Topic Stats

• 200 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Agusta
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB_IMG_1466987067721 (resized).jpg
Pinball.png
Screenshot_20170330-122049 (resized).png
5b11bb316f6bbb2a4af14cae7b63a5ef (resized).jpg
frontview (resized).JPG
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3307 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-dood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I wanna hear what pinball machine got you into pinball! I'll start, mine was my grandfather's 1959 Gottlieb Queen of Diamonds! It is a pin I will never Give up From then on pinball has been a complete obsession!

#60 2 years ago

Hahah great stories! Keep em coming

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

TBH probably Space Invaders (pin) back in the early 80s, but I was kind of scared to play it I'd watch the cool dudes with shaggy hair, silk shirts, bell bottoms, zipper boots and aviators play that. Then they'd go drive away in their Camaros
But playing, definitely Addams Family. Early college days... early 20s... bowling alleys, wherever I could find one. I thought back then "I wonder if a person could BUY one of these..."

Sounds totally late 70s early 80s, man haha

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

The best Pin of it's time.. Firepower

YEP, I see you got one too, man

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

Cyclone was the one that drew me in. I used to play it a lot at The Machine in Crystal Lake, IL. I was fortunate later to score a gig at Williams. Those were fun days!

You worked at Williams?! When?!

#70 2 years ago

DUDE! That's awesome, do you remember when Bride of Pinbot came out? Haha

#76 2 years ago

I do! I had one and sold it a few years back

Hahah that's awesome! I always wondered who inspected my BoP hahah, interesting!

#88 2 years ago

You're lucky -- I wasn't doing the inspecting of the games

Hahaha, Wish all of the companies were still around!

#124 2 years ago

The Gottlieb and Williams collection PS2 games definitely helped me experience pinball and love it even more Even helped me master the post pass and many other techniques!

1 week later
#129 2 years ago

Good stories, dudes. Keep them comin

#151 2 years ago

Stories are killer! Curing me of boredom right now at lunch break Thanks guys

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

There was a few key moment that started it all for me. When I was younger I remember playing the very occasional pin at Alladins Castle in my home town of Mattoon IL. Mainly it was with my older sister or to spend a moment or two with my parents then it was back to the vids. At that time though it was all about the video games and most especially my NES. Later, a year or two after high school a friend and I found a Shadow machine at la bambas burritos. This is when pinball finally clicked. We started to understand rules and perfecting shots. The best feeling is hitting all four ramps in a combo. And I loved how strongly the dagger ramp diverter slammed into place. Eating way to many brottios as big as your head and smokeing way to much pot and playing shadow endlessly. A few more years went by and I moved to Colorado and was old enough to do the bar thing. Found a few pins and played them all night while downing beers. That brings us up to about now. My step son's grand parents were selling there house and we were all helping move them. I had now idea he use to own some pizza parlors back in the day and had 2 Night Moves cocktail pins in his garage. He had been fixing them up to give to his grand kids. He asked my son if he wanted to take it home. You couldn't believe my excitement. It had never really occurred to me that people actually owned pins. Once I got my hands in there and fixed something for the first time, i was hooked. I now like fixing game almost more than i like playing. The Shadow and Night Moves will always be very special to me

Awesome!

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Flight 2000. This was the one of the rotating pins in my aunt And uncles bar that really got me hooked. I was 8 and people would give me quarters, it was awesome! This was 1980 and they had the bar from mid 70s to late 80s. I remember gorgar also and they would have space invaders, asteriods,pacman and star castle (which i would love to own).
As a side note this was a restaurant/ bar honkey tonk kinda place and back in the day i have pics of crystal Gayle and jerry lee Lewis playing there.... crazy to think of it really. My uncle passed away and i have some of the old bar signs and mirrors, also have his old booze barometer that i loved to shove nickels in. Have the old lugwig drums that I'm pretty sure jerry Lees band played on also!
My uncles with Crystal Gayle.. have to look for other pics.

Wow! Very cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
$ 22.00
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln, NE
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-dood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside