Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

060A7A74-F213-466A-A2F6-D1555CA918EF (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

We're seeing some of these go for $5-6K+ recently. Just a little while ago one of these was worth in the ~$3K range. I wonder what other pin will have a reemergence as a high value pin and jump up in price. Many of these old Bally/Williams pins have a lot in terms of toys and atmosphere when compared to some of the newer pins. Also, with Chicago Gaming introducing more A tier pins back into the wild, we're seeing availability of some titles go up and prices go down.

What do others think?

#2 5 years ago

Listed for, and actually sold for, are significantly different things.

Also, a fully restored one, with new, cc'd playfield, new ramps, pinsound, color dmd, no cab fade/flawless cab art is probably what you are referring to. And I would say $4500 for something like that.

Next sleeper? Hard to say, as everyone hopes their machines are the next sleepers.

In before the flood of "Congo!!!"...

#3 5 years ago

There's always pins that sell for too much, but to answer your question, I would guess and say Judge Dredd. Pure speculation though. I didn't buy it for future value though, just on "sleeper" status and reviews.

#4 5 years ago

I don't think your average Dracula is anywhere close to a $5,000 or $6,000 game. I sold one for $3,000 this past year. I previously had it listed for $3,500 and didn't get any nibbles. Lowered it to $3,000 and it sold instantly. I think $3,000 to $4,000 is still it's fair market value in most areas. Granted there are perhaps some high end restorations that might bring a premium.

Anyway, most of those middle tier 90s DMD machines have doubled in value in the past 5-7 years. I'm thinking of games like The Shadow, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Congo, Fish Tales, Judge Dread, etc. Some machines like Congo, or more recently Baywatch, trend upwards slightly faster then the market, but I don't think it's by all that much. In general, I feel like the market is being driven from the top down. So first new machines increase, then each tier seems to increase in price from the "best" to "worst". If you're asking which machines currently have the most upward mobility. I still think it's the less popular 80s era Bally and Gottlieb. I'd also toss in most EMs.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

We're seeing some of these go for $5-6K+ recently. Just a little while ago one of these was worth in the ~$3K range. I wonder what other pin will have a reemergence as a high value pin and jump up in price. Many of these old Bally/Williams pins have a lot in terms of toys and atmosphere when compared to some of the newer pins. Also, with Chicago Gaming introducing more A tier pins back into the wild, we're seeing availability of some titles go up and prices go down.
What do others think?

So, one guy paid a lot. It's still a $3k-something pin. And that's a plenty large leap from the $1200 it used to be worth. Let's not get carried away here.

I'm not a fan of this recent price-pumping movent that B pins are now $5k-$6k. That's NIB money. That's Monster Bash money. Keep dreaming guys.

#6 5 years ago

I do think the remakes have put a cap on the market. Today, $6,500 is my high end limit for your 90s DMD (or equivalent). Everything else is just a value calculation compared to those games. I think those mid-tier games increased because there were people, like me, who thought, "It sure seems like a better deal to buy Fish Tales, Jurassic Park, The Shadow, and Dracula instead of Medieval Madness." Now they are closer to a two to one value, which seems more reasonable.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

So, one guy paid a lot. It's still a $3k-something pin. And that's a plenty large leap from the $1200 it used to be worth. Let's not get carried away here.
I'm not a fan of this recent price-pumping movent that B pins are now $5k-$6k. That's NIB money. That's Monster Bash money. Keep dreaming guys.

People want it bad enough, they wiil pay....

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think your average Dracula is anywhere close to a $5,000 or $6,000 game. I sold one for $3,000 this past year. I previously had it listed for $3,500 and didn't get any nibbles. Lowered it to $3,000 and it sold instantly. I think $3,000 to $4,000 is still it's fair market value in most areas. Granted there are perhaps some high end restorations that might bring a premium.
Anyway, most of those middle tier 90s DMD machines have doubled in value in the past 5-7 years.

Best 3k I ever spent...made a few upgrades and logged over 1,000 plays!

