(Topic ID: 101117)

What pinball machine are you restoring or shopping out right now?

By halo2jak

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by SuS
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
284413-i.jpg
284412-i.jpg
284411-i.jpg
284407-i.jpg
284410-i.jpg
284409-i.jpg
284408-i.jpg
284406-i.jpg
IMG_20140917_174432_267-810.jpg
IMG_20140917_174312_501.jpg
IMG_20140917_174121_989.jpg
IMG_20140915_184655_424.jpg
IMG_20140915_174929_764.jpg
IMG_20140915_174648_924.jpg
IMG_20140913_124809_554.jpg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

Williams Firepower gets another vote... one of my original favorites but my field is really torn up. Wish I had grabbed the CPR field when it was around.....

#52 9 years ago

Williams Firepower is my current project. Sure wish I had sprund for the CPR playfield though. My favorite game would have been worth the commitment.

#53 9 years ago

Started this Fire! 3.5 yrs ago I have acquired all new parts the majority of wich are NOS ,,,,,,,cabinet has been done for a cuple months new CPR playfield to arrive on Wed.....image-222.jpgimage-222.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#54 9 years ago

Nothing its been a lazy summer for me.

#55 9 years ago

Currently shopping out a Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard for route. Got the base cleaning done, gonna do the lamps this afternoon. Turning out pretty well but man this game has the most posts of any project I've done so far. Gonna need another 20 from Marco, lol... Also the metal is shining up awful nice, especially for not using polish!

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-516.jpgimage-516.jpg
image-972.jpgimage-972.jpg

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

Started this Fire! 3.5 yrs ago I have acquired all new parts the majority of wich are NOS ,,,,,,,cabinet has been done for a cuple months new CPR playfield to arrive on Wed.....

image.jpg 62 KB

image-222.jpg 61 KB

That cabinet is beautiful. The woodgrain isn't original is it?

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Nice take on pinball rotisserie cart. Can the playfields rotate around too or you just physically lift them out and flip them over?

They rotate and pivot.

#58 9 years ago

Here's what I'm restoring an LAH the playfield is just about ready for the clearcoat.New side rails,lockdown bar,coin door,all of the black carriage bolts replaced and new lock bar receiver.Legs powdercoated pearl yellow.MikeDSCN0720.JPGDSCN0720.JPGDSCN0719.JPGDSCN0719.JPG

#59 9 years ago

This is a Sttng that I am getting back to a respectable state of condition. This was a game that someone hacked to shit for a quick flip (lipstick on a pig ) . Sttng has to be one of the more complicated games out there. Starting to make a difference and the old hacks are almost all gone . It is really sad what some do to pinball machines for a quick profit !

IMG_5232.JPGIMG_5232.JPG IMG_5235.JPGIMG_5235.JPG IMG_5238.JPGIMG_5238.JPG
#60 9 years ago

TZ at the moment

TZ_shop.jpgTZ_shop.jpg
#61 9 years ago

Damn you people, your workspace, and your brilliant solutions.

HAving the monitor up there to display pics above the rotisserie? FREAKING BRILLIANT.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Isn't CPR coming out with Medusa playfields soon? I've got a lot more NOS clearcoated playfields that couldn't fit into that pic like Stingray, Quick Draw, Mata Hari, Bobby Orr Power Play, Eight Ball. Just need a boat load of time to do them all.

Yes but pre orders are sold out and that well I forgot about putting my name down

#63 9 years ago

Spectrum been in home storage since 1989 all original just doing the upper play field
image-44.jpgimage-44.jpgimage-570.jpgimage-570.jpgimage-115.jpgimage-115.jpgimage-539.jpgimage-539.jpgimage-924.jpgimage-924.jpgimage-553.jpgimage-553.jpgimage-459.jpgimage-459.jpg

#64 9 years ago

Yeah your guys set ups are amazing! I was so excited to build my basic workbench rotisserie on friday, but that has been put to shame looking at everyones pics lol.

#65 9 years ago

Just finished repairing a few minor problems with an El Toro for a friend this weekend...

Now I'm on Secret Service. Just finished the power supply rebuild and went over and repaired and updatd a few things on the MPU. I am aiming for a Chi expo trade/sale on it.

Added some pics to this post I took today:

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG
photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG
photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPG
photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

I am done with SecSer now. I am now on High Speed PF swap. Firepower PF swap is next...

#66 9 years ago

Starting Corvette!

WP_20140824_20_11_28_Pro.jpgWP_20140824_20_11_28_Pro.jpg
#67 9 years ago

I just Picked up this Pink Panther today that I hope to start soon. It was sitting in this old couple's basement for 30 years! They just needed someone who could get it out of their basement and they just gave it to me. Nicest couple in the world. My best find ever.

PP1.jpgPP1.jpg
PP2.jpgPP2.jpg

#68 9 years ago

Just started today on my Meteor
IMG_20140824_194022.jpgIMG_20140824_194022.jpg

#69 9 years ago

I am currently shopping Williams Indiana Jones And Loving it.

