Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hands down. Vector.

Hit the showers!

#169 3 years ago

This is tough, as I find so many times, people bash a game without really understanding or having it set up really well.

I also have favourites from all eras.

That said, for me, I guess Jokerz was the most disappointing. It has a few things that could have gone well, but it is just generally annoying for me.

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

Another vote for Vector. I had fond memories of playing it when it was brand new as a teenager. One came up on Ebay locally, having been dumped in a garage for many years. After spending loads of time and money getting it to work again , I thought "What a clunky pile of $hit, did I really enjoy playing this back in the day!" It took ages to get rid of it, and it sold for a loss too.
    One I haven't seen mentioned yet was The Shadow. Several years ago I traded a nice TSPP for a Shadow (plus cash) without ever previously playing one. As soon as I set it up indoors and started playing it I realised I made a mistake - it lasted just a few days set up indoors before being banished folded up in the garage and quickly sold on.

Interesting. Vector I could see, I mean, it is a loaded game and has some appeal for that.. but being so loaded, it is also very limiting for a player.

The Shadow on the other hand, I'd typically think of as being one of the most underrated titles for a player. Just some amazing rules and achievements. What exactly would you say were your issues with it?

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

No hell from me. Xenon is maybe the worst playing Bally game from that era. Suzanne Ciani's sound work was groundbreaking, and the backglass is stunning, but it's zero fun.

Xenon is a decent player. I think it needed one more mech to give it enough rules complexity to age a bit better... Still what is there is solid, a finicky set up, but when you get it dialed in and set up to play fast, it is very fun and challenging.

#286 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Why is Judge Dread so well rated but mentioned here a few times?

Lots of highly acclaimed games are listed in this thread. I guess one of the great things about pinball is different people can have different likes / dislikes.

I will say, I am very careful before being negative about any pin. Often, a poor experience can be chalked up to poor set up, mechanical problems, are a less than optimal environment.

That said, totally agree with you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-buying?tu=koji and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.