060A7A74-F213-466A-A2F6-D1555CA918EF (resized).jpeg060A7A74-F213-466A-A2F6-D1555CA918EF (resized).jpeg
#9 5 years ago

Yeah, I still like Dracula, but with TNA and Metallica coming in something had to go. Glad you are putting it to use.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Best 3k I ever spent...made a few upgrades and logged over 1,000 plays!
[quoted image]

Are you getting a color dmd , they look nice

#11 5 years ago

I bought my Dracula for around $3,080 (USD) + shipping. A few years ago, people won’t pay more than $2,000 for Dracula. It seems like I am one of the people who pushed the price up in 2018. Anyway, the next pin I believe will go up in value would be Dataeast Time Machine. Great theme, great music and the rules are easy to understand.

#12 5 years ago

QUICKSILVER

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Are you getting a color dmd , they look nice

Yup, I plan to add a color dmd and pinsound next yr sometime. Right now upgrading the single leds to comet 2smds. Already added medisinyls switch covers, new plastics, red led speaker lights, red led flipper buttons, rottendog dmd board, and new playfield glass. I’m never getting rid of it so I’m setting it up how I want. Still gotta do nvram, forgot to take board to expo.

#14 5 years ago

90's games that still get little buzz I could see jump in value / popularity:
Indianapolis 500
Dirty Harry
Not the most approachable games for newcomers, but awesome games on the same level as Congo, BSD & Shadow.

#15 5 years ago

Dirty Harry has potential, Underrated.

#16 5 years ago

Classic Sterns have shot up quite a bit. Congo is I now out of my price range for a game of that era that isn’t considered an “A” title. Now that playfields and parts for Bk2k are being made, the price has gone up. On the flip side, the price of Funhouse seems to be coming down slightly.

I own BSD so I do carry a bias, but I think the reason the popularity and price of that machine has gone up so much is because it really is a great machine. I’m sure in the glory days of buying games cheap, it was overlooked because of the theme and backglass. Now that the market has changed and games are not as accessible or cheap, people are looking at “B” titles for a discount. BSD happens to be one of the best and that’s why you hear about it so often. Plus it is just brutal and engrossing at the same time. Mine will never leave.

#17 5 years ago

I bought one for 2400 a few years ago. Passed on one a few months ago for 2000. I guess it's where you happen to be and timing. I've seen them sell 2600-3000 tops. Slightly higher for nice shop job with LEDs.

If you've paid more than that it better be in amazing condition and not planking. If it was with restored playfield and perfect that is another story.

I think Indianapolis 500 is new Dracula. Fairly hard to find in good condition and great.
That and a handful of old Stern Titles and System 6-7s.

#18 5 years ago

I'm putting my money on entry level kid friendly DMD machines. I'd say Jurassic Park, Last Action Hero, World Cup Soccer, Mario Bros, and Last Action Hero. I think any of the Data East DMD games are going to be worth 20% more this time next year than now.

I bought my first pin 3 months ago, a World Cup Soccer. I am in my 30s and wanted something to bite my teeth on my kids might like. People who grew up with 90s pins in the arcade are now getting into the point in their life where they can start affording this kind of luxury item, and I believe the bottom of the market is going to come up first. I personally am not really interested in anything without a DMD because it isn't nostalgic like the DMD machines are. This is going to raise the price of the B and C tier 90s DMD machines into the mid 3,000s. I personally was unable to secure a Jurassic Park the past few weeks, and none are available around me for less than $3,500. At that price, used newer Sterns start to make a whole lot more sense.

I sold my WCS94 a few weeks ago for more than I paid for it (but not more than I had in it) and had 3 suitors overnight when I listed it for cash. 2 of the 3 were first time pin buyers, about my age, with young kids. I am assuming that buyer will be looking for a place to put his second pin soon.

I believe the cheaper DMDs are going to be coming up in value next, as gateway pins to bring more hobbyists into the market.

Just my 2 cents.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

90's games that still get little buzz I could see jump in value / popularity:
Indianapolis 500
Dirty Harry
Not the most approachable games for newcomers, but awesome games on the same level as Congo, BSD & Shadow.

That actually brings up an interesting point. I feel like several of the games mentioned such as Indianapolis 500, World Cup Soccer, Dirty Harry, Flintstones, etc. could all see an uptick in popularity. However, for the most part, they are already in the pricing range of higher rated games like Bram Stoker's Dracula. Because of that, I don't see them going up in value much faster then the overall pinball market.

#20 5 years ago

BSD in the Marketplace for $2800 OBO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-will-be-the-next-dracula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.