DA2A4F5 (resized).jpeg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

PAPA headquarters in Carnegie. Nothing will ever compare and ReplyFX was not even close to replicating it, however I'll still miss that as well.

#52 2 years ago

Warehouse raids and barn finds.
    1980’s style pinball/arcade auctions

#53 2 years ago

I miss the musty wood smell of my Father's shop in SE Minneapolis where he ran his route out of, over 60 years ago. When I hear Johnny Horton's song Battle of New Orleans, it reminds me of the smell in that place. Must have been in a jukebox there.

I miss his old arcade at 812 Hennepin Ave. in Minneapolis. The smell of Luminal paint used on the targets in the .22 caliber gun range there.

I miss working at the .22 caliber shooting range he ran for Lieberman companies at the Minnesota State Fair until 1972.

I miss some of my old antique toy and train buddies. Sometimes at the time you don't realize what a great time you are having.

I miss RGP before the trolls pretty much ruined it.

I miss sitting in the cab of D&NE #28 when it was still in the engine house on the island in Cloquet Minnesota.

I miss Mike Pacak sitting at his table at Expo.

I miss my Capcom Kingpin. Every time it was at an event here I got to play a couple games on it.

LTG : )

#54 2 years ago

Members from RGP and here that are no longer with us.

#55 2 years ago

I really miss going up and playing games I had never seen or heard of before. It was really easy to do when I first got into the hobby, and I can still do it now and again, but there is nothing like going to a new location and experiencing 20 pinball machines on your trip that you've never seen... even if one of them is Thunderbirds...

#56 2 years ago

I really miss the second home of my youth!
    In Jamestown Mall.

aladdins2 (resized).jpgaladdins2 (resized).jpg

#57 2 years ago

2" flippers.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

I really miss the second home of my youth!
    [quoted image]

Agreed, the great arcades are all gone.

#59 2 years ago

Going to the distributor on Friday's for free lunch, playing pinball during lunch hour, maybe buying flashers/bulbs, used machines, playing the latest machines - Gilligan's Island? Awesome! .

Fun Fair in Florida - right on a causeway over the water where there were pins, machines, mini golf and a Deathrace 2000 that after playing was - that didn't appear too deathly.

More people playing pinball in general. Too much competition for free time with so many options available for time wasting at our finger tips.

Riverview Amusement Park in Chicago - from the backglass of Funhouse.

3 pinball games for a quarter. 1 for a nickel or dime.

#60 2 years ago

This Old Pinball videos!

1 month later
    #61 2 years ago

To soon to miss Museum of Pinball in Banning?
    Rows and rows and rows of pinball.
    If you attended an event there was no way to play them all in a single day.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pinball-things-that-are-gone-do-you-miss/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.