FB_IMG_1466987067721 (resized).jpg
Pinball.png
Screenshot_20170330-122049 (resized).png
5b11bb316f6bbb2a4af14cae7b63a5ef (resized).jpg
frontview (resized).JPG
IMG_1133 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3307 (resized).JPG
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 7 years ago

I wanna hear what pinball machine got you into pinball! I'll start, mine was my grandfather's 1959 Gottlieb Queen of Diamonds! It is a pin I will never Give up From then on pinball has been a complete obsession!

#2 7 years ago

Didn't really have "that one" pin that got me started. I was collecting Arcade machines and just thought I should have a pin to round out the collection. Bought a T2 and once I started dominating on that I bought a TZ. I guess the TZ was the one that really got me interested. That was the first play field I had good old Bill Davis clear. Back then, the auto clearing was just getting started. It cost me $200 and took only a couple weeks! Man do I miss those days!! After the TZ, it was a SS and on and on....

Brian

#4 7 years ago

Bally 1941 Kentucky.

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago

TAF ... Played it al day instead of going to school

#6 7 years ago

Probably Centaur & Gamatron

#7 7 years ago

HARLEM Globetrotters and then Space Invaders.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

HARLEM Globetrotters and then Space Invaders.

Same here Harlem Globetrotters and space invaders

#9 7 years ago

High Speed in the student center, Fall of 1986. I remember playing Gorgar on location but it didn't hook me.

#10 7 years ago

I think Comet was next to the other as well.

#11 7 years ago

Space Shuttle at a local coastal resort town in the late 80's. Was more of the NES generation, but the fond memory of that particular machine got me into the hobby decades later.

#12 7 years ago

I'm with you. Loved playing STTNG on route back in the day. Getting 5 games for $2.00 on STTNG at the local pool hall, playing for hours then leaving with credits on the game. I definitely played pinball before then, but if any game got me into playing pinball consistently it was that one.

#13 7 years ago

I skipped more school than ever when Black Knight came out !!! Blew us all away !

#14 7 years ago

Bally Nip-It
The year was 1977. It was a dark and stormy night.....

#15 7 years ago

Bally Wizard, Space Invaders, and later, a line-up of several WPC classics at a local arcade--FH, IJ, TOM, TAF, plus a bunch of others that came and went quickly (POTO, TZ, slugfest, DESW). After that, vids and redemption started taking over, the pins got neglected, and eventually started disappearing.

#16 7 years ago

Cyclone! Also the first pin I bought 23 years later...

#17 7 years ago

Black Knight, I remember when it was released and the wow factor around it at the arcade. My first pin and most likely the one I will keep the longest.

#18 7 years ago

Wizard! It was the most popular game at the local arcade in 1975. Purchased the machine 5 times over the years to finally get it right. A nice original cabinet is hard to find. Most have scratches and are faded.

#19 7 years ago

F14. Probably High Speed, Pinbot as close seconds. F14 first one I owned, followed by the other 2. Now 27 more are here, with a SWE1 kit for RFM on the way to make it 31 or 30.5 depending how you look at it.

#20 7 years ago

I can't recall the specific pin that got me "hooked" but the one I played most in my younger days was TAF.
The first machine I owned / worked on was Vegas by Game Plan. Still love the cocktail pins!

IMG_3307 (resized).JPGIMG_3307 (resized).JPG

#21 7 years ago

em Aztec.

#22 7 years ago

Gottlieb: Mini Cycle & Sing Along.
Williams: Gay '90's.
Bally: 4 Queens.

#23 7 years ago

First pin: Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy

12 years old...and the art was amazing....game was pretty fun too

Age 15-17: Tuned out of pinball

Age 38: Addams Family. Purchased with my son. Got me BACK into playing pinball on a regular basis

Age 43: AC/DC. Sold AF to fund this. Created the addition hard. Still have the game along with 7 others.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Same here Harlem Globetrotters and space invaders

That's crazy. Me too

#25 7 years ago

Alien Poker

#26 7 years ago

Scared Stiff. Still my favorite.

#27 7 years ago

MM at a local pizza place

#28 7 years ago

Whirlwind. It was in an arcade building at a family campground. One rainy day, I spent many many quarters on the thing.

#29 7 years ago

Black Knight at the local mall arcade. Joker Poker at the 7-11.

#30 7 years ago

PIN-BOT - At the Sunshine Store on Campus Corner just off the OU campus in Norman in the late fall of 1986. It was about a two minute walk from the Architecture Studios and was a midnightly trip for my studiomates and me. PIN-BOT drew us in, High Speed and free refills kept up coming back.

#31 7 years ago

Eight ball deluxe. Is there any other?

#32 7 years ago

bally CIRCUS local bar, then I eventually found a super nice one in michigan and ended up trading it which I kinda miss.

classic

#34 7 years ago

My dads Addams Family! Loved the films as a kid and "its showtime" just got me hooked.

My first pin was a T2 and from there I had abit of a problem

#35 7 years ago

I grew up with an Abra Ca Dabra in my basement, but it was that High Speed at the campground game room that set the hook.

#36 7 years ago

The first one! But specifically Bally Bus Stop.

#37 7 years ago

Harlem Globetrotters from a local paper ad in 2003.

#38 7 years ago

Black Knight as a kid

TZ as an adult

#39 7 years ago

Frontier, The multiple ways to win a game kept me coming back for more as I didn't have a lot of funds. Other pins of note were xenon, paragon, firepower, pharoah, alien poker, playboy, space invaders and flight 2000. There are more lol.

#40 7 years ago

Oh yeah Embryon

#41 7 years ago

NGG. The only one that will never leave my collection.

#42 7 years ago

Expressway an em game. Then pinbot and whirlwind. Now I have those and 23 more. Lol. Addicted big time!

#43 7 years ago

I always liked the card-themed Gottliebs back in the 70s, but it was WOZ that reminded me after all those years how great pinball was...and got me into the hobby.

#44 7 years ago

My grandmother bought an Adams family when me and my cousins were about 12 years old we played it all the time. It always smelled like cigarettes because her and my great aunt would play it all night smoking

Good memories

#45 7 years ago

I was at the shore and when I went to the arcade, I found a Family Guy machine. Ever since that day, I've been fascinated about everything pinball, and eventually owned one myself. Whenever I go to the beach, I always drop a few quarters into the machine that got me started on pinball

#46 7 years ago

Tales of the Arabian Nights on Playstation!

#47 7 years ago

The Addams Family at a card/comic book store in 93, being 5-6yo it just clicked.

#48 7 years ago

I used to play Meteor for hours at a time when I was *much* younger. Surprisingly, I've never owned one.

#50 7 years ago

King Rock and 4 Aces at a friends house during grade school.

CFTBL at the local donut shop in high school.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-got-you-into-pinball?hl=bek1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.