Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#346 2 years ago

Rescue 911 - I never could get the helicopter to work properly even after rebuilding every part of it.

Alien Star - Boring layout, but apparently a shooter's game and loved by tournament players.

TSPP - Annoying callouts (and I like the show) and the shots aren't that fun--nearly every shot has to have a stoppage for some callout.

Class of 1812 - It's all multiball. Thankfully, a lot of people want this title so it was easy to unload.

#353 2 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

I can understand the R911 hate if your helicopter was never 100%. It's the entire game, basically.
    Don't have a whole lot to say about Alien Star.
    I'm surprised that TSPP annoyed you for that reason. I guess I would suggest not buying Stern's POTC if you don't like that.
    Class of 1812 is most assuredly *not* all multiball...but it *is* all left ramp, all the time. That, I'll spot. Still, I really have a soft spot for that machine, especially for its (what I consider to be) fantastic music and voices. More fun than it really deserves to be, I think.

Funny, I almost included POTC as another regret. I traded for it and had never played it, just watched a few videos. The gameplay seemed to be all side-to-side. It didn't last long either. All of this negativity for a few well-liked pins, but I've enjoyed, more or less, Ghostbusters Pro and an LE when I had those at various times and was ok dealing with the frustrating drains from those two versions compared to the titles listed above.

1812 was just ramps and that giant saucer shot in the middle. I was always starting multiball as the ball would constantly fall into that saucer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-buying?tu=agent_hero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.