(Topic ID: 74436)

What PFs, back glass and plastics would you like to see CPR do?

By jfh

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 411 posts
  • 240 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

464154.jpg
    hh.jpg
    workfile_boston_resize.jpg

There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
    #251 4 years ago

Alien Poker Plastics were great now we just need playfield and backglass, at least Playfield.

#252 4 years ago

How about an Astroid Annie and the Aliens backglass?

1 month later
    #255 4 years ago

I'm putting in my vote for a Flash playfield. I know 4 people locally who want them as well. They made a lot of Flash games and so many of them now have blown out playfields. I'd buy one yesterday if someone makes these!

#256 4 years ago

Our CPR "Flash" repro plastics sold very poorly ( very slowly ) as is the case with most Classic Williams products that we produce ( with the occasional exception of course ). The biggest problem that we have discovered in making repro Classic Williams playfields is that most people do not want to spend $6-700 on a new repro playfield for a $600 game. What these same people just don't get is the value of the game "after" a full restoration has been done to the game, none-the-less they just don't spend the money for repro parts for these older Williams games.....If we can't sell the parts we won't make them.....sorry....

Classic Bally on the other hand is a completely different situation as other parts are Easy to get a hold of and not too expensive, such as the Alltec Board set....We have always had sell-outs with Classic Bally products which is why we do re-runs on many of the titles, all depends on how well they sell on the first run.....

Quoted from MXV:

I'm putting in my vote for a Flash playfield.

#257 4 years ago

I'm not surprised at all Stu. Classic Bally games tend to have awesome art, and are more "collectible" and classic Williams tend to be on the fugly side, and people are happier with them as beaters to just play.

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How about an Astroid Annie and the Aliens backglass?

I second this... Ill buy 2!

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not surprised at all Stu. Classic Bally games tend to have awesome art, and are more "collectible" and classic Williams tend to be on the fugly side, and people are happier with them as beaters to just play.

People would be more into conversion kits for the "fugly" games. They're cheap and easy to get, and you don't feel like you're destroying something classic.

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Our CPR "Flash" repro plastics sold very poorly ( very slowly ) as is the case with most Classic Williams products that we produce ( with the occasional exception of course ). The biggest problem that we have discovered in making repro Classic Williams playfields is that most people do not want to spend $6-700 on a new repro playfield for a $600 game. What these same people just don't get is the value of the game "after" a full restoration has been done to the game, none-the-less they just don't spend the money for repro parts for these older Williams games.....If we can't sell the parts we won't make them.....sorry....
    Classic Bally on the other hand is a completely different situation as other parts are Easy to get a hold of and not too expensive, such as the Alltec Board set....We have always had sell-outs with Classic Bally products which is why we do re-runs on many of the titles, all depends on how well they sell on the first run.....

You are breaking my heart Stu, but from a business standpoint I totally understand where you are coming from.

#261 4 years ago

Please. A Swords of Fury playfield and mini-playfield.

#262 4 years ago

I would love to see cpr do:

baracora backglass
    embryon playfield
    rerun fathom playfield!!!
    rerun taxi playfield!
    rerun ebd pf
    rerun centaur pf..

this may be asking alot
    embryon would be nice to see the light
    of day..

#263 4 years ago

maybe a reproduction of the prototype
    backglass for grand lizard!
    has to be one of the greatest bg by paul faris!

#264 4 years ago

Bally a Kiss would sell like hot cakes, but I imagine Gene would want a pretty penny.

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Bally a Kiss would sell like hot cakes, but I imagine Gene would want a pretty penny.

Gene at IPB used to make them (and the backglasses) all the time.

It could not have cost that much.

He'd say he was sold out, but then would always be able to come up with 4 more of them....lol.

#267 4 years ago

Need to open up/expand the preorder numbers again for TAF. I missed the window and WANT ONE !

