(Topic ID: 199989)

What pinball machines have the best skill shots?

By pinmister

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1515f1 (resized).jpg
image-12 (resized).jpg
skillshot (resized).jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Mustang has 3 great skill shots that pay off with points and more importantly, Power Shifts (in Premium/LE games):

1) Finesse plunge to land the ball in the "Sneak In" pocket just short of entering the top rollover lanes area

2) Hold left flipper in and make shot to scoop

3) Hold left flipper in and hit center GEARS drop target at same time its red insert is lit

#52 6 years ago

Aerosmith - but they need to officially recognize it as a skill shot in the code...

#53 6 years ago

The best skill shot for me is Super Skill Shot in CCC. You can get into different modes and even get Tribute to play snipits of MB, CV, TAF ,SS FH. Very cool!

#54 6 years ago

Pinbot vortex ramp love? (when it actually works right)

#55 6 years ago

To me skill shot plungers are a must have in pinball. I never got the button fire concept - but maybe someone can enlighten me as to which button launch games also require skill.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

To me skill shot plungers are a must have in pinball. I never got the button fire concept - but maybe someone can enlighten me as to which button launch games also require skill.

Walking dead does....

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I really like the skill shot in Congo. It's so good it earned its own mode in the game.

Super-skill shot is awesome!

#58 6 years ago

Banzai Run. Got to get the weight just right. You get points (increasing with each successful skill shot) and it takes you straight to The Hill.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Quoted from tamoore:

Walking dead does....

Presuming you mean the premium/LE crossbow shot, then I agree (and every shot from it feels very rewarding). Otherwise, BSD has some degree of timing involved, but I also generally agree that most button fire skillshots are dull.

Rob Zombie is one of the more fun skillshots to see in action IMO, and hard to make.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

which button launch games also require skill.

X-files:
EVERY shot is a skill shot!

(except, of course, the file cabinet)

#61 6 years ago

Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man is a toughie.

#62 6 years ago

This might sound like a dumb question, but does it HAVE to be from the plunger? If not, then mine would be the cannon broadside shot on Black Rose. Damn thing is harder to make than a flipper shot. Otherwise I'm pretty much a fan of any that aren't flipper skill shots or the Last Action Hero skill shot (it has a habit of overshooting all the drop targets )

#63 6 years ago

No flip double skill shot for Kiss

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No flip double skill shot for Kiss
» YouTube video

Couldn't see much

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Schmoe:

This might sound like a dumb question, but does it HAVE to be from the plunger?

No.

As you can see on the flyer for Magic Clock, hitting the swinging target is described as being a "real skill shot" long before somebody coined the term otherwise.

1515f1 (resized).jpg1515f1 (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago

Of course there are many modern games that don't have plungers at all and their described skill shots involve using the flippers as well.

And even some that do have plungers require use of the flippers to make the skill shot.

#67 6 years ago

Elvis is a good one for having a beginner (lit roll-over target) and advanced (moving drop-target) skill shots.

#68 6 years ago

Have a love/hate relationship with The Machine BOP, but plunging is always fun. The skill shot has a similar physical ramp thing to TOTAN except way more wild because of the way the ball bumps around. It can be worth a lot if you get a few locks and an extra ball and has a great "Whoo Hoo!" for hitting the 200.

1 month later
#69 6 years ago

I saw this video for Metallica, I am going to have to try it...

#70 6 years ago

Bally x's &o's that game is all about the skill shot .

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I saw this video for Metallica, I am going to have to try it...
» YouTube video

Oh you gotta know that trick.

Big Guns is another super hard one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 209.00
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pinball-machines-have-the-best-skill-shots/page/2?hl=dookski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.