Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

R&M (even though I won't get it until 2021). Don't get me wrong, because I think it's a great game.
    But I haven't told my wife yet that I ordered it. I've been waiting for her to be in a (rare) good mood.
    And it's starting to look like that will never happen. She does not understand my need to own things.

I am just curious if you are a lucky guy who's wife pays for your pinball machines

#402 2 years ago

Houdini was a tough one for me. Visually it is stunning. Full-stop. Inside and out, playfield and everything is amazing to look at. It feels rich and authentic and well integrated. I added the straight-jacket and water torture mods and they blended right in. But the tight shots and some of the very breakable mechanics (the pops, the catapults, the trunk, etc) scared me. Also, I agree, the use of the video screens were a tremendous FIRST attempt, but I always felt the technology available to the gamecode author was way under-utilized even after 7 or 8 gamecode updates.

If I had a collection of machines that I would only LOOK at, I would have kept Houdini, but as a machine that I'd want to play once in awhile, it was a mechanical struggle so I parted with it...

#403 2 years ago

Munsters LE. For 10 years prior to the game coming out I would always say how ripe the theme would be for pinball so you can only imagine my excitement when it was announced. Could have been all the built up anticipation and high hopes for the games, but it did nothing for me. I ended up trading it for a WOZ Emerald Edition. Later I traded the WOZ for beautiful TOTAN so at the end of the day it all worked out. The guy who traded for the Munsters really liked it which was great.

I'm not a fan of machine ratings because it is all subjective. I've played plenty of highly rated games I didn't like and vice versa. Don't tell me or anybody else what's good.

#404 2 years ago

Definitely has to be my CFTBL. It's not a terrible pin, but I'm not looking to have an enormous collection (5 games max) and there are other titles out there that I want much more.

#405 2 years ago
    Quoted from snowvictim:

Definitely has to be my CFTBL. It's not a terrible pin, but I'm not looking to have an enormous collection (5 games max) and there are other titles out there that I want much more.

Creature is a cool game, its just kind of a throw back where you are really just trying to do one thing.

That one thing is fun though.

#406 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Creature is a cool game, its just kind of a throw back where you are really just trying to do one thing.

It’s enjoyable (I’m particularly fond of the audio), but I’m still going to let it go to free up space.

#407 2 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

...I would have kept Houdini, but as a machine that I'd want to play once in awhile, it was a mechanical struggle so I parted with it...

So, now I'm a bit confused: in your post you say that you were nervous about the "breakable" mechanics, but you didn't mention that anything had actually failed, in my reading. Now, here, you're referencing a "mechanical struggle", so I'm wondering which is the case. Was it faulty, mechanically-speaking, or not?

#408 2 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

So, now I'm a bit confused: in your post you say that you were nervous about the "breakable" mechanics, but you didn't mention that anything had actually failed, in my reading. Now, here, you're referencing a "mechanical struggle", so I'm wondering which is the case. Was it faulty, mechanically-speaking, or not?

I owned it for a few months and in that period I had some trouble with the catapults and the pop bumpers. The catapults needed a bit of grinding to widen the mounting screw holes to allow alignments (pretty often) and the bumpers used two API specific metal posts which also had broken. Not big deals, but I didn’t want to have to keep lifting the playfield for some minor fix.

#409 2 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I owned it for a few months and in that period I had some trouble with the catapults and the pop bumpers. The catapults needed a bit of grinding to widen the mounting screw holes to allow alignments (pretty often) and the bumpers used two API specific metal posts which also had broken. Not big deals, but I didn’t want to have to keep lifting the playfield for some minor fix.

OK. Thank you for that clarification. I wasn't sure if you were just being overanxious or if you honestly had reason(s) for your trepidation.

#410 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

U mean take a girl to the, "movies"?

#411 2 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

See, I can live with that a lot more than calling it fugly. I do not agree with the idea that it's overrated, as I think it deserves all the accolades that it gets, but to each his own. Nothing is for everybody. And you're right: its uniqueness is paramount.

It’s boring as hell. One of the worst of that era.

#412 2 years ago

No regrets. I just sell if I don’t enjoy it. Life’s too short for hobby regrets.

#413 2 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

No regrets. I just sell if I don’t enjoy it. Life’s too short for hobby regrets.

Great way to look at it.

For me there is much more regret selling then buying. Life is too short to worry about that too.

#414 2 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

That and Avengers LE are the 2 biggest disappointments I've purchased in this hobby

I swear sometimes I live on a another pinball planet - how on earth is anyone disappointed by Avengers LE. One of the all time great games.

More proof that I live on another pinball planet is that I’d probably put Deadpool on the top of my disappointment list.

#415 2 years ago

And Addams Family. Twice. Big disappointment. Big. Huge.

#416 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I swear sometimes I live on a another pinball planet - how on earth is anyone disappointed by Avengers LE.

The 2012 Avengers game isn't so hot.

My regret - Millionaire which was a project and a half, I had aspirations to make a custom game out of it but mostly just butchered a bunch of stuff and now it sits in pieces.

#417 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

The 2012 Avengers game isn't so hot.

Ah, maybe that’s what he’s talking about. That i agree with.

#418 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I swear sometimes I live on a another pinball planet - how on earth is anyone disappointed by Avengers LE. One of the all time great games.
    More proof that I live on another pinball planet is that I’d probably put Deadpool on the top of my disappointment list.

Careful, now: there is a vast, *VAST* difference between Avengers LE and Avengers: Infinity Quest LE. My understanding is they are referring to the former, which, yes, is absolutely awful.

Oh, and Deadpool is one that I really don't care for myself.

There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-buying/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.