#268 4 years ago

re run flash Gordon playfield and plastics would be great.
    Williams Time Warp Playfield and plastics

#270 4 years ago

Rocky & Bullwinkle [RNB]. Just about every person on the planet with an RNB needs a backglass because of that stupid screw behind the nose. One with a splotch of mylar or something prior to install would make a world of difference.

#271 4 years ago

Wow, great minds huh?...I already have the new artwork completed for the R&B Backglass, Playfield, and Plastics Sets done!

#272 4 years ago

Jokerz playfield plastic set

Eight ball deluxe playfield re-run

Diner backglass

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Wow, great minds huh?...I already have the new artwork completed for the R&B Backglass, Playfield, and Plastics Sets done!

Please please!

#274 4 years ago

Comet is one of those mega selling games that never EVER has a good playfield.

It's like they used chalk paint or something.

#275 4 years ago

paragon backglass (I missed out), plastics, playfield etc

#276 4 years ago

Diner playfield. One for sure, maybe a second.

#277 4 years ago

EM Gottlieb backglass for "Super Score" only because I would like to frame one for the wall.

#278 4 years ago

More EBD playfields are in serious need!!

I also vote for Alien Poker backglass and playfields because they are almost always whooped.

#279 4 years ago

Looks at my lineup: F14, Rollergames, BSD, and SoF. Looks at CPR's responses, "not gonna do it". "not gonna do it". "not gonna do it". "not gonna do it". (all for valid and legitimate reasons, licensing, multi playfields, stupid inserts) Cries big salty tears and reminds herself to check this thread before buying anymore Williams pins w/o solid PF's

I know the PF is out of the question because of the mini PF, but any chance at an SoF BG? I know it was a small run of games, but dang I think you guys would knock it out of the park.

#280 4 years ago

EBD and Taxi re runs! Please

#281 4 years ago

Although Stu says there's not enough interest to re-run EBD, it seems to me that there's SOME interest.

Just how many would have to be sold in order to do a re-run?

#282 4 years ago

125 minimum

#283 4 years ago

Ebd rerun

#284 4 years ago

Fishtails Plastics....

#285 4 years ago

Frontier playfield!

#286 4 years ago

I've got a really nice Flash Gordon and I know they said they wouldn't do it b/c of cost, but I think another FG run would be cool, especially if they redid the plastics and backglass with the better process they've figured out.

I really wish they made repro wire harnesses so making my Joker Poker from scratch was easier, that or someone sell me a beater Joker Poker.

#287 4 years ago

Another vote for Judge Dredd plastics.

#288 4 years ago

Would love to see Taxi done again. Still so any great restoration candidates out there waiting for a beautiful new CPR PF and plastics and cab decals It would definitely be my next restoration project after finishing my Whirlwind if there was hope

#289 4 years ago

Flash Gordon, Vector, Blackout, Skateball. Woot!

#290 4 years ago

Playfields: Asteroid Annie, Sorcerer, Barracora, Grand Lizard, Jokerz, and another vote (although constantly discounted) for F14 and Swords of Fury!
    Backglass: Barracora, Jokerz (mirrored), Genie (mirrored)

Love CPR and only wish they had been the ones moving into a bigger factory!

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from xeneize:

Playfields: Asteroid Annie, Sorcerer, Barracora, Grand Lizard, Jokerz, and another vote (although constantly discounted) for F14 and Swords of Fury!
    Backglass: Barracora, Jokerz (mirrored), Genie (mirrored)
    Love CPR and only wish they had been the ones moving into a bigger factory!

CPR turned down F14 a couple of years ago and said they would not do it. PPS is apparently "working on it". I think the release date was last year. CPR also stated they would not do another round of multi tiered PF's like BK2K so I think that means SoF is out

#292 4 years ago

I got rid of my F14 project when I realized it wasn't happening this decade.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from iron00monkey:

I got rid of my F14 project when I realized it wasn't happening this decade.

Yeah, it's a pretty sad state. Seems like all things B/W have slowed down a bit.

