(Topic ID: 118009)

What pin do you like better? IM or Tron?

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Hazoff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What do you like better”

• Tron 103 votes
    57%
  • Iron Man 77 votes
    43%

(180 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
Quorra-Tron-Legacy-HD.jpg
Iron-Man-3-Header1.jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Every line up needs a fast & brutal game like Tron or IM cause sometimes you don't want to play a 15 or 20 minute game of pinball.

I never want to play a 15 or 20 minute game of pinball. Seriously, all my games get set up crazy nasty because of that.

Having said that, I vote for IM all day every day. The game is straight up nasty. Every shot can be hit safely, and every shot can be a drain if you don't hit it just right. For everyone who says that IM is so random, I argue strongly that it isn't - it's just that if you hit even a hair off, you are in trouble.

Having said that, Tron has a lot of the same qualities. It has a lot of depth, and is also ultra fast. While I will take IM all day every day, Tron is a top 5 game for me still.

#52 4 years ago

I havent had a chance to play tron, but like the layout, iron man is fun, way better theme too.

1 week later
#53 4 years ago

I *thought* TRON was better than IM. I've played Tron twice, both times at Walt Disney World, over a year apart. The first time, I liked it. The second, I walked away really unimpressed. I don't see the replay value like I did the first time. Lots of SDTM drains from the left loop and down through the pops. Doesn't seem like the machine setup was incorrect. Just part of the game.

I know Iron Man is brutal and sparse, but my favorite game in my collection is Indy 500. So fast and tough, but I love it. I'd rather by a second I500 or IM over TRON. Just don't see the appeal, unfortunately.

I thought TRON would be next on my buy list. I'd take an IMVE over it, though. Landslide.

#54 4 years ago

Have both, it's close , but Tron edges out.

#55 4 years ago

I liked IM more but its close.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside