Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 3 years ago

Stranger Things. I think more so because I have a very small collection and was a day 1 adopter. Having only 2 total pins at the time I quickly realized I dont want to wait on code, etc. I would play the hell out of it if I had one now though.

For me regret is a strong word, because I have learned to look at pinball as a hobby where you can trade if you dont like something. Pinball doesnt seem to tank in value 24 hours after purchase like many other things/hobbies. I ended up trading Stranger Things for a NIB JP Pro, and a couple hundred bucks. For me it was worth it having the game for a few months in my possession.

You want real regret, buy a boat.

#215 3 years ago
    435v4r (resized).jpg435v4r (resized).jpg
    #222 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

/thread
    eta: Some people are suckers for abuse, and just love the headache of maintaining, paying for a slip, insurance, paying for storage, trailering/untrailering, winterizing, cleaning, washing, having all their friends and family demanding rides without offering gas/beer/etc., and the list goes on. I prefer to enjoy my "hobbies", but then again, I'm not a masochist.
    I mean I see the irony of being on a pinball website waxing poetic about the headaches of toy ownership/maintenance/cost, etc., but when I get the itch, roughly 3 times a year to throw the captain's hat on, I pack the wife and kids in the car, call down to the marina, and shell out the $600 bucks to rent a brand new Ski Nautique or pontoon for the weekend. They even fill the coolers with ice for you each morning, and when you're done, you pull back in to the marina and away you go.
    You can't even get a lake slip in my AO for $1800.
    YMMV, and before the boating aficionados jump in, this post should be taken light hearted...

For sure, to be clear I LOVE boats! I just know countless people who spend a fortune on them, only to not use them, spend another fortune maintaining, winterizing, storing, etc.

I love other peoples boats, if that makes sense, haha.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-buying?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.