Forum Topic

Forum » Market » Buying advice » What pin can I get for this much?

What pin can I get for this much?

0
No one calls this topic a favorite.

By Xanathar

3 years ago


Stats

  • Started 3 years ago
  • 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!


Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.



#1 3 years ago

Need some advice

I have about roughly $1500 bucks to spend on a new pin this year. What should I be looking for at the show. What's worth that price range? Don't care if it needs some slight TLC even.

Had a lineup on a Demo Man from Pincades, but it got sold before he could bring it to the show. That was $1000-$1100 which was perfect.

Right now I have a T2 and a STTNG. Don't know If should stick with that theme or what.

Would prefer to go a little less then $1500 so I can have money for LED's and repairs if needed. Seeing what I can pickup at the show for that dollar amount this weekend.

Anyone have any ideas? Look to you guys for alot of advice. You are usually pretty spot on.

Xan


#2 3 years ago

this should give you a rough idea: http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck


#3 3 years ago

Lots of good sys11's in that range if you don't require a dmd.


#4 3 years ago
BMore-Pinball said:

this should give you a rough idea: http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

Yeah I know about the bang for buck list. Finding people who will acutally sell in that range is a different story.

Example: Black Hole on bang for buck list is $740 to $860 but at the show according to Pynball.com is going to sell for $1200. Pretty steep difference.

I would like a DMD pin if possible but it is not required.


#5 3 years ago

You have the same budget as me...I'd say JM, JD, DM, DW, Congo andWhirlwind. Maybe JP or FT if you can find one that needs work.


#6 3 years ago

Sadly, none of the games on your wishlist
Also, I find the prices on the bang-for-buck list are not indicative of "real world" ask that you'll see from most sellers. be prepared to add 15%-25% to those numbers for sure.

I like to fix games up. If you're the same I would go for a nicer title that needs work. You'll still spend more than your budget over time... but you can do it at your speed and end up with a great game.


#7 3 years ago

I nominate WCS94.


#8 3 years ago

Yeah, I missed WCS.


#9 3 years ago

Probably get a NF for that. Work well in your lineup to have a super quick machine. LAH which can be fun


#10 3 years ago
TheLaw said:

Probably get a NF for that.

I never see them below $2000. Maybe i need to look harder/better


#11 3 years ago
davewtf said:

I never see them below $2000. Maybe i need to look harder/better

I guess so. I got mine way cheaper than that. Not familair with Wisconson prices though.


#12 3 years ago
TheLaw said:

davewth said:

I never see them below $2000. Maybe i need to look harder/better

I guess so. I got mine way cheaper than that. Not familair with Wisconson prices though.

in your defense, pinside value says $1020-1180! ya, right!


#13 3 years ago

Yeah and I thought I over paid for mine after reading that. Cool, I got a sweet deal and didn't even know it.

EDIT: Also in "my defense" I bought mine for under what he's got to spend.


#14 3 years ago
Xanathar said:

Yeah I know about the bang for buck list. Finding people who will acutally sell in that range is a different story.

So true....look at some of the values. Alot of the prices tied to them are prices I would pay in a heartbeat.


#15 3 years ago

Ha go look at the "Best deal Worst deal" thread....prices Pinside lists are too high for that thread


#16 3 years ago
Drano said:

Sadly, none of the games on your wishlist
Also, I find the prices on the bang-for-buck list are not indicative of "real world" ask that you'll see from most sellers. be prepared to add 15%-25% to those numbers for sure.

I like to fix games up. If you're the same I would go for a nicer title that needs work. You'll still spend more than your budget over time... but you can do it at your speed and end up with a great game.

I like to fix them as well, but don't like to go overboard fixing them. I guess I'll see what I can find at the show, if I find anything in that range.


#17 3 years ago

How are the prices on pinside calculated? Would there be a better way? It would be nice to say that pinside had the best price list. Do you think a + / - button next to prices might be helpfull. Maybe something that only donating members can vote on.

Also, have you ever considered a voluntary monthly membership. I know you can donate, but checkout the gametz.com model. Something like that might be usefull.

Hopefully Robin sees this!


#18 3 years ago
Xanathar said:

BMore-Pinball said:this should give you a rough idea: http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck
Yeah I know about the bang for buck list. Finding people who will acutally sell in that range is a different story.
Example: Black Hole on bang for buck list is $740 to $860 but at the show according to Pynball.com is going to sell for $1200. Pretty steep difference.
I would like a DMD pin if possible but it is not required.

Yup, found the same thing.
All the prices I find are always much higher


#19 3 years ago

Problem is it's totally different everywhere you go. Keep hearing about how Cali prices are so much higher that out here.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.