5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bluespin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

how many where destroyed

#2 5 years ago

Ballyhoo

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

The games that had high production numbers would also be the games that have been scrapped the most
    Captain Fantastic, an EM with high production numbers, would have been dumped once their earnings dropped due to the introduction of solid state
    Also Gottlieb sys1 were dumped due to the unfixable (at the time) nature of the mother board

If a machine does not make money for an operator, it is trashed for one that will

#4 5 years ago

Spectrum has to be the most destroyed without ever being operated. The E.T. of pinball.

#5 5 years ago

Thousand and thousands of bingos.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #6 5 years ago

Flash!!!

19,000 made and I have seen maybe 5-6 total in the Phoenix Area. I've seen hundreds of TAF's and dozens and dozens of eight balls, but for some reason all the Flash's from that era are gone. I have seen 5-6 local copies of games from that era that they only made 1000 or so of (Solar Fire being one)

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Thousand and thousands of bingos.

Yes damn near all of the dime bingos from the 60's and 70's.

#8 5 years ago

I was actually gonna say flash too. I’d bet a lot of these were scrapped out based on the numbers and the fact they weren’t very valuable

#9 5 years ago

It is all relative. More important is what is the percentage of any given game made that were destroyed in my mind. For example only 600 Shrek made of which 300 were meant for the US market and a lot of these went to Chuckie Cheese, and as they do not sell game at the end, they destroyed them. In my mind that is why there are only 61 pinsiders that own Shrek according to pinside.

#10 5 years ago

Gottlieb system one, Gottieb 80 series and Atari pins.

I was at Texas Pinside Festival a couple of years ago and met the owner of one of the two arcades that I played at in the 80s. I asked him what he did with all the pins and arcades that he had when he closed the arcade in 84. He kept a few pins that he liked but had to toss most in the dumpster due to not a lot of storage room at home.

He said the first pins he tossed were all of the Ataris because they broke down all the time. Then he tossed all of the Gottliebs except for Black Hole and Haunted House, because Gottliebs broke down all the time also.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pinball-machine-had-the-most-destroyed-?hl=bertie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.