9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by drbond
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I am going to pick up a restored TAF with new cabinet that is clear coated or very nice IJ (willams) or a huo TZ . I can get one what will fit nice in my collection? I have HUO MM,HUO CV,MB,RFM,GNR,STTP,SM,BDK,IM,POTC,LOTR,AVATAR LE,FYG, Thanks

#3 9 years ago

A redone ATF or HUO TZ over the IJ. ( I just think both are better designs). Depending on price diff , I would go with the ATF personally. I think you have a better chance of picking up a nice TZ down the road anyway ( actually that is the decision I made about 6 months ago myself). IMHO

#4 9 years ago

I think everyone on the internet knows what's in your pin collection, no need to keep listing it. : P

#5 9 years ago

Tatman has an outstanding collection and He asks our opinions as collecters and hobbyest about additions to his collection which I feel happy to give him my opinion.That is what makes this a big family here at Pinside.

#6 9 years ago

TZ or TAF.....if you want the extra challenge TZ. I like TAF better as TZ can be a drain monster!

#7 9 years ago

I would also have to say TZ, I just can't stop playing mine, its my go to machine...

#8 9 years ago

I need to support Scooter here as well. We all love our collections and maybe are too involved but that's why it's is our hobby. This is a great group and I envy every ones collection.

#9 9 years ago

Definitely get the TZ! The best game of the three and in HUO state it seems like the best choice. And please keep listing your collection it's so good no pin lover should ever grow tired of seeing that list, the best abbreviations in the world!

#10 9 years ago

tatman,

I recall you mentioning that you had never played a TZ. Is this still the case?

#11 9 years ago

Never played it. I am going Sunday morning to play all 3. I will come home with one of them. My collection changes alot that why I posted the list

#12 9 years ago

Hard to believe,with your collection you have never played TZ Tatman. Without a doubt, get TZ!

#13 9 years ago

Be sure to let us know why you chose whatever you end up choosing! It will be interesting to see what you think after about playing each one. As all 3 are top 10 of all time, you cannot really go wrong. I have not played IJ yet.

#14 9 years ago

I have not played TAF and love my IJ. That being said, given your preference for fast and flowing games I would not go with TZ. But, since TZ does not really play like any of the games you have, it will round out your collection nicely. This is part of the reason I want one, because it isn't like my others. So two sides of the same argument I guess.

#15 9 years ago

tatman,

Given how often you move pins in and out of your basement, I'm amazed you haven't permanently injured your spine yet.

#16 9 years ago

Hey, more power to you on your collection. However, since you have pretty much "everything" asking which one would "fit in" is bit like Imelda Marcos asking which new pair of shoes would fit in with her collection. Bottom line, ANY pin would fit in with your current lineup. Having said that, I would say the IJ is the least likely to fit in based on looks. Go with TAF based on theme/looks, then TZ. But it's really a tie.

#17 9 years ago

"But, since TZ does not really play like any of the games you have, it will round out your collection nicely ..."

Actually, TZ is kind of similar to TSPP in many respects. They are both multiple flipper, stop-and-go type games with cool mini-playfields and deep rules. Come to think of it, FG is somewhat in this same vein as well. But I do agree that TZ would make a nice addition to tatman's collection.

#18 9 years ago

I like all three of them and you won't go wrong with any of them. I think that TAF and IJ have the best flow. I am keeping my eyes open for a TZ, it is the top of the wishlist when the funds come around. If only they grew on trees.

#19 9 years ago

I forgot he just got the TSPP. Wasn't there when I visited two months ago. Nor was the LOTR or the Avatar. Hard to keep up with all the changes.

#20 9 years ago

Thanks for all the input. Can't wait to play all 3.

#21 9 years ago

Although i personally enjoy Indy best of the three i would say Twilight would round out your collection best.With Addams i just dont see what everyone else seems to love(bar the top flipper shot up ramp is pretty cool) Its not i think its a bad game just nowhere close to top 10! But thats just me.

#22 9 years ago

"With Addams, I just don't see what everyone else seems to love ..."

I tend to feel the same way, despite being a huge Lawlor fan. I recall liking it a lot back in the day, but my recent experiences have been somewhat of a letdown. Then again, I've never played one in really excellent shape. This is precisely why I haven't posted a review of the game yet. In order to fairly judge it, I'd like to get in some serious time on a pristine example.

#23 9 years ago

I enjoy TZ the best out of all three. But you really can't go wrong with any.

#24 9 years ago

Get some good time on all three to see which machine tickles your fancy, tatman.

As for me...as much as I love, IJ & TAF, for a home collection...you really can't go wrong with Twilight Zone. The game rules are so incredibly deep, you will only truly appreciate it within a home environment.

I try not to play mine when I need to get something done. The game devours free time, as you try to learn all the crazy shots.

Add this to the fact that TZ may be **THE** Bally/Williams to own if you like adding mods. You might want to take that into consideration tatman, since you like pimping your machines out hardcore.

So many stupid/oddball/tacky and sometimes AWESOME TZ mods people add into their machines. Every TZ that I have seen from an owner, had a bit of the owner's personality in the machine because of the specified mods. Can't really say that about a lot of pins out there.

#25 9 years ago

you might also want to get something a bit more old school to switch it up, maybe a firepower or gorgar or other early ss games - just so you not thinking about rules and multiball as much, but just staying alive and going for high score. When we play in tournaments its always nice to get on some old games and get back to the basics for a bit.

But TZ is a great game as well as TAF but these have sentimental value to me so I might be bias growing up with these. As soon as I hear addams family brings back great memories of the arcade days.

#26 9 years ago

Waiting to see which one you picked out.

#27 9 years ago

So I bought the restored taf and the HUO IJ . I only brought home the Addams. Will pick up IJ next weekend. The Addams looks better then new. New cabinet the cabinet is clearcoated will post pics tonight.Thanks Goughs417 for going with me.

#28 9 years ago

I hope with your collection you've put some of that millions of yours into a good home alarm system .. hehehehe

I gotta visit sometime as you are less than 4 hours from me.

#29 9 years ago

So why did you not choose TZ? Interested as so many people love it and I want to know if I am missing something?

#30 9 years ago

I liked the other better,Better flow. I think i just dont get TZ. I think i would have to really read all the rules. Its seemed like alot of stop and go. I dont think it is a bad game. I will some day get one.

#31 9 years ago

Agree with Tatman...Twilight for me is a great game but because its style of stop start game play would only find its way into my collection after perhaps the 9th or 10th pinball purchase.So far i have 4 machines so Twilight a little way off yet..but will be in my line up one day!

#32 9 years ago

I sold my TZ because of the stop and go aspect. Though it is amazing. I did not care for the flow. Congrats!

#33 9 years ago

Can't wait to see pics of that TAF playfield. I rarely see one thats in better than decent shape.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 11.00
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside