Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 3 years ago

Another vote for Hobbit.

It looked great at first and it took a couple of weeks before i was convinced it was a mistake. It was a piece of multi ball crap due to the layout and monotonous multiballs.

I tried to mercy play it but that eventually became impossible.

Like many others who have owned games that didn't click, the game became a symbol. Just looking at it made me feel shitty that I bought it.

I sold it quickly enough and learned a lesson.

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLRage:

I’m with ya! Kinda crazy to hear negative feedback from The Hobbit. All I can think is old code as I have only played the newest code. This game is bolted to the floor for me. Love flow and quick games on other machines but nothing beats a 2 hour Hobbit Adventure every once in a while.

To be fair, yes it was old code. But that open layout held much blame, I couldn't see code helping.

I've played it with new code and it still didn't win me over. But my early disdain was deeply rooted.

I've owned many JJP games, and their crowning jewel is POTC. Deep as hell, challenging yet attainable goals, masterful playfield, and simple enough to figure out. The rules just tie it all together so well.

#281 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

For me, it's an easy game. Once you nail that upper loop, it's cool for a while...and then it just gets boring. I played one at TPF last year that had just been pulled out of the box. My first game I got 13 million. My second game I got 23 million. After that I was done with the game. Biggest disappointment in all of pinball for me, but I'll happily play it for free at someone's house!

It doesn't sound like you really know the game rules. Nailing that upper loop repeatedly is not the path to a high score. It's a fun and easy shot, but offers no true strategy.

Perhaps you played primitive code or you're a top player. You did better than Bowen in his tutorial.

The modes are very balanced, and there are many risk/ reward SJP opportunities only available when you play them well.

It is a fast, fun game without the safety of flipper habitrail return lanes. Most complaints are with the price, not the play. Your 23M score on your 2nd game is pretty good.

It's pretty hasty to play only 2 games before deciding it's boring, .Even crappy games will get played more than twice before I can make a fair determination.

6 months later
    #336 3 years ago
    Quoted from Photopin:

I got a Beatles Platinum and quickly regretted it. The games flew by so fast I knew I was going to out 1k games on it pretty quickly, which kind of shoots holes in the whole 'collector' concept of owning the Platinum.

Is the collector concept to keep the game count low?

You can just switch out sd cards.

It's a better game using one of the other song sets anyway.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beatles-sgt-pepper-s-lonely-hearts-club-retheme

6 months later
    #378 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

games that didn't live up to my pre-purchase expectations were TSPP

Funny how opinions differ.

TSPP is one game I have never regretted buying. I find it brilliant on all levels, layout, rules, dots and callouts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-buying?tu=rts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.