By Xanathar

5 years ago

Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Need some advice

I have about roughly $1500 bucks to spend on a new pin this year. What should I be looking for at the show. What's worth that price range? Don't care if it needs some slight TLC even.

Had a lineup on a Demo Man from Pincades, but it got sold before he could bring it to the show. That was $1000-$1100 which was perfect.

Right now I have a T2 and a STTNG. Don't know If should stick with that theme or what.

Would prefer to go a little less then $1500 so I can have money for LED's and repairs if needed. Seeing what I can pickup at the show for that dollar amount this weekend.

Anyone have any ideas? Look to you guys for alot of advice. You are usually pretty spot on.

Xan

#2 5 years ago

this should give you a rough idea: http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

#3 5 years ago

Lots of good sys11's in that range if you don't require a dmd.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

this should give you a rough idea: http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

Yeah I know about the bang for buck list. Finding people who will acutally sell in that range is a different story.

Example: Black Hole on bang for buck list is $740 to $860 but at the show according to Pynball.com is going to sell for $1200. Pretty steep difference.

I would like a DMD pin if possible but it is not required.

#5 5 years ago

You have the same budget as me...I'd say JM, JD, DM, DW, Congo andWhirlwind. Maybe JP or FT if you can find one that needs work.

#6 5 years ago

Sadly, none of the games on your wishlist
Also, I find the prices on the bang-for-buck list are not indicative of "real world" ask that you'll see from most sellers. be prepared to add 15%-25% to those numbers for sure.

I like to fix games up. If you're the same I would go for a nicer title that needs work. You'll still spend more than your budget over time... but you can do it at your speed and end up with a great game.

#8 5 years ago

Yeah, I missed WCS.

#9 5 years ago

Probably get a NF for that. Work well in your lineup to have a super quick machine. LAH which can be fun

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably get a NF for that.

I never see them below $2000. Maybe i need to look harder/better

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I guess so. I got mine way cheaper than that. Not familair with Wisconson prices though.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

davewth said:

I guess so. I got mine way cheaper than that. Not familair with Wisconson prices though.

in your defense, pinside value says $1020-1180! ya, right!

#13 5 years ago

Yeah and I thought I over paid for mine after reading that. Cool, I got a sweet deal and didn't even know it.

EDIT: Also in "my defense" I bought mine for under what he's got to spend.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Xanathar:

Yeah I know about the bang for buck list. Finding people who will acutally sell in that range is a different story.

So true....look at some of the values. Alot of the prices tied to them are prices I would pay in a heartbeat.

#15 5 years ago

Ha go look at the "Best deal Worst deal" thread....prices Pinside lists are too high for that thread

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Sadly, none of the games on your wishlist
Also, I find the prices on the bang-for-buck list are not indicative of "real world" ask that you'll see from most sellers. be prepared to add 15%-25% to those numbers for sure.

I like to fix games up. If you're the same I would go for a nicer title that needs work. You'll still spend more than your budget over time... but you can do it at your speed and end up with a great game.

I like to fix them as well, but don't like to go overboard fixing them. I guess I'll see what I can find at the show, if I find anything in that range.

#17 5 years ago

How are the prices on pinside calculated? Would there be a better way? It would be nice to say that pinside had the best price list. Do you think a + / - button next to prices might be helpfull. Maybe something that only donating members can vote on.

Also, have you ever considered a voluntary monthly membership. I know you can donate, but checkout the gametz.com model. Something like that might be usefull.

Hopefully Robin sees this!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Xanathar:

BMore-Pinball said:this should give you a rough idea: http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck
Example: Black Hole on bang for buck list is $740 to $860 but at the show according to Pynball.com is going to sell for $1200. Pretty steep difference.
I would like a DMD pin if possible but it is not required.

Yup, found the same thing.
All the prices I find are always much higher

#19 5 years ago

Problem is it's totally different everywhere you go. Keep hearing about how Cali prices are so much higher that out here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Luling , LA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Catawba, NC

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 1,991 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.