(Topic ID: 194457)

What pin do you regret selling the most?

By pcprogrammer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by whisper
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Mine is Star Trek Pro, I have been itching to play it lately. Wish we could have more than 2 pins in our house, I also wish my wife had enjoyed it so we could have kept it.

#2 6 years ago

What did you replace it with? And what qualities does it have that Star Trek Pro did not?

#3 6 years ago

ACDC Premium. Great game.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

What did you replace it with? And what qualities does it have that Star Trek Pro did not?

Bought a WOZ, the whole family got tired of that pretty quickly. The rules were too complicated. Traded the WOZ then had a MET Pro and STTNG. I love MET Pro, it's not going anywhere. Also love STTNG, but I'm the only one that played it, so it is now sold. Right now we only have the MET Pro, trying to find something else, we only have room for 2 pins in the room they are in.

#5 6 years ago

For me it would be Bram Stoker's Dracula.
That game was so good at kicking your ass over and over, but when you had a good game you felt like you had accomplished something and wanted to press play again.
The theme is great and the music/sounds really create an atmosphere as you play.

Hhhmmm i need to find another one!

#6 6 years ago

Definitely Road Show.

#7 6 years ago

I had a very nice Fish Tales... I didn't realize how nice until I've seen 3 or 4 since and none look or play as good.

But I got enough for it to buy a Mystery Castle right after, so feels a little better if I think of it as a trade...

#8 6 years ago

The first pinball machine I ever got, a NIB TSPP. Sold it back in 2008. Ended up buying another one last year but it's not a nice

#9 6 years ago

TZ - Sold one only to get another
White Water - Love that one

#10 6 years ago

XMenLE. I wish we kept it. We should have sold TAF instead.

#11 6 years ago

Satellite. But it was just too high value a machine to keep around.

#12 6 years ago

I fully restored a Space Shuttle a couple of years back and ended up selling it to fund another pin. Should never have sold that baby. Miss it now.

#13 6 years ago

So the moral is keep them all! I'm in.

#14 6 years ago

TMNT

Ok, I have only sold one pin. Theme was great for me and I thought it was a good first pin. Sold for a Met Pro. Yeah I don't regret that change.

#15 6 years ago

I'm in the same boat as the OP, I have limited space. So if you want something new, then something has to go. It was a little easier early on, when I picked up some games that I didn't mind letting go, but it's definitly getting harder. Easily the one I miss the most is Shadow. I just plain loved that game and I really miss it. Kick myself all the time about selling that one.

#16 6 years ago

The Addams Family -- bought it for $2500 and sold it for about the same. Can never again get it for that price and it's a great classic game. Should have kept it.

#17 6 years ago

Star Trek TNG for sure

#18 6 years ago

TZ

Don't touch the door!

#19 6 years ago

The shadow, I'm still trying to find another one after I sold mine 4 years ago.

#20 6 years ago

Iron Man - was a forced sale as lost my job a few years ago and needed to pay the mortgage. Back on track now and looking for one again.

#21 6 years ago

Afm, was hit by the economy bills had to paid. I will own one again.

#22 6 years ago

My entire collection 4/5 years ago (SM, TRON LE, Avatar LE, IM, BDK, POTC) to pay off debts my ex ran up fraudulently and put money back into my sons savings account which she drained!

Should have just paid for a hitman would have been cheaper and a lot more pleasurable in the long run, than selling my beloved pins. But me and the kids are back on our feet and the collection is better than ever.

Now about that hitman...

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from asrtiv1:

The shadow, I'm still trying to find another one after I sold mine 4 years ago.

I got one for sale!

#24 6 years ago

AC/DC prem and a beautiful AFM.

#25 6 years ago

Iron Man but really wish I had NEVER sold any pins. Too hard to replace them now!
Wish I had purchased TAF when you could get a decent one for 2K.

#26 6 years ago

Grand Lizard. It was in my bedroom, and was by far my most played game. I'd play it all the time. So much, that I got bored with it. All of a sudden I was done with it, and that week someone asked if I was selling any games, and I sold it. I wish I had just wrapped it up and shoved it in a corner for a while. Great game, fun sounds.

#27 6 years ago

Taxi.......I love that game.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Taxi.......I love that game.

I was surprised how much fun Taxi was when I finally got a chance to play it.

#29 6 years ago

My whirlwind.
It went to an awesome pinsider so that makes me happy but I put more love and attention into that game than any other.
You never forget your first restoration.

#30 6 years ago

TSPP, it was my first (and only to date) stern. I traded it for a STTNG. Once I played it for a while I came to realize how much I missed the depth of the rule set in TSPP. I'd love to get another one someday.

#31 6 years ago

Recognize the constraints of limited space for pins.
That said... I'm NOT there yet!
Still in the buying mode. In fact, I am awaiting delivery of my next pin!!!
AH hahaahaaaaaaa!!!

....that's right he's mad... mad I say...

#32 6 years ago

You guys won't believe this but I rue the day I sold Jurassic Park.

#33 6 years ago

I tend to not regret selling things. But of the pins I no longer have, I miss Diner. Even though mine had some annoying bubbling mylar and really moved the ball around in bad ways, that game was fun to play. I wouldn't mind having another down the road with a better PF.

#34 6 years ago

For me it was ES. Just alot going on for a System 11. Fast and fun....

#35 6 years ago

Currently: WPT

I put a lot of work and upgrades into it and it was a very nice game. Now I'm Jonesing to play one again.

#37 6 years ago

Dr Dude or MONOPOLY.

#38 6 years ago

My 1931 Whiffle she was a beauty

#40 6 years ago

Bally Wizard...I had a pristine one cosmetically, but it wasn't working, I was having back problems and couldn't work on it, and in a state of depression sold it. It was my favorite game growing up in the 70's and I wished I hadn't given up on it.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Bally Wizard...I had a pristine one cosmetically, but it wasn't working, I was having back problems and couldn't work on it, and in a state of depression sold it. It was my favorite game growing up in the 70's and I wished I hadn't given up on it.

Well, I'm restoring one for somebody next month...find me a beater you can buy cheap and I can get you guys a group rate if I do both at the same time.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The first pinball machine I ever got, a NIB TSPP. Sold it back in 2008. Ended up buying another one last year but it's not a nice

That's exactly how I feel. Got as close to a nib Simpsons and part of me wants to sell it but so far I've never found one nicer than the one I have now.
I'm about to get the whole machine powdercoated. Rails and apron included

#43 6 years ago

Quicksilver. Especially because the perfect original glass shattered in transit.

#44 6 years ago

TZ. Had two. One was my second pin bought back in 2000. Then I sold it to a good friend of mine and I eventually bought another one back in 2004 or 2005. I went WAY over the top on the restoration of that one and it was pristine! I said I would NEVER sell it until I wanted a 69 Camaro and I needed the money. Sold the TZ for what was BIG money before the ridiculous pin prices we have now and regret it, however, I don't regret it as much when I walk out in the garage and see the camaro or when I fire it up and go for a drive, but that is the only pin I regret selling...TWICE! I want another one, but I'm not sure I will be able to get one with the super high prices of today....

Brian

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

TZ. Had two. One was my second pin bought back in 2000. Then I sold it to a good friend of mine and I eventually bought another one back in 2004 or 2005. I went WAY over the top on the restoration of that one and it was pristine! I said I would NEVER sell it until I wanted a 69 Camaro and I needed the money. Sold the TZ for what was BIG money before the ridiculous pin prices we have now and regret it, however, I don't regret it as much when I walk out in the garage and see the camaro or when I fire it up and go for a drive, but that is the only pin I regret selling...TWICE! I want another one, but I'm not sure I will be able to get one with the super high prices of today....
Brian

That happens a lot with people. I sold my Stargate this summer which I really enjoyed a lot to fund a new $3,000 shed in my back yard. I really needed the shed for storage, so the pin had to go.

#46 6 years ago

Sold my PM to restore my classic car 10 years ago. Just bought another pm and now going to sell the car.

#47 6 years ago

All the ones I sold/traded out that I ended up regretting, I have gotten back with just one more to go. So my list is:
ST Prem - but it is gone again so what does that say...
ok, the ones that have come back and are staying are: POTC, IM, TF-LE, and LOTR (currently inbound)

#48 6 years ago

I'm not sure I regret selling it as it allowed me to buy other machines, but of the machines I've sold, I'd most like to own a FT again. Seemingly simple, but it's difficulty keeps you hitting the start button again and again.

#49 6 years ago

I loved my Road Show. Nearly perfect condition.

#50 6 years ago

Frontier. Nice cabinet, good backglass, all plastics intact and only some minor wear on playfield that I think I touched up reasonably well. Was thinking not long ago that it would be nice to find one again but the price has gone up almost 10x's now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 91.00
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-selling-the-most?hl=n80g80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.