#294 4 years ago

Unfortunately, CPR won't be doing Gottlieb backglasses again unless GTB licensing removes the bonding requirement (some insurance thing) that requires they keep some huge insurance bond in case of accidents due to producing GTB products, at least that is my understanding. Whatever the case it is a sad, sad shame as CPR seems capable of producing high quality backglasses and plastics and though there are some producing these for Gottliebs, another vendor wouldn't hurt. So no Genie, or any others many of which suffer from flaking in the reds, etc. That and general aging.

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Unfortunately, CPR won't be doing Gottlieb backglasses again unless GTB licensing removes the bonding requirement (some insurance thing) that requires they keep some huge insurance bond in case of accidents due to producing GTB products, at least that is my understanding. Whatever the case it is a sad, sad shame as CPR seems capable of producing high quality backglasses and plastics and though there are some producing these for Gottliebs, another vendor wouldn't hurt. So no Genie, or any others many of which suffer from flaking in the reds, etc. That and general aging.

Stu previously said in regards to Joker Poker Backglass

"Doubtful we will re-run this title because it's Gottlieb and the Licensing is so expensive. Other than the Joker Poker Playfield we have pretty much moved away from doing any Gottlieb products...
    Stu"

"We are dealing with the actual Copyright Owner, not a Licensor (PBR), and part of the requirement for Repro Gottlieb stuff is to carry a mandatory Bond (which is "very" expensive)."

They did end up doing a second run of JP backglass.. and the JP PF is currently shipping

Would be interesting to know did something change where it is now easier to deal with Mondial/Gottlieb Development LLC

#296 4 years ago

Actually that's not entirely true....IF and that's a big "IF" we can get a multi-PF set on 1 board for CNC'ing & Screen Printing then we will consider the project. A good example of this was the Flash Gordon, both Playfields fit on 1 piece of wood ( 21-1/4" x 42" ) then they were separated after they were done being printed and before they were clear-coated. However, there would have to be a HUGE demand for a specific tile to be done like this and they would be a lot more expensive than a traditional Single Playfield. When I say Huge Demand I mean like 175+ people truly committed to buying them. SoF is not in that kind of demand, we could most likely sell 40 Sets of SoF but not 175 of them. We lost out big time financially on the Black Knight PF Set that we did 8 years ago and will not make that mistake again.

Quoted from nerdygrrl:

CPR also stated they would not do another round of multi tiered PF's like BK2K so I think that means SoF is out

#297 4 years ago

So it sounds like, correct me if I'm wrong Stu, Flash Gordon could be done again at or close to the 'regular' rate because it can fit on a standard PF sheet. That would be encouraging news.

#298 4 years ago

"IF" there was a large enough Demand for it we might be convinced to do a re-run, However, it would not be the same price as last time, we live & learn from mistakes,....More work means more expensive.....

Quoted from shimoda:

correct me if I'm wrong Stu, Flash Gordon could be done again at or close to the 'regular' rate because it can fit on a standard PF sheet

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Actually that's not entirely true....IF and that's a big "IF" we can get a multi-PF set on 1 board for CNC'ing & Screen Printing then we will consider the project. A good example of this was the Flash Gordon, both Playfields fit on 1 piece of wood ( 21-1/4" x 42" ) then they were separated after they were done being printed and before they were clear-coated. However, there would have to be a HUGE demand for a specific tile to be done like this and they would be a lot more expensive than a traditional Single Playfield. When I say Huge Demand I mean like 175+ people truly committed to buying them. SoF is not in that kind of demand, we could most likely sell 40 Sets of SoF but not 175 of them. We lost out big time financially on the Black Knight PF Set that we did 8 years ago and will not make that mistake again.

Well, I'm in for one SoF set if it ever happens. Two sets if it meant the difference between them being made or not.

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

I didn't think that it was possible to get both PF's on one board for SoF. At least I thought that is what I read before when CPR and SoF was brought up in the past. I don't see the 175 mark being hit either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 209.99
    $ 209.99
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 299.00
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 189.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside