Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paragon66x.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#301 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Judge Dredd. Ugh, just thinking about that game makes me dry heave. I went to look at a Rollergames, but the playfield was too blown out and I didn't want to invest the time. However, he also had a Judge Dredd, and I ended up flinging it in my truck. What a mistake. I got it home and cured a few issues so it was fully playable, and I was going to give it a full shop job... but I decided to play it for a while first. I was a bit surprised how much I didn't like it. But I put that down to the fact that I was looking at it, and it was going to be a pretty involved shop job. But then as I played it more, I realized it wasn't the fact that it needed a full shop job, I hated the shots. I hated not being able to see the ball well, I hated the rules, I hated the inlanes, I hated everything about the game.
    Two weeks later, I hated pinball. I hated having them in my house. I wanted to quit the hobby by just owning this turd. That night, the ad went up. I put it up for the same price I paid, and sounded desperate to get rid of the load. Someone offered me $400 bucks less than I paid for it, and it was gone the next afternoon. It is the only pinball machine I've owned that I hated like that. Within an hour of it being gone I was happily playing pinball in my house again, and all was good with the world. I've played a few different copies of Dredd since then... and hated it each time. I can't look at that playfield without thinking a sledgehammer and a deep hole is the only fix for it.
    I only partially regret buying it. I did learn that it is a lot better to come back with an empty truck than a pinball machine you are not 100% on board with buying. And I also learned JD was the worst pinball machine ever made and every copy should be tossed in the bin.

Dave H. Thank you. One of the best posts I have ever read on Pinside. And I am a fan of JD! Well done! john

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paragon66x.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-buying?tu=paragon66x and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.