(Topic ID: 24148)

What Pin do you think would be best to retheme as Futurama?

By Bowman9

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mikebetz42
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-21[1].jpg
    #1 11 years ago

When reading post about what dream theme pin people would like to see made "Futurama" comes up alot, after Zombies of course. Seeing that it is possible, but unlikely any professional company will produce such a machine what machine would you use to make your own Futurama machine?

As many of you know Evan K. already built his from a trashed Superman pin.
    http://home.comcast.net/~special_when_lit/pwpimages/Futurama%20Pinball.html

I have two ideas the first one is "Alien Poker". Seeing Poker has come up in a few episodes especially "Into the Wild Green Yonder" I think this a nice fit. Alien Poker is a fun game to play, but not to look at, so this would just be a straight forward graphics change.
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=48&picno=47

My second idea is "Party Zone" I have never played it, but it looks the part. It already has a space ship that is reminiscent of the Planet Express delivery ship, change the robot to Bender, the Cosmic Cottage to a suicide booth, the return ramps to green transport tubes and the big headed guy in the middle to Zoidberg (why not Zoidberg) and you have it.
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1764&picno=31166&zoom=1

What pins do you guys/gals think would work well for a Futurama re-theme?

#2 11 years ago

Popeye.

(V) :;;: (V)

(Tried out a Zoidberg emoticon.)

#3 11 years ago

TSPP. Homer head into a Bender head. I have already posted before that if Stern ever wanted to do another retheme, it should be this.

#4 11 years ago

Well, Xenon already has a tube

image-21[1].jpgimage-21[1].jpg

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I have already posted before that if Stern ever wanted to do another retheme, it should be this.

I dont know about this. I love Futurama and can recall excitedly watching episode 1. I think the problem is that the show is a victim of its own brilliance. I just dont think enough people "get it". I mean the show was canceled once and only brought back by a rapid fan base. Just dont think it has the ooomph to make it successful by just fans of the show. If the theme was packaged in a way that it could appeal to any sci-fi fan than it may have a chance. just my opinion,for whatever that's worth

#6 11 years ago

Future Spa. You already have most of the letters!

#7 11 years ago

Dr dude

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Future Spa. You already have most of the letters!

Mind. BLOWN.

Damn. Two letter change.

#9 11 years ago

Space Shuttle or BK2K =-) I know random but you asked.

#10 11 years ago

Pinbot.

Mod the visor to look like Bender.

#11 11 years ago

Yeah, I was going to say Dr. Dude or Party Zone.

#12 11 years ago

You could take a pitch & bat game and turn it into a Blernsball table:

http://futurama.wikia.com/wiki/Blernsball

Some rules are the same as the original Baseball:

Baseball is a sport played between two teams.
    The aim is to score runs by hitting a thrown ball with a bat and touching a series of four bases.
    There is a pitcher who throws the ball for a player to hit across the field to get a "home run".
    There are 9 players on each team like in Baseball.
    Strike zone and outs seem to remain the same.

Players hit a ball on an elastic tether that is thrown, or pitched, to the batter. Fielders try to prevent the ball from entering small holes in the field, which score blerns If enough balls go into small holes in the center of the field, third ball lock unlocks and:

A pinball-style Multiball begins to shoot balls via hidden pitching machines that come out of the field, and causes chaos while the pitcher tries to hit as many balls as possible.

A player on a motorcycle comes in to the field and tries to drift over all four bases while they explode. Maybe this is a "jazzed up" version of a home-run.

A giant tarantela enters from the bullpen with a player on its back.

Steroid injections are mandatory. Traditions of the game include aluminium bats and the 7th inning grope, which seems to be the jazzed up version of the 7th inning stretch. Robots are not allowed on the field anymore.

#13 11 years ago

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:arc:video:comedycentral.com:f51c6b44-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b>Comedy Central</b></p></div></div>

#15 11 years ago

TSPP hands down. Upper PF zoidbergs lab

#16 11 years ago

I would think BBB...but of course it's too $$$ & easy to redo.

#17 11 years ago

Futurama deserves it's OWN machine... (New layout, new toys, the works!)
    Stern re-themes are for 'Shrek' and 'Grand Prix'.

#18 11 years ago

I was planning on buying the cheapest DMD game I could find and completely redoing it. New ramps, new shots, everything. The biggest obstacle was going to be the programming of the video stuff for the DMD.

But, if they do actually come out with a Futurama pin, I'll definitely be in line to get one.

#19 11 years ago

I wouldn't be down for a TSPP retheme, simply because I already own the machine and wouldn't buy it simply because of that.

#20 11 years ago

Elvis.....great layout but a not so hot theme

#21 11 years ago

Take any Gomez fan layout and go to town tweeking the mid/back end of the shots. The thing is...we've had so many of those layouts that people would be burned out from it.

Otherwise, need something with some cool wireform layouts that can be turned into people mover tubes.

...but yeah. Futurama is a theme that needs its own, original design.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-think-would-be-best-to-retheme-as-futurama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.