• 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Archer600
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BBB (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

If you are into Metallica, I'd suggest Metallica. It's a TOP game, excellent player. It will also be easier to find and cheaper than an AFM (I know you say this isn't a concern, but trust me, it is.)

You can still buy them brand new or close to brand new easily, and this should be a reliable machine for you. I'd avoid a 90s game at this point since you are a total newbie and life is short - you want a working machine that will stay that way.

You may also consider a MMremake. These are around $8K brand new and I believe they aren't too hard to find - I've been at shows where you could pick them up right there new in the box. MM is one of the best games ever made, in the family of AFM, and should be reliable as the MMremake is a brand new machine.

I wouldn't overthink this one - and I'd avoid older, overly complex games (TZ and STTNG come to mind) that may be troublesome.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

crazylevi So as to what I am getting from your post, older machines are not as reliable and would probably need repairs and/or work done on them eventually? Also, what are the chances of finding older machines in new condition? Pretty much not existent?

Yes, nonexistent. No chance of finding a 90s game in new condition. You could get a fully restored like new one, but that's north of $10,000 and they aren't just gonna grow on trees. I know you say money is no object but I assure you that will factor in.

Older games CAN be reliable but let's face it, they are 20+ years old and the chance, even of a nice one, of issues is much higher than if you buy a brand new game. Any time you buy something used you really have no idea what your are getting.

As I said you can get a Medivial Madness (remake) brand new, these are easy to find and $8,000. This might be your best bet if you want a 90s game.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If restored and bulletproofed, older games can be just as reliable as new machines, IMHO. There are plenty of hobbyists and retail shops that restore and sell older games.
Either new or old machines can have problems or fail completely. That's just the nature of pinball machines--they are complex pieces of equipment with lots of moving parts and a steel ball that smashes into everything.

One thing to keep in mind is he isn't buying this game himself, and he'd probably rather have the machine sooner than later.

I think we'd all agree the easiest way to accomplish getting a reliable game in this case is to buy something new.

#30 7 years ago

Great, so this thread is turning into a show and tell thread on the 4 NIB 90s games in the world.

Dude has fuckin cancer and you are gonna send him on a wild goose chase for a $15,000 NIB 90s game he might not even like, or some restored classic for the same price. And one lunatic even suggested a wizard of oz.

Big picture people. He should get an NIB Metallica or Star Trek and he should get it soon.

#32 7 years ago

No differences. Mmr plays the same. Except faster and newer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pinball-machine-should-i-get?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.