(Topic ID: 180234)

What Pinball Feature from the Past, would you like back?

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 165 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by toyotaboy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

twlight-zone-pinball-machine-poweball-picture-bally.jpg
Viper (resized).jpg
BrideOfPinbot (resized).png
xenon (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
IMG_2209 (resized).JPG
3ball (resized).JPG
mirror_tint_car (resized).JPG
gtb_diamondlil2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2178 (resized).JPG
totem (resized).jpg
IMG_1066 (resized).JPG
IMG_1065 (resized).JPG
totan mag (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago

I miss how back in the day all games were produced and available before anyone paid for them, with none of this preorder drama, boutique promises, multi-year waits, and hobbyists at each others' throats over who got games and who got screwed.

And bells! Bells are classic. Even on TV shows depicting someone playing a modern game, they dub in sound effects of bells.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Real backglasses would be nice. I think Avengers was the last game with a real backglass.

Rob Zombie has a real backglass

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Real backglasses would be nice. I think Avengers was the last game with a real backglass.
Having a real glass backglass makes a huge difference.

Dominos by Spooky has real glass... I bought the alternate glass to hang up in my game room.

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG

#154 7 years ago

Nice that Spooky is using real glass! I had no idea. I sure do like that company a great deal.

#155 7 years ago

Zipper-flippers! The way they snap together is just so satisfying! And of course once the flippers are closed every angle is totally different to before bringing a new challenge to the game, lots of fun!

#156 7 years ago

Love Zipper Flippers!

Zipper Flippers and Magna Slings!

1 week later
#157 7 years ago

Here's another feature I would like to see return: the reverse droptarget in between the flippers that acts as a ballsave. It was used on Gottlieb's Hot Shots. I always found that a very simple but effective ball saver.

#158 7 years ago

Games that are actually finished on day 1. Playing games with unfinished code is boring as batshit.

Other features that need to come back:
*Large drop target banks (like in El Dorado)
*Innovative lower playfield layouts
*Gobble holes- only on games with short ball times
*Bullseye targets
*Pop bumpers that actually have a purpose
*Powerfields

#159 7 years ago

Shiny metallic fembots!

xenon (resized).jpgxenon (resized).jpg

BrideOfPinbot (resized).pngBrideOfPinbot (resized).png

Viper (resized).jpgViper (resized).jpg

#160 7 years ago

Finding games on route that are fully functional

#161 7 years ago

Power ball

twlight-zone-pinball-machine-poweball-picture-bally.jpgtwlight-zone-pinball-machine-poweball-picture-bally.jpg

#162 7 years ago

20c a game.

Wishful thinking I know given the prices of new machines and the average rate of return.

#163 7 years ago

roto-targets
vari-targets
zipper-flippers
instant-on of an EM or Sys80 like Genesis ( )
in-line drops
drops
prices

asymmetrical and occasionally non-italian style bottoms

#164 7 years ago

I have no problems with pricing knowing what operators eek out as a living. 75 cents for a new stern, hell $1 is fine (but give me 3 games for $2). A lot of places will do $400/year for free play, which breaks down to $33/month, or about a dollar per day. Really when you think about what we spend on pinball, it's almost worth it to pay someone else to keep them running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pinball-feature-from-the-past-would-you-like-back/page/4?hl=jreedie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.