47 days ago

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by AJB4
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 40 days ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Judge Dredd. Ugh, just thinking about that game makes me dry heave. I went to look at a Rollergames, but the playfield was too blown out and I didn't want to invest the time. However, he also had a Judge Dredd, and I ended up flinging it in my truck. What a mistake. I got it home and cured a few issues so it was fully playable, and I was going to give it a full shop job... but I decided to play it for a while first. I was a bit surprised how much I didn't like it. But I put that down to the fact that I was looking at it, and it was going to be a pretty involved shop job. But then as I played it more, I realized it wasn't the fact that it needed a full shop job, I hated the shots. I hated not being able to see the ball well, I hated the rules, I hated the inlanes, I hated everything about the game.
    Two weeks later, I hated pinball. I hated having them in my house. I wanted to quit the hobby by just owning this turd. That night, the ad went up. I put it up for the same price I paid, and sounded desperate to get rid of the load. Someone offered me $400 bucks less than I paid for it, and it was gone the next afternoon. It is the only pinball machine I've owned that I hated like that. Within an hour of it being gone I was happily playing pinball in my house again, and all was good with the world. I've played a few different copies of Dredd since then... and hated it each time. I can't look at that playfield without thinking a sledgehammer and a deep hole is the only fix for it.
    I only partially regret buying it. I did learn that it is a lot better to come back with an empty truck than a pinball machine you are not 100% on board with buying. And I also learned JD was the worst pinball machine ever made and every copy should be tossed in the bin.

Dave H. Thank you. One of the best posts I have ever read on Pinside. And I am a fan of JD! Well done! john

#302 40 days ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Judge Dredd. Ugh, just thinking about that game makes me dry heave. I went to look at a Rollergames, but the playfield was too blown out and I didn't want to invest the time. However, he also had a Judge Dredd, and I ended up flinging it in my truck. What a mistake. I got it home and cured a few issues so it was fully playable, and I was going to give it a full shop job... but I decided to play it for a while first. I was a bit surprised how much I didn't like it. But I put that down to the fact that I was looking at it, and it was going to be a pretty involved shop job. But then as I played it more, I realized it wasn't the fact that it needed a full shop job, I hated the shots. I hated not being able to see the ball well, I hated the rules, I hated the inlanes, I hated everything about the game.
    Two weeks later, I hated pinball. I hated having them in my house. I wanted to quit the hobby by just owning this turd. That night, the ad went up. I put it up for the same price I paid, and sounded desperate to get rid of the load. Someone offered me $400 bucks less than I paid for it, and it was gone the next afternoon. It is the only pinball machine I've owned that I hated like that. Within an hour of it being gone I was happily playing pinball in my house again, and all was good with the world. I've played a few different copies of Dredd since then... and hated it each time. I can't look at that playfield without thinking a sledgehammer and a deep hole is the only fix for it.
    I only partially regret buying it. I did learn that it is a lot better to come back with an empty truck than a pinball machine you are not 100% on board with buying. And I also learned JD was the worst pinball machine ever made and every copy should be tossed in the bin.

Interesting reading. Thanks for sharing. Now I want to test it at least once just to see. It is not the first time I read really bad comment regarding this pin.

On my side, I don’t regret anything, maybe a bit MB ( boring at the end) a bit of AC DC but I had fun anyway.

#303 40 days ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Indiana Jones, Stern. I bought it NIB and what a horrible decision I made. I can't even describe how bad a game it is....... it's so bad on so many levels. Holy...... freakin........god....... it's bad. Just ask Pinlawyer, he'll back me up on how bad it is.
    QSS
    PS I just wanna scratch my eyes out just thinking how bad this games is. F#ck me........ it's bad!!!!
    QSS

This may be the best post I've ever read. If I ever get anywhere near this pin I'm putting on my mask and gloves and giving it a wide berth...

#304 40 days ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So you're lukewarm on it?

#305 40 days ago
    Quoted from jorant:

I never played this machine, but I have heard so much HATE about it. All I know is he start of multiball looked cool.

The game is okay, the rules are a bit brutal..... Hit this shot 14,000 times, now hit this shot 20,000 times.... Just, very uninspired. I don't even mind the Crystal Skull references, as I am apparently the only person on earth who didn't mind the 4th movie at all.

