(Topic ID: 231604)

What pin has sentimental value to you and why?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dantesmark
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

post time (resized).JPG
    Capture2 (resized).JPG
    20181210_180223 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170613_210850_792 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1544813305544 (resized).jpg
    FE4AF4DB-DCA1-46B4-9FE4-FFFD4179DE7A (resized).jpeg
    1BD04F2F-82AF-4D8B-8262-CBAA92BB007E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I've got 2 games with a lot of sentimental value.

The first game, a Gottlieb 2001, came from our neighbors. I was childhood friends with the kid who lived there, and the game sat in his basement. It never worked, but we would always play on it. We were either climbing all over it, or we'd sit on the glass (good thing it's tempered!), and pretend we were sitting in a racecar. One spring day, they decided to sell it, and my mom bought it for my dad, thinking he'd like to tinker with it. I'll never forget watching my neighbor's dad and my poor mother hefting that cabinet, legs attached and all, down the sidewalk and into our garage. It sat in our garage for a couple years, since my dad immediately lost interest in fixing it. I found Clay's guides and DVDs, and he and I found renewed interest to fix it. We did, and it was our first father-son project together. What a great summer that was!

Second game is Whirlwind. It's the first game (other than 2001) that I can actually remember playing. It was in an old shed at a campground we were staying at for a Boy Scout outing in the early 2000s. I've always been somewhat of an outcast, so finding a little slice of fun was a nice getaway from the daily roasts and ridicule I'd often be afflicted with. It was a really hot day, and the fan on the game was just icing on the cake. While I got multiball once or twice, I remember thinking "Wow! I'll never be able to hit that side ramp! I wonder what that does?!" The game was filled with mystique, and I loved the music. It took me years to find a copy of the game I could afford, but now that I have it, I doubt it'll ever leave the collection.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbaumle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-has-sentimental-value-to-you-and-why?tu=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.