Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 418 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by boagman
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    E8209683-A29D-4A38-9CF5-E99518B8D97A (resized).jpeg
    20200601_212757 (resized).jpg
    Tomy Atomic Arcade (resized).png
    images (resized).jpeg
    435v4r (resized).jpg
    were-the-millers---movie-tattoos (resized).jpg
    TWISTER ,,,,,, (resized).jpg
    P4240317 (resized).JPG

There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 3 years ago

o

#2 3 years ago

Raven

Thought to myself, how bad could it really be? I bought a project that was a nightmare to repair. When it was fixed, the layout isn’t bad, but the rules are horrible.

#3 3 years ago

The Hobbit.

I'm convinced the guy who sold it to me knew the dragon wasn't working and hid the fact by having it "conveniently shrink wrapped for pickup". After getting it fixed, it really is slow and monotonous in the home environment. Multiball after multiball with random modes thrown in. Not much fun. Great sound and theme integration though... beautiful machine, great theme... just not fun for me after a few weeks.

#4 3 years ago

Avengers Hulk New
    Stern POTC new
    X-men Wolverine

#5 3 years ago

Breakshot- After 20 games I could not stand the call outs...

#6 3 years ago

Full throttle

#7 3 years ago

MUN LE, so far. Holding out hope!!

#8 3 years ago

F-14 Tomcat, since sold. Bought from an operator selling off his collection. For another $200, I'd have had a Whitewater.

#9 3 years ago

Rob Zombie - Too many gripes to list. I traded up plus cash starting at $4000 ($2000 less than my NIB purchase). Medisinyl makes bad as mods for it though.

#10 3 years ago

Star Trek LE... kind of boring. So sold it.

#11 3 years ago

Stranger Things Premium. Fun to play on location, sucks to own at home.

#12 3 years ago

I haven't regretted any game. Anything I bought without playing first, was just to try it out and play something new. But I don't buy NIB, I let someone else take that hit first, so I don't have NIB blues.

#13 3 years ago

R&M (even though I won't get it until 2021). Don't get me wrong, because I think it's a great game.

But I haven't told my wife yet that I ordered it. I've been waiting for her to be in a (rare) good mood.
    And it's starting to look like that will never happen. She does not understand my need to own things.

#14 3 years ago

Jurassic Park Pro, I should’ve got a premium....

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The Hobbit.
    I'm convinced the guy who sold it to me knew the dragon wasn't working and hid the fact by having it "conveniently shrink wrapped for pickup". After getting it fixed, it really is slow and monotonous in the home environment. Multiball after multiball with random modes thrown in. Not much fun. Great sound and theme integration though... beautiful machine, great theme... just not fun for me after a few weeks.

My game worked perfectly new in box and it still is a snooze fest. That and Avengers LE are the 2 biggest disappointments I've purchased in this hobby (out of dozens of machines I've owned)

#16 3 years ago

King Kool...so bad.

GB was fucking horrible, but I made a little monies so no big deal.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hands down. Vector.

Ditto on Vector! Runner up is DE BTTF. I love the theme, but what a turd of a game!

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

still is a snooze fest

ROGL

#20 3 years ago

RRWOZ - way to much monies. was bored with it in 2 months.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

R&M (even though I won't get it until 2021). Don't get me wrong, because I think it's a great game.
    But I haven't told my wife yet that I ordered it. I've been waiting for her to be in a (rare) good mood.
    And it's starting to look like that will never happen. She does not understand my need to own things.

Wow, how pissed will she be?

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

King Kool...so bad.
    GB was fucking horrible, but I made a little monies so no big deal.

Haha. King Kool was the pin my brother-in-law played so much of in college. He became addicted to it, and fearing a downward spiral, abruptly swore off playing that or any pinball machine, any more. 20 years later he brought the family to visit one weekend and he played TAF, CFTBL and AFM for a few hours. He hasn’t played another pinball in the 20 years since then, either. editor’s note - Buyer Beware of King Kool !

#23 3 years ago

Monster Bash remake ... I simply didn’t play the game enough before I bought it. I had planned on getting Attack From Mars and at the last minute ... went for Monster Bash (never do that).

It wasn’t like a bloodbath in terms of paid for sold for ... it was just a waste of energy. I was bored with the game within a month’s time frame. You kind of want you're NIB experience to be a phenomenal one.

#24 3 years ago

Stern Sting Ray, Capcom Breakshot, and Williams Fish Tales. Mostly because of the conditions they were in, but also because wife never got into these titles at all, so they were sort of a waste of money.

#25 3 years ago

Jolly Park. Pretty much bought it because of the hype and never plugged it in or turned it on. Luckily someone local to me had been looking for one for a loooong time; so I sold it to him at my cost.

#26 3 years ago

Disco Fever - the most boring machine on earth.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

If you sell another game before it arrives is she ok with it then? that usually does the trick with my wife.

The first question whenever I bring anything home is "Ok, now which game are you selling?"

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

Monster Bash remake ... I simply didn’t play the game enough before I bought it. I had planned on getting Attack From Mars and at the last minute ... went for Monster Bash (never do that).
    It wasn’t like a bloodbath in terms of paid for sold for ... it was just a waste of energy. I was bored with the game within a month’s time frame. You kind of want you're NIB experience to be a phenomenal one.

I noticed If someone totally sucks at making easy shots. This is the game for them. I can’t get enough of the game...

#29 3 years ago

Stargate. Had to do repairs to it, didn't like the gameplay, and sold it at a loss. Funny though I really enjoyed Waterworld which is generally hated around here.

#30 3 years ago

Not pinball but a couple shuffle puck games. Never had luck selling and had to harvest all parts , then sadly destroy the the remaining body....

#32 3 years ago

This is the correct answer.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

This is the correct answer.

I couldn't believe no one had said that one yet!

#34 3 years ago

Judge Dredd. Ugh, just thinking about that game makes me dry heave. I went to look at a Rollergames, but the playfield was too blown out and I didn't want to invest the time. However, he also had a Judge Dredd, and I ended up flinging it in my truck. What a mistake. I got it home and cured a few issues so it was fully playable, and I was going to give it a full shop job... but I decided to play it for a while first. I was a bit surprised how much I didn't like it. But I put that down to the fact that I was looking at it, and it was going to be a pretty involved shop job. But then as I played it more, I realized it wasn't the fact that it needed a full shop job, I hated the shots. I hated not being able to see the ball well, I hated the rules, I hated the inlanes, I hated everything about the game.

Two weeks later, I hated pinball. I hated having them in my house. I wanted to quit the hobby by just owning this turd. That night, the ad went up. I put it up for the same price I paid, and sounded desperate to get rid of the load. Someone offered me $400 bucks less than I paid for it, and it was gone the next afternoon. It is the only pinball machine I've owned that I hated like that. Within an hour of it being gone I was happily playing pinball in my house again, and all was good with the world. I've played a few different copies of Dredd since then... and hated it each time. I can't look at that playfield without thinking a sledgehammer and a deep hole is the only fix for it.

I only partially regret buying it. I did learn that it is a lot better to come back with an empty truck than a pinball machine you are not 100% on board with buying. And I also learned JD was the worst pinball machine ever made and every copy should be tossed in the bin.

#35 3 years ago

Pin regretted: Met (is back), BBB, BSD
    Pin happy I sold: Dialed In, Houdini and stern Star Trek

Edit: Oops wrong thread! But in a way, you take the pins I was really happy to sell and you got them!

#36 3 years ago

Judge Dread and Champion Pub for me. Equally distasteful.

#37 3 years ago

BTTF. Bought a game that I thought was working well until I got it home and found a plethora of gremlins. After I sunk a ton of time and money into it and finally got it working as it should, I was so tired of the situation and it left such a bad taste in my mouth I sold it for a $1K loss.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hands down. Vector.

Quoted from MikeS:

Ditto on Vector! Runner up is DE BTTF. I love the theme, but what a turd of a game!

Vector LOOKS really fun. Had been considering grabbing one sometime. No longer considering that...

Quoted from schudel5:

Jolly Park. Pretty much bought it because of the hype and never plugged it in or turned it on. Luckily someone local to me had been looking for one for a loooong time; so I sold it to him at my cost.

Yea I had my infatuation with this title as well.. great music but the gameplay just ain't there...

#39 3 years ago

XMLE was my first nib after as I was reconnecting with the hobby and I didn't play it before I bought so it was a crap shoot and I didn't love some aspects of the pin (also had horrible code initially). Traded it for a TWD pro and much happier with that.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Vector LOOKS really fun. Had been considering grabbing one sometime. No longer considering that...

It’s pretty bad. The only shot that is fun to shoot in the game is blocked by 6 drops of death. Multiball is dumb and is just multiple balls in play. It’s so hard to setup the upper flipper on the upper playfield you just find yourself trying to rack up bonus as much as you can during your ball.

It’s the least fun I’ve had with an 80s game for sure.

#41 3 years ago

Laser War. It was cheap and readily available. Turns out there is a reason why! Ended up selling it for what I got it for and I think it's the one at PAPA now (not kidding).

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Laser War. It was cheap and readily available. Turns out there is a reason why! Ended up selling it for what I got it for and I think it's the one at PAPA now (not kidding).

I actually think Laser War was one of the better DE games of that time period along with Robocop and Time Machine. It's way better than BTTF!

#43 3 years ago

Shoot the Ion Cannon!!

Quoted from MikeS:

I actually think Laser War was one of the better DE games of that time period along with Robocop and Time Machine. It's way better than BTTF!

Laser War is a damn fine DE...although Torpedo Ally is #1 for me .

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Shoot the Ion Cannon!!

Laser War is a damn fine DE...although Torpedo Ally is #1 for me .

Agree on Torpedo Alley. Probably the best of the bunch!

#46 3 years ago

Teacher's Pet (1965, Williams)
    Scoring is such that if you can nail the plunge on all 5 balls you'll have a far higher score than a great player that gets tonnes of flips in.

#47 3 years ago

I disliked Lectronamo the most as a game, and I'll never buy another MPU-100 Stern because of it. I think the sound board is what really set me off against the game more than anything else. My god that first run of SB-100 sound boards is awful to hear.

Not a total loss though. I got to have a fun visit with a fellow pinsider picking it up and I learned a lot from refurbing that game. Came in as a basket case, went out looking a lot better and running solid, and I came out slightly ahead on it. That and I was able to size up a few new products in the lineup from that game.

#48 3 years ago

NGG for me . Not really a bad game but I got taken on a trade for it . Left such a bad taste in my mouth that I almost left the hobby .

Didn’t really care for junkyard either .

#49 3 years ago

Pretty much any game I purchased NIB and/or jammed a bunch of mods onto and then sold for a crippling loss. Oh, and also Ghostbusters.

#50 3 years ago

Stellar Wars and Meteor, I just don't get it.

John

P4240317 (resized).JPGP4240317 (resized).JPG

There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pin-do-you-regret-buying and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.