#306 40 days ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Indiana Jones, Stern. I bought it NIB and what a horrible decision I made. I can't even describe how bad a game it is....... it's so bad on so many levels. Holy...... freakin........god....... it's bad. Just ask Pinlawyer, he'll back me up on how bad it is.
    QSS
    PS I just wanna scratch my eyes out just thinking how bad this games is. F#ck me........ it's bad!!!!
    QSS

Especially if your comparing it to the Williams IJ, which is an incredible pin (IMHO)

#307 40 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Especially if your comparing it to the Williams IJ, which is an incredible pin (IMHO)

Williams IJ is a great pin if you aren't the one maintaining it.

Many an intrepid operator has been felled by the Path of Adventure.

#308 40 days ago
    Quoted from KickahaOta:

I can totally see that.....It took me a while to dial in the POA, but once thats done its a blast to play....In a home environment its not that hard to maintain, but I can see it being a challenge on location....that being said there are several games that fall into that category i.e. TZ, STNG

#309 40 days ago
    Quoted from KickahaOta:

My first pin was Williams IJ 20 years ago. Owned it for 5 years. Only thing i had to fix in that time was replace a microswitch in the Path of Adventure. I fixed it myself without much problems. Guess i got lucky.

#310 40 days ago

Here I go again with the back in the old days speech.
    If I remember correctly, the wms indy had a code update to help with path of adventure. The original code moved to far left and right causing the gears to grind as the playfield hit back and forth. I remember replacing almost every gearbox and motor on indy when it came in. Most operators didnt even look at service bulletins. This was great for me because I bought all these "troubled" games for 600 bucks.

#311 40 days ago

Bought a Monopoly because I (1) wanted an affordable modern Stern (2) like the theme and the game looks very pretty (3) think Pat Lawler is a genius (4) thought the layout with 3 flippers and lots of ramps was awesome..... But Holy $#!+ is this game underwhelming. Zero strategy, zero risk/reward, and not really any "oh wow, this is awesome" moment while you're playing. Shopped mine out thoroughly and sold it to break even. Never again

#312 40 days ago
    Quoted from BigBangBack:

Bought a Monopoly because I (1) wanted an affordable modern Stern (2) like the theme and the game looks very pretty (3) think Pat Lawler is a genius (4) thought the layout with 3 flippers and lots of ramps was awesome..... But Holy $#!+ is this game underwhelming. Zero strategy, zero risk/reward, and not really any "oh wow, this is awesome" moment while you're playing. Shopped mine out thoroughly and sold it to break even. Never again

Not to mention that little Water Works rotating flipper that was constantly getting stuck against the ball or just breaking entirely. Leading to Service Bulletin 130, with one of the more dubious opening sentences in service bulletin history: "This is a very simple and reliable design that can take a beating, thanks to it’s unique clutch design." Yeah, because simple and reliable designs always have to have a service bulletin released just for them. Also, somewhere my fourth grade English teacher is reading this and grinding a pencil on his desk.

Other Monopoly engineering innovations included the excitingly-miswired Electric Company sign, the sound system that Stern never dreamed anyone would want to turn down, the spine-chilling Center Ramp Airball Ride, and the amazing self-destructing autoplunger.

#313 39 days ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

I wouldn't say I regretted buying it as I only intended to keep it for a year, but I think liked the idea of owning Swords of Fury more than actually owning one.

I own SoF and I can never sell it because it's the one machine that all of my friends enjoy, but I get what you mean. It would benefit enormously from an eight digit display; I rolled it in the first couple months of owning it. I still enjoy it, but once you roll a machine, there isn't much else to shoot for.

Although I will say that aiming for the jackpot never fails to get my pulse pounding. It's just hard to get to that point because the ball lock is such a bizarrely tight shot, at least on mine.

#314 38 days ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Honest Question:
    If JD had pop bumpers would you have liked it more?

#315 38 days ago

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about JD as a whole, but I can't look at the playfield of an unmodded one without being sad at the utter waste of time and money and effort that Deadworld wound up being once it was nerfed to no longer physically lock balls.

#316 36 days ago

What pin do I regret buying?
    Well, my answer is either: "the first one" or "none of them".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 132.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 8.95
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 275.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside