Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by copperpot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which pin should I put the shaker in??”

• TRON 15 votes
      58%
    • XMEN 9 votes
      35%
    • BDK 2 votes
      8%

(26 votes)

#1 10 years ago

I just bought my first Stern shaker but I don't know which machine to put it into. I know some machines utilize the shaker very well where others you don't really notice it that much. I have three machines that it will fit in:

1) TRON
    2) XMEN
    3) BDK

Which machine utilizes the shaker best? Which machine should I put it in? Just vote on the poll or post why that particular machine is the better one to put it in.

Thanks in advance.

#2 10 years ago

They're all good but X-Men prob has the most and well synched shaker FX

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They're all good but X-Men prob has the most and well synched shaker FX

Thanks.

#4 10 years ago

Sho! My shaker memories of Batman were shakes when you hit the crane, and shakes that were choreographed with the Batmobile DMD animation/sound (roaring engines and car landing on pavement).

#5 10 years ago

What about Tron? That is the one I wanted to put it in. Any good effects there??

#6 10 years ago

I vote Earthshaker.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

What about Tron? That is the one I wanted to put it in. Any good effects there??

You know what's funny, sometimes I don't notice it cuz the subwoofer's so thumpy. I'll play some games on it and try to pay attention. I think it's just a lot of little things all over - combos, jackpots, defeating Clu...I know it shakes when you start Sea of Simulation - it syncs with Sam turning around in the chair & the sound FX. I think it shakes as it goes up the ladder during SOS if you've completed a mode and it shows the bonus.

Obviously it hasn't left as much as an impression on me but I still think shakers always add to the experience.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Tron kicks ass with shaker!

#9 10 years ago

I have played a few Trons with Shaker. Its pretty neat! I have one in my Transformers and really like it.

#10 10 years ago

BDK would be a good fit for it.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks guys. Based on what rarehero said BDK isn't the game for a shaker. I will throw it in Tron and if I'm not feeling it I will toss it in Xmen. The reason I didn't just immediately put it in Xmen is because if I have to sell another game it would be the next to go and I don't want the pain in the butt of taking the shaker out.

#12 10 years ago

The shaker is really coded well for XMen. I put shakers in any game that will take them but it just feels right in XMen.

#13 10 years ago

X-Men for sure-it is a must
    Then BDK-Great with crane shot
    Then Tron-good as well
    Support Terry-Pinball Life $160 You need to shake it up on all three

#14 10 years ago

Tron is the best choice .

#15 10 years ago

I have a BDK with a shaker, I like it! Just buy one for all three!

#16 10 years ago

I have Tron and XMLE with a Shaker. I'd definitely upgrade the XM before Tron. Tron needs a decent bass upgrade like a subwoofer more than it needs a shaker.

-Wes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-to-put-a-shaker-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.