(Topic ID: 231604)

What pin has sentimental value to you and why?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dantesmark
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

post time (resized).JPG
    Capture2 (resized).JPG
    20181210_180223 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170613_210850_792 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1544813305544 (resized).jpg
    FE4AF4DB-DCA1-46B4-9FE4-FFFD4179DE7A (resized).jpeg
    1BD04F2F-82AF-4D8B-8262-CBAA92BB007E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

TAF. It was the game I fell in love with as a kid. It was the game I dreamt about buying for years and years till my now wife convinced me to just buy one.
    It was the game that broke the first week of ownership and led me to Pinside where I learned to fix and rebuild and meet other fun pinheads. It was the first game I put on route and everyone loves playing it and it makes me happy to turn on so many new pinheads with the game I loved first. Eventually it will come home from route and I will restore it a second time for myself.

FT was a game by pops loaned me the money to buy so I could do a full restoration on it. It is the ACTUAL fish tales I grew up playing in the cabin resort bar basement as a kid. That game was operated at that one and only bar for its entire life. I probably paid for it 3x over with quarters as a kid while hanging with my pops as he drank at the bar. Once I was in the hobby of collecting pins for myself I spoke to the operator and convinced him to sell to me. We actually played a game and the price was lowered by $100 since I beat him. Super nice guy and he has sold me a few games since. Well I completely restored the game and it won 1st place for best DMD at Midwest Gaming Classic. Made my pops super proud to see how I was able to take it from a route queen to a beauty and I put a lot of work into that game.

All the games I own have some degree of personal value. They each have a story; where you got them, the work to bring them back to life, the travel to get them, etc... But those 2 games have real sentimental value for me

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-has-sentimental-value-to-you-and-why?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.