#70 9 years ago

As KingNine said we are doing a Firepower that we just discovered has a very early production playfield. Still has factory installed switches installed behind the standup targets that actually score.
The playfield is of course factory drilled as well for the extra switches underneath as well as holes for the original drop targets.
We have two extra drop target banks on the way in case we decide to tackle the swap out in the future.
Still can't believe we stumbled on such a great find.

IMG_1462.JPGIMG_1462.JPG IMG_1465.JPGIMG_1465.JPG
#71 9 years ago

right now.....image-302.jpgimage-302.jpg

#72 9 years ago

Putting a clearcoated PF in Frontier
IMG_1468.JPGIMG_1468.JPG

#73 9 years ago

Fixer837 said:
Started this Fire! 3.5 yrs ago I have acquired all new parts the majority of wich are NOS ,,,,,,,cabinet has been done for a cuple months new CPR playfield to arrive on Wed.....

image.jpg 62 KB

image-222.jpg 61 KB

That cabinet is beautiful. The woodgrain isn't original is it?

No this was originally a standard version with the brown paint, I sanded it down and then layed oak veneer on it before staining and clearing, then new decals were custom remade by a buddy of mine, after laying decals was cleared again multiple times. All metal parts were done in an antique brass.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I have been working on my Jurassic Park. I have been working on the blown out scoop holes. The hardest part is to match the colors since I am color blind (Cliffys will be covering the area anyway, but I wanted to build up the wood so the Cliffys don't deform). My wife spent the summer in Florida, so I was texting her cell phone pictures to have her help me mix the colors.
While I have it torn down, I decided to make several mods (lighted backboard, lighted banner plastic, and east dock sign) which have slowed me down. I am on lighted backboard attempted 2.0 after a 1.0 fail...

Your hole repairs look great. May I ask what you used to repair the worn areas around the scoop holds, Wood filler? type? thanks,

DSCI0627.JPG 489 KB

DSCI0598.JPG 542 KB

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I just Picked up this Pink Panther today that I hope to start soon. It was sitting in this old couple's basement for 30 years! They just needed someone who could get it out of their basement and they just gave it to me. Nicest couple in the world. My best find ever.

So jealous! what a fantastic game, and rare too! Great find!

#76 9 years ago

AFM - playfield just put back in the cabinet, but still a few things solder and tidy-up.

#77 9 years ago

Here are some pics of a Popeye I picked up from a local laundromat. It was always broken and filthy to boot. It got the total teardown treatment. She is really shinning now and almost working perfectly. Pics are before, during and after.

!!popeye4.jpg!!popeye4.jpg
!!popeye5.jpg!!popeye5.jpg

!!popeye7.jpg!!popeye7.jpg
#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Your hole repairs look great. May I ask what you used to repair the worn areas around the scoop holds, Wood filler? type?

I used JB Weld to fill the damaged areas. I followed the process they described in the old This Old Pinball tapes (I think it was the "Lost in the Zone" one, but it may have been the "Pinball Isn't Dead, It Just Smells Funny" one).

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I used JB Weld to fill the damaged areas. I followed the process they described in the old This Old Pinball tapes (I think it was the "Lost in the Zone" one, but it may have been the "Pinball Isn't Dead, It Just Smells Funny" one).

Yes. I have that DVD and now I remember clay using JB weld and cardboard to make circle mold of some type. What color did you paint the JB Weld or leave it natural? Thanks. i have a JP that I would like to do the same repair to..

#80 9 years ago

Comet and centaur II currently. Last night I dropped the removed wire harness on the comet playfiled while the centaur clear job I just did cures.... Yikes. Anyone have any good methods for reassembly, like should I start with all coils and larger assembilies first? This is the first entire reassembly I've done. I took plenty of pictures, but it is just an overwhelming mess right now.

#81 9 years ago

Elvira and the Party Monsters- Working on the inside and back box paint job right now. Hoping to get the new decals on and start putting it back together soon. Still deciding on a Powder coat color for the rails etc.

#82 9 years ago

Just last week I picked up a DE Checkpoint at auction. Doing some cleaning and cabinet touch ups first. My board repair guy is coming by on the weekend to get the DMD back up and running. the diagnostic will tell the rest of the tale.
The ramp is very hard to find...

#83 9 years ago

D'ope, Marco is out of the plastic posts I need. I'm counting nearly 50 on this game. I guess you need that many for not using ball guide rails on the upper playfield.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Yes. I have that DVD and now I remember clay using JB weld and cardboard to make circle mold of some type. What color did you paint the JB Weld or leave it natural? Thanks. i have a JP that I would like to do the same repair to..

