9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What pinball podcasts do you listen to? Poll-”

(0 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (1) (resized).jpg

#1 9 months ago

Over the last few months, I’ve started listening to more pinball podcasts. Most days I travel out of town for work and enjoy having something pinball related to listen to. With so many new podcasts out there, Which are you listening to?

Do you enjoy listening to pinball podcasts? Do you hate pinball podcasts? If you do or don’t, post why so it can provide additional feedback to the podcasters.

Thanks to all those who put the time and effort into the podcast- I definitely appreciate and enjoy the content.

Edit: there is an error that won’t allow the poll- sorry

#2 9 months ago

This week in pinball
    Kaneda
    Just started straight down the middle

I will only listen to podcasts that go around the hour mark

#3 9 months ago

I had a poll- but an error came up which wouldn’t allow the poll to be shown. Sorry about that. I asked one of the mods to close this thread so I could create another

#5 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here’s 12 pages for you to sift through complete with a poll.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts

Thanks crazylevi - i was trying to see which ones people listened to but the poll gave me an error. How was your tournament? Hopefully a success

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Thanks crazylevi - i was trying to see which ones people listened to but the poll gave me an error. How was your tournament? Hopefully a success

Huge fuckin boom! It really was awesome.

Highlight video coming soon.

3 weeks later
    #7 8 months ago

I listen to this one:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3wXN3sxD4lDnpMuztonply?si=VWfvCR0eRMeN7LDI5X2LNw

Also available on Google,Breaker and RadioPublic.

But I may be a bit biased.

-David (Dr. Dave)

(PS: George and Dave's Classic Pinball Podcast was months in the making and we really liked how episode one turned out. =)
    Hope you enjoy it as much as George and I enjoyed creating this with minimal editing. Just created this past Friday evening.
    Will be trying to put out a new episode out every week. Probably recording Sundays and dropping on Monday.)

#8 8 months ago

I listen to Special When Lit. I really like those guys. Kaneda is always worth a listen. I also enjoy TWIP with Menne. That’s my rotation. Every week.

#9 8 months ago

Avoid the spinner is lit. The host is nuts.
    But his dog is cool.

1 week later
    #10 8 months ago

Check out The Classic Pinball Podcast's freshly released episode 2 where we discuss this past weekend's Pintastic show and Best In Play details and exclusive game restorer interviews:

https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast

1 week later
    2 months later
    #12 5 months ago

My husband and I have been lovers of pinball for over 40 years. We really enjoy the hobby and for the most part, the great people in it. We look forward to all the happenings, conventions, tournaments, etc. and we listen to most podcasts regularly. Today, I finally have to step up and speak about one podcaster who I believe is oftentimes more harmful than helpful to the hobby. Yes, I am speaking about Mr. K, the so called number one podcaster and his #400 podcast. Many times I find him and his incessant boasting nauseating. Does he ever listen to himself? I find it sadly amusing that he claims "I get $300. an hour" but then he asks pinsiders to make donations so that he can take his wife to dinner. He tells the manufacturers that they cannot run their business without his help. If they don't accept his offer he then proceeds to bash their product; he admitted he has a vendetta against American Pinball because they slighted him by not calling him. What are his qualifications for running a company? a marketer? I doubt he has ever built, designed or created anything mechanical in his life, especially a pinball machine. Batman 66 is his self proclaimed number one game. Why? because that's the ONLY one he has (except for his TBL 'speculation in the box'). To be clear, I'm not saying he is a terrible or 'mean' person (though I do understand why others may think so). What I am saying is that what he says is often needlessly sarcastic and overly critical. Besides ripping manufacturers, have you heard him describe other podcasters' efforts? And yet, he wonders why no one will come on his podcast. He just needs to listen to himself. He also badmouths people in general on Pinside and questions why people spend so much time on it. If it is such a waste of time, why then is it that he is very much aware of everything on the site? He says people are getting angry, and they are. It seems to me though that he is instigating much of it by 'role modelling' the bad behavior that he decries. If you don't build a game the way he wants it, all he does is bitch about it. I am listening to episode 400 right now and he has finally provoked me enough that I feel compelled to make this post. His comments today have so much insincerity and wallowing in alternating bouts of self aggrandizement and self pity that they are hard to ignore. The only value of his podcasts to me are his insights as to what may be coming 'down the road' in new machines, etc. But for that, I would choose to simply ignore him and his antics. I find it hard to believe that he is the TWIP winner for 2 years now and he is the only podcaster that is already actively campaigning to be number 1 again. I do hope the voters send a message by not voting for him. He could really benefit from a dose of humility.

#13 5 months ago

They really don't talk about pinball, but are way funnier and more interesting than some of the pinball podcast drones that I have sampled.

download (1) (resized).jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 89.99
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 18.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Top-Notch Target Shields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside