Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 3 years ago

Laser War. It was cheap and readily available. Turns out there is a reason why! Ended up selling it for what I got it for and I think it's the one at PAPA now (not kidding).

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I actually think Laser War was one of the better DE games of that time period along with Robocop and Time Machine. It's way better than BTTF!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Shoot the Ion Cannon!!

Laser War is a damn fine DE...although Torpedo Ally is #1 for me .

Ok I gotta ask...all the shots besides the ramp just dead end into a saucer and spot targets are all just deadly and not really worth shooting for since you can just get them spotted with no risk of a bad bounce off a target...what do you like about this game, I was bored with it VERY fast...

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Judge Dredd - call outs/humor were good but the shots fell short for me. No satisfaction, aside from the sniper tower.

I’ve seen a lot of people say Dredd. It seems like this is one of the most polarizing love it/hate it WPC games out there.

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Easily!

I like the layout & the (horribly great) audio. Shit can get hectic in the PF hitting those target banks for me, but true that goddamn center saucer dribbles out and screws you plenty. I don't know...it's juts a fun little game. I mean it's a fucking DE, it's garbage, but good for them.

Ha! No that's fair. I'm not a "ALL DE GAMES SUCK" guy, I own one (technically 2 if you want to lump Sega in there) and enjoy several of them. Was just curious what was drawing you into this one. It's all super subjective anyway - more people are rushing to Laser War's defense than my poor JD ha.

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Go put 10 minutes on Ro-Go and report back

Quoted from Daditude:

I will admit that is one of my least favorite. Hate is such a strong word though. I always feel that playing a game, especially in a format that I really love (like pinball) is a privilege...so I am happy to play anything I can.

I used to feel this way until I played Cue Ball Wizard. I honestly can't really articulate it, but I never ever want to play it again, it was the exact opposite of fun ha.

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

You forgot that every feed from the pops is dangerous - and every plunged ball goes through there.
    Laser War is like one of those cheesy 80's action movies that is so bad it transcends into greatness.
    It's one of my favorites because of:
    1) The backglass
    2) The music & sfx
    3) It's a total ball-buster. Even the return from the ramp isn't safe.

How could I forget!

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
    #253 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

I wouldn't say I regretted buying it as I only intended to keep it for a year, but I think liked the idea of owning Swords of Fury more than actually owning one.

Ha! That's funny, this is exactly how I feel about this game. I love system 11 games, and it LOOKS so cool. I wanted one for about a year and then finally played one...I thought it was super clunky and just not very fun, it was kind of a bummer. But even now when I see one for sale, I'm like "oh I wonder what I could sell to get a Swords of Fury..." and have to stop myself and remind myself that I like the IDEA of the game but I don't like the game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-buying?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.