I used cardboard with wax paper stapled to it for my mold. I then used some files that I bought at Harbor Freight to shape the JP Weld after it dried, followed with sanding. I just used the acrylic paints as mentioned in the TOPs video to paint the JB Weld after I was finished sanding it. I mixed a couple of tan colors to try and get a color that matches the plywood, mixed yellows/oranges for some of the colored areas, and used black and white out of the bottles for those colors. I wish I could match paint better (particularly the tan and the orange by the "C" scoop), but I think I did okay for a color blind guy. I put Verithane over the acrylic paint to protect it.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I used cardboard with wax paper stapled to it for my mold. I then used some files that I bought at Harbor Freight to shape the JP Weld after it dried, followed with sanding. I just used the acrylic paints as mentioned in the TOPs video to paint the JB Weld after I was finished sanding it. I mixed a couple of tan colors to try and get a color that matches the plywood, mixed yellows/oranges for some of the colored areas, and used black and white out of the bottles for those colors. I wish I could match paint better (particularly the tan and the orange by the "C" scoop), but I think I did okay for a color blind guy. I put Verithane over the acrylic paint to protect it.

Your repair looks great, colorblind or not. thanks. alot..

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Dallas people coming out of the woodwork all over the place on Pinside lately...Nice work. That yellow looks spot on, and like you said, the rest will be covered anyways.
This is my new turd-to-not-turd conversion project. Yes, the ENTIRE original playfield is planked like that. That's WOOD.

image.jpeg 618 KB
image_6.jpeg 644 KB

This is how much of my Joust was. Bally Joust. It's an eternal feeling project because I have too many things going on to work on it now. Hoping to get started up on it again soon. I just want it done.

#87 9 years ago

here you go guys just finished levelling, polishing and waxing the new clear on firepower

photo (2).JPGphoto (2).JPG

photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 1 (2).JPG

photo 3 (2).JPGphoto 3 (2).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPG

photo 4 (2).JPGphoto 4 (2).JPG

#88 9 years ago

Anyone used a full playfield graphics overly? I have an EBD, that is beyond my ability to retouch.

Do they have to be clear coated, after installation?
How do they play?

#89 9 years ago

Working on a space shuttle restore at the moment.

#90 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgComplete DP WW restoration that's about 95% complete. HEP restored the PF and I'm doing the rest. This is my first attempt and have loved every minute of it even though it's going on 18 months! We moved after starting so that didn't help the timeline.

PF resto: http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album506

image-730.jpgimage-730.jpg
image-556.jpgimage-556.jpg

image-872.jpgimage-872.jpg
image-541.jpgimage-541.jpg

Post edited by mac622: Dupe pic

#91 9 years ago

Sopranos is almist done, just need to make a plastic. Game show is still torn apart, but I got shiny new pop bumper parts

newpops.jpgnewpops.jpg
#92 9 years ago

We are working on a Strikes and Spares. Nitro Ground Shaker and friend's Laser Ball..

Just gettting them up and working and learning as we go... The Ms. has a nack for cleaning all the fun dirt and stuffs from the insides and playfields....

Need a Comet restored-painted.-touched up. if anyone can help with that. Playfields mostly.

Pm me if you can ...

THX> NT.

#93 9 years ago

Gottlieb Aquarius

Aquarius playfieldAquarius playfield

Aquarius backglassAquarius backglass

#94 9 years ago

I worked on the Sec. Ser. some more. Still need to work out one weak coil problem and an issue with the ball eater but the game plays.

#95 9 years ago

a Rocket Ship woodrail & El Dorado EMs.......

#96 9 years ago

I just finished a Gottlieb "Devils Dare", Play field art restore. Next up, Williams "Jungle Lord" .

playfield 002.JPGplayfield 002.JPG playfield 019.JPGplayfield 019.JPG Devils Dare Finished 014.JPGDevils Dare Finished 014.JPG Devils Dare Finished 045.JPGDevils Dare Finished 045.JPG playfield 020.JPGplayfield 020.JPG playfield 020-188.JPGplayfield 020-188.JPG Devils Dare Finished 040.JPGDevils Dare Finished 040.JPG
#97 9 years ago

How'd you do the PF art restore on Devil's Dare? I have a NOS PF I can swap but would like to hear what you did

#98 9 years ago

Just finished Corvette. In the middle of Frankenstein. F-14 Tomcat next on the hit parade, then will switch gears and try an EM - Time Zone.

Mine are just amateur hobbyist restores. Nothing like some of the things posted here. I don't have a rotisserie, can't match paint to save my life, and have no understanding of electricity and circuitry. I do have patience, a willingness to learn by doing, and a great resource here in all you knowledgeable Pinsiders.

I'm having a blast!

#99 9 years ago

During the month of September I work on all the games every year because the 1st of November is party time. Dont miss this years 12th annual 12 hours of pinball party.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

IMG_0041.JPGIMG_0041.JPG IMG_0020.JPGIMG_0020.JPG IMG_0042.JPGIMG_0042.JPG
#100 9 years ago

Starting on Charlies Angels, waiting on my Marco order to get everything working, then playfield touch up and clearcoat treatment.

image-876.jpgimage-876.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 70.00
$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pinball-machine-are-you-restoring-or-shopping-out-right-now/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.