Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Raven

Thought to myself, how bad could it really be? I bought a project that was a nightmare to repair. When it was fixed, the layout isn’t bad, but the rules are horrible.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Stellar Wars and Meteor, I just don't get it.
    John
    [quoted image]

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You and me both on Meteor.

Meteor has to be set up right - it’s literally all or nothing. Once you do that it’s a great game.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

PS I just wanna scratch my eyes out just thinking how bad this games is. F#ck me........ it's bad!!!!
    QSS

Don’t sugar coat it..... tell us how you really feel.

#247 3 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Atari Middle Earth
    Found it on a curb, brought it home, cleaned it up, then realized why it was on the curb. Slowest, most boring game ever. Sold it and that paid for half of my Breakshot project though.

Ah, Middle Earth. Beautiful game. Interesting layout. Lots of things to shoot for, and none of it means anything. Worthless.

Space Riders was another one I regretted buying. A total bore fest.

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Probably catch hell for this but...I restored a Xenon and then just thought the game play was boring. Sold it.

Can’t say you’re wrong. Xenon is a lot of flash with not much substance. Seriously, only 3 shots on the game and one of them (the drops) I only shoot when lit for extra ball.

Five years ago, I pulled out the project game I had in storage for several years and as I was doing the playfield swap I wondered if I would still like it.

I soon realized my fears were true. So I modified the pops, the lighting (a lot), the backglass, the apron, and the sounds. It’s a lot of fun to play now. Some new rules would make it a fantastic game.

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m fine with starting MB. Maybe rework the Mb rules though.
    - 2x scoring during it.
    - light spinner rest of game
    - if you light lock and lock a ball during MB then hit the top saucer, collect bonus. Bonus does not reset after this so you can double dip at the end of the ball. Multiple bonuses/jackpots can be collected during MB.

I have lots of ideas for new rules.

One thing I thought would be good is 3-ball multi. Lock one in tube, get 3 more X’s and lock one in top saucer. First points on plunge starts 3-ball. It already has the extra trough switch for this.

- 2x and 3x playfield during multi is good
    - pop bumpers score 1000 instead of 100 (stupid rule)
    - spinner scores 100 instead of 10 (another stupid rule, although 100 isn’t much better)
    - the 3 arrows increase pops by 1000 for rest of game instead of spotting a bonus letter (another dumb rule, who shoots the arrows?)
    - arrows could also increase mota wheel instead of automatically increasing with tube shot
    - incorporate jackpots and hurry ups

Wait......this is not the Xenon thread LOL

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deadlander:

No fear....and it took me 18 months to sell it. What a flaming bucket of excrement that game was.

Fan layout, super easy to beat. Played it on location one day and got my fill. Glad I never owned one.

6 months later
    #321 3 years ago
    Quoted from wellarmed:

No Fear
    Judge Dredd
    Junk Yard
    they have in common no bumpers

I have yet to put time in on Judge Dredd, but I agree with you on the other two.

#323 3 years ago

Raven was the game I shouldn't have bought. I bought a semi-working project. I assumed getting it working wouldn't be a problem, and even though I read many reviews, I thought, "How bad could it really be?"

Well, it was a bitch to haul downstairs and even more of a bitch to repair. It had more problems than I thought, uncommon problems that I spent a lot of time troubleshooting, plus a couple hundred bucks in parts.

Once I got it working, THAT'S when I found out how bad it was. The gameplay was fun, but the rules were awful.....AWFUL! The game needs multiball, badly. And the ramp, it’s a narrow shot that you have to make squarely or the ball won't make it all the way up and around. Once you've hit the required targets to lower it and you make the shot you get, what, a 50% chance at a bonus multiplier? Are you kidding me?

And trying to sell it? Nobody wanted it at a reasonable working-game price. I ended up taking a loss and selling it slightly above project-game price.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-buying?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.